PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Ride

ZipadeedooDave
10-08-2003, 08:13 AM
Ok all!
What's your favorite ride at Disneyland? At DCA?

robsmustang
10-08-2003, 12:21 PM
in DL it is -big thunder
-pirates
-haunted mansion

CA it is -soarin

ZipadeedooDave
10-08-2003, 12:27 PM
Yeah, Soarin' over california is great, indeed. The best place to sit on there is B-1 -- you're right up on top that way and you don't see any dangling legs up above you. Even if you do, it's still cool, but we like B-1....so we always request it.

Went on California Screamin' a couple weeks ago....and I usually sit in the front and because the park was closing, they asked if we could sit whereever....and we did.....so we sat midway down....and it was so good.....there might be more velocity or something.....but it was rockin.

ftroop6
10-08-2003, 01:07 PM
I'd have to say the Matterhorn. My Dad and I rode it on my first visit to Disneyland when I was 5. I had never been on a rollercoast before.

mrscoach
10-08-2003, 03:17 PM
DL: Holiday Haunted Mansion. If it's not the Holiday season, then Pirates of the Carribean.

DCA: Soarin' Over California.

disneygeek87
10-08-2003, 03:30 PM
My favorite ride at DL is Space Mountain. At California Adventure, It'd have to be California Screamin!

disneyboy7
10-08-2003, 03:54 PM
Los Pirates.. yo ho!

Freerider127
10-08-2003, 03:54 PM
At DL my favorite ride has to be Splash Mountain and at DCA is has to be California Screamin:D

CarlieB
10-08-2003, 04:58 PM
At Dl it's the Haunted Mansion, followed by Splash Mountain, Indy and Pirates.

At DCA it's GRR, followed by Soarin'.

At DTD, it's Sephora (the way I approach shopping, it's as exciting as a ride:D )

merlinjones
10-08-2003, 05:21 PM
My top rides at DL

Alice in Wonderland
Haunted Mansion
Pirates of the Caribbean
Enchanted Tiki Room
Adventure Through Inner Space
Skyway
Swiss Family Treehouse
Space Mountain
Matterhorn
Peter Pan Flight
Casey Jr.
Rocket Jets up on PeopleMover platform

BJW
10-08-2003, 05:45 PM
DL: tie Pirates, Matterhorn
DCA: tie Soarin, Screamin
However, if you're in the mood for a good thrill at DCA go for Golden Zephyr. It's getting close to becoming my favorite. To me this is a pretty good thrill and scares the daylights out of you for a carnival ride.

rexfarms
10-08-2003, 06:22 PM
Technically there are no "rides" at the Disneyland Resort, only Attractions. I dont have a favorite attraction because I go for the Atmosphere rather then the Attractions. ;) I know some of you will agree with me out there.

Captain Josh
10-08-2003, 06:54 PM
Personally, I pledge allegiance to the Jungle Cruise, then Indy. (It's probably some form of blasphemy that I put my priorities in Adventureland.....)

After my "personal" things, I have to go with POTC, because it's my mom's favorite, and then it's HM, because I can memorize Grim Grinning Ghosts....that's not the whole reason, but it's a good one.

Tref
10-08-2003, 11:34 PM
For me it will always be the Haunted Mansion. A sentimental choice for me. I still remember my first ride on it just days after it opened, though I was only about four.

Black Pearl
10-10-2003, 01:22 PM
I have always told my wife that if I could, I would live in Pirate of the Carribean. My second favorite would be Splash Mountain. Third, Indiana Jones, with Haunted Mansion next. Rounded off withSpace Mountain. I don't know if it counts as a ride, but I always insist we go into Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln first.

Black Pearl
10-10-2003, 01:26 PM
I have always told my wife that if I could, I would live in Pirate of the Carribean. My second favorite

Sorry, Pirates of the Carribean. (I'm at work, trying to post o the sly):p

mamabot
10-10-2003, 01:40 PM
Touchy-feely mom response: Any ride (attraction) that puts a smile on my children's faces.

If I had to pick one favorite if I was in the park without the kids, it would have to be the Jungle Cruise. Ali has started to laugh at all the lame jokes with me. So if you ever see the one person laughing at the jokes and applauding at the back side of water, that is probably me. :D

Gemini Cricket
10-10-2003, 01:43 PM
POTC!
:)

katiesue
10-10-2003, 01:49 PM
Disneyland - Space Mountain

DCA - Maliboomer

PsychDoc
10-10-2003, 08:22 PM
DL -- Indy, Space, BTRR
DCA -- Soarin, MM

Magical
10-10-2003, 11:17 PM
Disneyland -

Pirates of the Caribbean. So creative & imaginative! :)

runner-ups: BTMRR, Splash

DCA -

Soarin'. :)

runner-up: GRR

-

°o°
"It all started with a mouse"

sleepyjeff
10-12-2003, 10:46 PM
At Disneyland:::Pirates of the Caribean.

At DCA:::Well, I know it is not a ride, but there always seems to be a long line...........you know, that single turnstyle they reluctantly open up to let people out of DCA;)

Nephythys
10-13-2003, 05:51 AM
Haunted Mansion - always the first attraction I head to when I get to the park.

POTC and Splash Mountain, with Space Mtn and BTMRR coming in close.

DCA?

Grizzley River Run and Tough to be a Bug are my favorites. Soarin and Screamin are near the top too-

:D

UncleGDogWord
10-13-2003, 11:00 AM
DL

Past:
America Sings
Now:
Matterhorn Bobsleds
POTC

DCA

Soaring
Who Want to Be a Mill (It's not a ride, but I won some pins and a hat, so it's one of my faves.)
Screaming