PDA

View Full Version : Best Photo Ops at DLR & DCA

Pooh5896
10-08-2003, 12:54 PM
Hi all! This is my first post!:) What a great forum. I have learned so much from reading your posts. My family and I will be at the DLR 10/15-10/19 staying at HOJOS. I can't wait! My question is: where are some of the best photo ops at the DLR? I got a great pic last year of my boys sitting in front of the Walt and Mickey statue with the castle in the backround. I was also able to spell my ds name with the big DCA letters! I love taking pics so give me some more ideas.:D

DisneyDustin22
10-08-2003, 02:11 PM
Theres a spot for a fun picture I always liked, as you walk toward the castle from main street, stay to your right hand side and go past the entrance to tomorrowland. Theres a walkway that goes between the Matterhorn and the castle back towards Small World. As the walkway breaks to the right to go back towards Alice, on the right it slopes upwards towards a area where Ariel takes pictures. (looks like a sea shell built into the rocks) If you stand right in front of there on the slope looking at the Matterhorn you have a GREAT, undisrupted view of the entire mountain. If you have a wide enough lens, you can get the entire mountain and the waterfalls, even the trees at the base of it. Kind of makes for a cool, picture. I think so. Best of luck!

Pooh5896
10-08-2003, 04:04 PM
Thanks! I will look for that spot.:D

Freerider127
10-08-2003, 04:30 PM
Welcome to the boards its great to have you. I think some of the best spots for pictures is in front of Splash Mountain and at the madderhorn. Another good picture spot is In front of space mountian it would be nice if it was actually open but its still a good photo spot. Also I would say in front of the castle is a must get picture.

CarlieB
10-08-2003, 04:55 PM
Hi:)

There are some nice areas around Big Thunder Mountain Trail and Grizzly River Rapids that would look nice in photos.

I agree that the Matterhorn is also a great backdrop.

Have a wonderful trip!

Captain Josh
10-08-2003, 05:10 PM
I personally like framing a shot around Indy, in three spots.

1. Around the truck, usually in front of the Lost Delta logo on the door, or in the back, so you can get the insides in the shot.

2. Framed so that the Temple is behind you, in a vertical shot

3. Around the base camp tents.

Pooh5896
10-09-2003, 12:58 PM
Thanks all! These all sound like great spots.;)

gliterrboy
10-09-2003, 05:57 PM
Since you have kids I would suggreest that you DEFINATELY get a picture of them each riding on the carasoul. I have one of myself on it when I was 5 and its still one of my favorites. Another is standing in line/loading area for the mark twain, the boat is in the background, and the door way onto the boat frames me perfectly. That is also from when I was 5 and my mom has it framed on her desk 'till this day. I hope your trip is great! :D

Captain Josh
10-09-2003, 06:05 PM
save 10 shots, one for each letter of C-A-L-I-F-O-R-N-I-A, in front of DCA....:D

LightGuy20
10-09-2003, 07:30 PM
Be sure and get there right at opening. Get a picture in front of the castle in the morning light with no one else in the picture. Evenyone keeps asking me how I got the castle all to myself. (It's all about getting there before they open the gates.):) :)