PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with annual pass information on website after renewal?

Tinkermommy
07-18-2014, 06:16 PM
I hope this is the right forum for this...is anybody else having problems with their AP info on the website following renewal? Here's the situation: Our PAPs renew on July 17 each year. I renewed them at Disneyland a couple weeks before they expired. Several days ago, I noticed on the AP site that our passes were still showing as unrenewed. I remembered that happening before, and since I couldn't find any place to replace the old numbers with new numbers, I used the only available option -- I used the button on the page to add the two passes to our account.

This morning, I discovered that our passholder page now shows NO annual passes, and my visit counter has been reset. My daughter's is gone. (We had hundreds of visits.) I figured I'd just suck it up and add the new pass numbers, but when I did, I got an error message indicating that number was already in use, and giving me a phone number to call. The cast member I spoke to said he couldn't find any annual passes linked to my account, but he had some multi-day parkhoppers. After some discussion, I realized he was seeing our tickets for our upcoming trip to WDW. As it turned out, he's a WDW rep. He gave me a number to call in California, but it turned out to be the travel-dining number, so I hung up.

It looks to me like somehow our Walt Disney World trip (booked through their site) has obliterated our Disneyland AP records. I'm kind of scared to pursue this, as now I'm worried that calling Disneyland will somehow wipe out our WDW dining and fastpass reservations. Has this ever happened to anyone? Who would you call? Is that weird, or what? :confused:

currence
07-18-2014, 06:24 PM
I am having part of that same problem with my son's pass. It expired in May and I just renewed it, but they didn't give me ANY paperwork showing the new expiration date. I should have pushed the issue at the ticket booth but didn't because I was meeting friends. I figured, no problem, I would just add his pass back online. But when I did (after having to create a new person for him) it doesn't show any pass information like it does for my pass and the other two that I already had linked to my account. BUT, when I tried to delete his profile it told me that I couldn't.

I will call (during their operating hours) and let you know what they tell me. I don't have any WDW reservations with his profile so that shouldn't affect us (though I do now have some WDW dining reservations :) )

Tinkermommy
07-18-2014, 06:34 PM
Thank you! Our trip is close enough that I may just wait to deal with it when we return. Neither of us had any problem getting into either park last night, so it's not a pass problem for us; just a website issue. If I deal with it when we return, there won't be any WDW reservations to worry about. I just hope we can get our visit counters back...those were kind of cool!

olegc
07-19-2014, 04:32 PM
well, I renewed my pass in March prior to the deadline date - and all of my visits were cleared (over 320 - card member since 2000). This seems to have happened since they migrated the site to the new look. They have lost the historic info. Interesting that when I renewed in March I did enter my new number - but today based on your story above I checked and no pass was tied to my profile, even though I could log in to the AP site, etc.

Its a shame that the continuity is not there - not just for me and my nostalgia but maybe they do some sort of promotion for passholders with lots of visits. seems like OneDisney went bonkers this time (and I don't even have any WDW reservations coming up).

I wonder if MP or someone with ties to the program can ask a few questions.

kidcrazed
07-19-2014, 04:58 PM
Having the same problem. Can't even see the passholder rates for the hotels

AnotherJenny
07-20-2014, 11:02 AM
Have you tried just removing your barcode, logging back in and then reentering it?

My pass was lapsed for 11 1/2 months and my counter didn't reset. But it does currently show that I have a higher pass level than I actually do.

Gary94080
07-20-2014, 12:10 PM
I had a similar problem. I went to Disneyland about a week before my pass was to expire and renewed at the ticket booth. I was paying for the renewal with Disney Reward Dollars and that can only be done at the ticket booths.

when I renewed, I was instructed to carry both cards because they weren't sure which card would work for entry. the old card had the expiration date on it so they had to issue a new "forever" card. I used the old card for the whole trip for entry and fast passes.

when I got back to the hotel that night I entered the new card number in my profile and I was concerned that it said my annual pass was still to expire on the old date. I called the next day and was told not to worry and that it would correct itself after my expiration date passed (still a few days off). after my expiration date both old and new annual pass cards were deleted from my profile. I called again and was told to just reenter the new card number. I did that and the new card was accepted. my trip count though dropped down to the number that was there before I renewed my pass. if I do this again, I will have to remember not to renew until the last day of the trip.

olegc
07-20-2014, 08:15 PM
Have you tried just removing your barcode, logging back in and then reentering it?

My pass was lapsed for 11 1/2 months and my counter didn't reset. But it does currently show that I have a higher pass level than I actually do.

I can't speak for the OP - but for me I had the barcode in there already after I renewed. When they moved to the new User Interface layout about 3 weeks ago or so now the code is not in there. I entered it and got the fewer visits. I guess I can try to delete and re-enter -but I don't see the benefit.

currence
07-20-2014, 09:16 PM
I hadn't realized at first that I needed to re-enter my annual pass because it showed three passes with expiration dates but after playing around on the new format, I realized it didn't show any number of visits. So I added my pass and it now lists that I have 78 visits. Not sure what period is being counted because I'm pretty sure I haven't gone that many times with this pass, but have many more visits since I originally became a passholder.

BUT, I still haven't been able to see my son's expiration date. I did call and speak with the annual passholder line who confirmed that the expiration date for his pass is correct - but she indicated that her system was showing a different passholder number than what my son's pass has. After a two month lapse, I presented at the ticket booth with my son's new voucher and expired pass and the ticket agent processed the voucher and handed us back the same pass. The cast member on the phone indicated that she thought that he should have gotten a new pass and that perhaps the website would work better if he had his new pass number rather than the number on the old pass. The pass did work the day that it was reactivated and she thought that it would continue to work but possibly not work online.

I wouldn't care so much about online access for my kids passes - but his is the pass that doesn't currently sync with the rest of the family and I would like to have an easy way to check when his pass expires. For now, I have added it to my personal calendar for next year, but I shouldn't have to do that.

AnotherJenny
07-21-2014, 04:32 AM
I can't speak for the OP - but for me I had the barcode in there already after I renewed. When they moved to the new User Interface layout about 3 weeks ago or so now the code is not in there. I entered it and got the fewer visits. I guess I can try to delete and re-enter -but I don't see the benefit.

The suggestion to delete was for the OP, since her account doesn't show APs at all. Does the visit count really matter?

A few years ago, I was so sick of getting my AP notices at my older, less preferred email address, no matter how many times I switched it, that I removed the AP info and made a new account. However, I just tried to do the same thing, and I couldn't remove the barcode number, so I guess that won't work.

None of this is as bad as the time I registered for one of the AP after hours event, and when the confirmation page loaded, I was logged into another APs account! I contacted Disney, and after a few back and forths they did put me in touch with some people who seemed genuinely concerned that that could happen. But I also contacted the AP holder and basically said, "Not to freak you out, but here's your personal info that Disney's been giving out..."

olegc
07-21-2014, 08:24 AM
The suggestion to delete was for the OP, since her account doesn't show APs at all. Does the visit count really matter?

A few years ago, I was so sick of getting my AP notices at my older, less preferred email address, no matter how many times I switched it, that I removed the AP info and made a new account. However, I just tried to do the same thing, and I couldn't remove the barcode number, so I guess that won't work.

None of this is as bad as the time I registered for one of the AP after hours event, and when the confirmation page loaded, I was logged into another APs account! I contacted Disney, and after a few back and forths they did put me in touch with some people who seemed genuinely concerned that that could happen. But I also contacted the AP holder and basically said, "Not to freak you out, but here's your personal info that Disney's been giving out..."

on the visit thing - its just a personal piece of info I'd like to have and for it to be right. who knows - if Disney gets its act together and uses that info for marketing or campaigns for frequent visitors (and then ties that to spend) maybe we'd get some neat benefit or event. Shoot - supermarkets do it all the time why not Disney.

on your account being "swapped" with someone else - totally freaky. That means they use a unique identifier other than your email ID, name, or maybe even your pass bar code, to store and manage your account information and it was modified or linked to the wrong account. Very disconcerting indeed! (not the identifier, but about your data)

olegc
07-22-2014, 08:44 AM
i emailed the passholder website team about the changes in the site and asked what happened to my visit number. Here was their response...
"Thank you for contacting the DisneylandŽ Resort in California, the Happiest Place on Earth!

In conjunction with the updated version of this website, the number of visits displayed will only show your activity for the current Annual Pass year.

If you have additional questions or concerns please feel free to respondto this e-mail or, contact the Internet Help Desk at (714) 520-6222 from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. PST."

so if you like to keep track (and I do just for myself, not a major big deal) then now you will only see your visits for that year.

DizneyMommy
08-11-2014, 03:45 PM
This is interesting. I renewed and upgraded my pass to Deluxe on the 3rd, and my account still shows as SoCal and exp 8/21/14. This prompted me to call because I thought that they did my renewal wrong (which is a WHOLE other thread and ball of wax). The new system with these new forever cards (they called it "evergreen" on the phone) does not move your exp date forward until you get to the day it expires. So if you pay in the park, especially by cash or GC, best to get a receipt and keep it because you may not know there is a problem for 30 or 40 days if you renew ahead of time.

Toocherie
08-12-2014, 07:31 AM
I seriously don't understand why there can be SO many issues around AP's and renewing them, etc. It shouldn't be THAT complicated. I remember when the annual pass center was still in the park (where Jolly Holiday is now) spending over an hour getting my first Premier pass--I chalked that up to it being new at the time. The CM's I dealt with were very nice--but clearly clueless. Now that I "just" have a Premium pass I have had issues getting the passholder website updated like others. And when I read stories like the foregoing I just shake my head. You would think something so basic would be a priority and they would streamline the process so the front-end CMs would know what is going on and the website would be easy to navigate.

Tinkermommy
08-17-2014, 01:21 PM
I seriously don't understand why there can be SO many issues around AP's and renewing them, etc. .

Speaking of issues...I haven't pursued the original issue. I still don't see my daughter's pass, but mine shows an expiration date of 2015 and we got into the park this week with no trouble, so I'm just going to let it go.

But I just tried to purchase tickets for Mickey's Halloween Treat online, and kept getting a message saying they can no longer validate that I'm an annual passholder. (Really? When I paid in full for two PAP renewals a month ago?) I finally called, and the cast member said it's been a recurring problem that's been reported but not fixed. They sold me the tickets over the phone...and then charged me an extra $5 to mail them, which is the only delivery method available for phone purchases. The only alternative to paying more was waiting to see if they fixed the online problem, but since there are eight of us going, I didn't want to risk the day selling out. Sigh.

AnotherJenny
08-18-2014, 04:30 AM
My profile now shows So Cal Select instead of So Cal and defaults to the correct set of block out days. So I guess I'm not sneaking in on a Sunday ;)

My visit count hasn't reset, but we'll see if that happens the next time I use the pass.