PDA

View Full Version : Paid Off before Take Off

Pat-n-Eil
10-07-2003, 12:07 PM
I'm excited because I just made the final payment to Disney for our upcoming Thanksgiving Vacation at the Grand Californian vacation. We've got the theme park view and the parkhopper, including the "unlimited" FastPass.

Now I just have to pay for food and gas (and trinkets, of course) when we go next month. Awesome!

I need to make Reservations for lunch at the Blue Bayou, because my daughter loves Monte Cristo sandwiches and told me she really wants to try theirs. And I am trying to come up with something for Thanksgiving itself to be memorable..

Any ideas?

CarlieB
10-07-2003, 12:11 PM
And I am trying to come up with something for Thanksgiving itself to be memorable..

How about dinner at one of the more upmarket restaurants, like Napa Rose? I haven't eaten there myself yet, but it gets very good reviews. It sounds like your trip will be wonderful:)

disneyscott
10-07-2003, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Pat&Eil
I'm excited because I just made the final payment to Disney for our upcoming Thanksgiving Vacation at the Grand Californian

how does this work, how many payments were made, how much intrest do they charge, has anyone else done it this way?

PumbaaMan
10-07-2003, 12:44 PM
How about dinner at one of the more upmarket restaurants, like Napa Rose? I haven't eaten there myself yet, but it gets very good reviews. It sounds like your trip will be wonderful

Just to add my 2 cents the food and service at the Napa Rose is FANTASTIC. I've eaten there a couple of times and have never had a bad meal. You'll want to make reservations though. It's a great place for a romatic dinner for 2 or a celebration of any sort.:)

ralphjr
10-07-2003, 01:02 PM
About making payments for Disney vacations:

I've always used the Walt Disney Travel Company directly for trips and they have always permitted me to make payments as long as the trip is paid in full a certain number of days before the departure date. They charge no interest to do this. I believe if the trip is booked online, then payments can be made online with a credit card. (Since I have used Disney Club discounts in the past, I was required to call them to make a payment.) They send out a statement every time a payment is made to keep track of things. I have also, in the past, mailed in checks for payment. A deposit is required at the time of booking. I have always found this to be convenient, since it allows me to budget and pay for the trip interest free.

One drawback is that I tend to book ever elaborate trips since I don't get an initial "hit" in the pocketbook. ;-)

-Ralph

Pat-n-Eil
10-07-2003, 01:21 PM
Thanks guys.. I may go to the Napa Rose. I called the Disney Dine number and made a reservation for Lunch Wednesday at the Blue Bayou, and I have a tentative reservation at the Storyteller's cafe. They said they are having a Thanksgiving themed buffet that night for dinner - which sounded good to me.

I will, however, be interested in the Napa Rose room at some time during the trip.. thanks for you input.

Regarding Reservations: ralphjr summed it up pretty well. Just go to the disney website and book a trip. You have to make an initial payment of $200, but then you can make payments whenever you like for any amount $20 or above. I think of it like a layaway plan.

I'd like to visit Florida at least once - this may be how I do it :)

MickeyandMe
10-07-2003, 09:22 PM
Just two cents from a travel agent (and fellow Disneyland fan!)

....most Disneyland travel package suppliers will allow you to do a "payment plan" - through Walt Disney Travel Company or other companies(even if it is through your travel agent). They usually require a $200-400 down payment, with final payment due 30-45 day prior to travel - interest free. In the interim you can make payments in any increments desired.

Also, if you have a Disney Visa Card you can purchase a package with Walt Disney Travel Company and get 6 months with 0% interest - especially useful if you are booking a last minute trip!

AVP
10-08-2003, 04:57 AM
Tony and I had Thanksgiving dinner at Napa Rose a few years ago, and it was wonderful. I'd go back in a heartbeat.

AVP

Pat-n-Eil
10-08-2003, 09:35 AM
Thanks AVP.. It sounds like I'll need to investigate the Napa Rose possibility further. Did they modify the menu for Thanksgiving?