PDA

View Full Version : Funniest or Most Bizarre Thing You've Ever Seen While @ Disneyland/DCA?

Pages : [1] 2

ZipadeedooDave
10-07-2003, 11:46 AM
We used to take a video camera when we would go and do this little piece called "Disneyland: Fashion Disasters"...and we used to zoom in on people that just needed major help in clothing...or were wearing stuff that was completely inappropriate for an amusement park or anywhere for that matter.

We had some pretty funny stuff on video tape....we saw some girl near Splash Mountain that had these shoes that must've made her like 6 or 7 inches taller than she really was....they looked like something she got at The Wild Pair or something.

Sitting around and people watching is the best...you really see the 'show' that way.....it's hysterical.

Anyone seen anything that is mentionable here in our post?

SzczerbiakManiac
10-07-2003, 12:21 PM
"Brat" was a woman with, how shall I put this, a large posterior. She was wearing bright red skin-tight pants and in large white letters emblazoned across her derriere was the word "BRAT". (Or was it [female dog], I forget now...) Good gawd what was she thinking!?!

Not Afraid, do you have a picture of her?

ryguy
10-07-2003, 01:05 PM
A little girl going pee in the mens bathroom urinal with her father. freaked me out i thought i was in the wrong john

Disneyphile
10-07-2003, 01:54 PM
Last year's holiday season at DCA:

I was waiting to see MSEP, and I witnessed the human equivalent:

I woman in a red sequined Santa-like suit, and even her wheelchair was decked out in rhinestones and sequins, glued to the armrests, wheels, everywhere. (I think Elvis would even have considered it tacky.)

I had no reason to see the parade after that. It had just rolled right past me. ;)

Captain Josh
10-07-2003, 03:54 PM
I long for the day that my antics are reported on a thread like this....

ZipadeedooDave
10-07-2003, 03:57 PM
I went into the men's restroom in Adventureland one day and this chubby Asian boy, probably about 4, was standing there at a urinal with his shirt pulled up under his arms and his pants around his ankles and his cheeks squeezed so hard together as he aimed for the urinal wall. It was the funniest restroom experience I think. Nothing desparaging, but I just want to describe to you what I saw. It was hysterical.

merlinjones
10-07-2003, 05:11 PM
Michael Eisner giving Art Linkletter a tour of Disney's California Adventure...

Darren
10-07-2003, 05:32 PM
Last time I was there i was on the Jungle Cruise and I saw...

Are You READY.......

THE BACK SIDE OF WATER

donatello3000
10-07-2003, 05:37 PM
Near the entrance of POTC (before you go under the bridge) somebody vomitted on the ground. It was one of those vomits that was more fluid than it was solid. Since that area has a bit of an incline the vomit "juice" started to flow, and it created a nice stream toward the entrance of POTC. The stream eventually stopped and made a small puddle.
For people who just passed by the stream/puddle, it looked more like somebody spilled a drink, or maybe some other water leak, because it was about a yard and a half away from where the person actually vomitted.
So some little girl came along, and, like other little kids, she decided to jump and splash in the puddle. A few tiny drops hit the leg of some woman nearby, and my friend and I couldn't stop laughing.
It was so nasty and funny.

Cat H
10-07-2003, 05:41 PM
There was this teenage girl in front of me on Thunder Mountain who stuffed her shirt full of stuff so that the lap bar would not close tight. THen she took out the stuffing and as we were climbing the first hill she truned around in her seat and rode the whole ride backwards. Seemed really crazy then and really bad now.

Ghoulish Delight
10-07-2003, 06:04 PM
End of the day, we were walking down Main Street (west side) towards the entrance. Across the street was a father with his son (maybe 4 or 5 if I remember correctly) on his shoulders. He was merrily walking down the sidewalk, and didn't notice the awnings above his head....smacked the kid right into one (not very hard). The father gave one of those guilty, "I feel so horrible because it's my kid, but I know there's no harm, so it's kind of funny," laughs as he comforted the kid. I would have felt REALLY bad for laughing, instead of sort of bad, if the father himself hadn't laughed. :D

CoasterMatt
10-07-2003, 10:34 PM
One of the funniest things I've ever seen, was Brer Fox in Splash Mountain, bent over backwards, while the top half of him continued to move. It was the one where Brer Bear is hanging from the rope, and Brer Fox is yelling at him to get down.

UncleGDogWord
10-08-2003, 06:15 AM
A couple of weeks ago at DCA my wife and I were heading to go pick-up our photo's and I wasn't looking where I was going when I ran smack into these two guys dressed as Frankken Furter From The Rocky Horror Picture Show. I knocked over one of the two and helped him up. I appologize for the incident and ask how they got away with being dressed like that. They said they just walked through and all Disney did was check their purses.

The funny thing is back in the 60's if you had hair past your collar as man you were not allowed into the park.

Boy these times they are a changing.

efoxx
10-08-2003, 06:33 AM
when Wfoxx and I were dating oh so long ago we saw a couple who were obviously on a date. she was wearing this red skin tight dress, with more holes then dress. and it was clear to all that she could not be wearing ANYTHING under the dress. we were in NOS at the time, and her date was all over her. the were going to get a portrait done, and as she sat there in the nearly there dress she was turning the show into a definate r rating.

then there was the woman who was so wraped up in her cigarette that when she acidently put it out on my arm it was all she could do to light another as she screamed "oh my god my smoke, my smoke". never mind the fact that I was also screaming, in pain.

then there was the parent that let their kid, about 8, pee in the bushes next to Matterhorn, because she didn't want to get out of line.

but the worst must have been at WDW (sorry) at the MNSSHP. a 350lb. Jasmine, bare midrift and all, who thought she looked sexy:eek:

ZipadeedooDave
10-08-2003, 07:49 AM
Well, this is a funny thing I did and sort of saw:

I was running into Frontierland with some friends one night and just as we come to The Golden Horseshoe, I was running so fast I ran right next to a cast member and my sunglasses, that were hooked to my shirt collar, flew off and hit a Cast Member in the face. It was the funniest thing....and my friends were laughing hysterically because at that point they had stopped running and I was the only one running at that point, and just with that, looked like a complete dope....and then the glasses, well it was awful funny!!

RStar
10-08-2003, 10:06 AM
While not funny, I found it bizzare, and don't wish to offend anyone,but I once saw an asian tourist with a mole on his face, he was clean shaven otherwise, and had a mass of hair about two feet long growing off the mole. I think it was some sort of statice symble.

ZipadeedooDave
10-08-2003, 10:10 AM
Dude!!
When was that?! I think I saw that same person!

ae's mom
10-08-2003, 11:19 AM
Okay, this is kinda gross. We saw a young couple (late teens) sitting on a bench when all of sudden he starts to pick a zit or something on her forehead!! She just sat there while he picked away. We were sitting far enough away that they couldn't hear us laughing. He would stop and then my cousin would say, "Here he goes again!" It must of went on for a good 20 minutes. It was like it wasn't a big deal and he wasn't quitting until that thing was picked! It reminded us of the way baboons groom each other, I would have died if he ate whatever he was picking...sorry, but it was the strangest and funniest thing!

RStar
10-08-2003, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by ZipadeedooDave
Dude!!
When was that?! I think I saw that same person!

That was about 3-4 years ago. Most likely not the same guy (unless he returns every year or lives in the area) but it may be a fairly common thing- got a mole, let it grow!

ZipadeedooDave
10-08-2003, 12:33 PM
I remember probably about 1988, my partner-in-crime, Becky, and I sat on the outside patio at Plaza Inn and finished lunch...and this bearded lady walked by (mind you, this was pre-birthday time at the Plaza Inn and the outer shrubs were much much shorter)

Anyway, this lady.....She was of some foreign nation, but I was shocked. Our mouth's dropped open and we just went into uncontrollable hysterics! It must be some sort of prestigious thing, but my friend, razor blades are not far.

We kept our eyes open for her all day long....

stinkerbell
10-08-2003, 02:37 PM
One of my favorite stories to tell is when we were waiting to see Belle after the Princess Storytime. The child before mine was done with her visit and she said goodbye, while picking her nose......

then she turned around and offered HER BIG FREAKING GREEN BOOGER to Belle, who was so calm and cool. All Belle said was something like, "Oh, no thank you!" with a big smile on her face. But you could tell she wanted to throw up.

Last October, another Padder and I were walking toward Critter Country when we saw this woman with a perm with huge bubble bangs, a flowered zip-up-the-back shortset and white perfectly folded striped socks with slip-on shoes from Payless.........it was like stepping back into 1987. It was 100% bizarre. Bizarre enough, that we took a picture! :~D It's my pride and joy!!!!!!

ZipadeedooDave
10-08-2003, 02:42 PM
During one of our visits to Disneyland during a "Fashion Disaster" filming day of ours, we were in New Orleans Square and the Beast came out and my sister Andi and cousin Teresa ran over to say hello - they were like 18/19 at the time, so it was like 1998. Anyway, they got a picture and were all happy and just as the Beast turned away, he clobbered my cousin Teresa in the head! In fact, I think she got a fat lip...and so we did a piece were we rushed Teresa to the ladies room to 'check the lip' while the rest of us went to watch music/dancing at Tomorrowland Terrace.....and mind you they videotaped the bathroom scene and then realized that they were video taping in the restroom and quickly turned off the machine (didn't need to be making any dirty pictures at Disneyland, you know! ) :fez:

Doodle Duck
10-08-2003, 03:06 PM
This sticks with me for some reason but....Just after premier week at DCA...EVERY ride and show we attempted to go on was a Walk On...NO lines....EXCEPT... The Tortilla 'attraction' had a big line! Still cracks me up.

ZipadeedooDave
10-08-2003, 03:11 PM
Dude (or Dudette)~
That is so true. I remember for a couple of months after the opening of DCA, you could walk on so many rides. I remember one night that a friend and I got a fastpass for Calif. Screamin' and we were able to get on it 5 times before out "fastpass time" came up! How wild huh!

Also, we got on Grizzly and it was so "dead" as it was 11:30pm and in the middle of April 2001, they let us get on it 3 times consecutively and never made us get off....it was cold, but we were single and it was fun....there was three kids on it with us from Alaska and they thought it was so warm out...aahhaha....yeah..;)

RStar
10-08-2003, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by stinkerbell
....then she turned around and offered HER BIG FREAKING GREEN BOOGER to Belle, who was so calm and cool. All Belle said was something like, "Oh, no thank you!" with a big smile on her face. But you could tell she wanted to throw up.

ROTFL!!!

She could have said "No, thank you sweety! Give it to Mommy, she'll be so proud!"

Or "No, thanks honey, I just had some!"
:eek: