PDA

View Full Version : KTLA Overnight in the Haunted Mansion contest 7/16/14 to 7/27 entry

candles71
07-16-2014, 08:30 AM
There was a News post about this yesterday but the link wasn't working. (I know, it was here but I can't find it now. :p) It is for those in the LA news broadcast market, so it counts me out. :|:cool: You have to write a short essay (50 words) and upload a picture. Link to form (http://ktla.com/2014/07/16/win-an-overnight-stay-at-the-disneyland-haunted-mansion/).

There was a similar contest posted here in 2009 (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?129373-Mark-and-Brian-Give-Away&highlight=overnight+stay+haunted+mansion). About halfway down the page, one of our Padders won. He posted a link to his blog with a TR. (http://disneyjoe.wordpress.com/2009/08/04/our-disneyland-haunted-mansion-sleepover-experience/) Which I found really cool to read.

If you get picked as a finalist, let us know, we are good at voting for our fellow padders here. :fez:

If you are Sacramento readers and counted out, several of the Radio stations are giving out 2 packs of tickets. ;) You have to listen for the codeword.

Shortpix77
07-16-2014, 09:53 AM
This would be so amazing. I entered; crossing fingers :-)

Jodi
07-16-2014, 06:01 PM
I am SO INSANELY JEALOUS of whoever wins this! I was going to enter, but we will be in Florida on those dates. Darn that WDW trip! :p

houseofmouse
07-16-2014, 06:06 PM
Poo, only for CA residents!

candles71
07-16-2014, 08:19 PM
Make that SoCal residents HoM. ;) I can't enter either.
ETA: And, Oh pooooor Jodi. :p

houseofmouse
07-17-2014, 07:02 AM
Even crummier Candles71. :( They probably do not want to do airfare for the winners.

Shortpix77
07-17-2014, 08:48 AM
Ha, I just realized that the stay actually happens on the day I'm supposed to be flying to WDW. I'd totally move my vacation for that though, let's be real.

josephfive
07-17-2014, 11:53 AM
I am SO INSANELY JEALOUS of whoever wins this! I was going to enter, but we will be in Florida on those dates. Darn that WDW trip! :p

Wow, what are the odds?

snoopyfink
07-25-2014, 08:19 AM
Entered my "family" or "team" of me and my husband along with my cousin and her husband. We are four adults in our 30's so I'm not sure we'll make the cut in terms of the "marketing value"--but who knows! What a unique prize!

snoopyfink
08-05-2014, 12:05 PM
In case anyone is interested, here were the three finalists competing for the win yesterday morning: http://ktla.com/2014/08/04/overnight-stay-at-haunted-mansion/

Shortpix77
08-05-2014, 02:48 PM
They didn't know "call in the spirits, wherever they're at." I judge them :-)

Seriously a shame that it came down to the reporter's random draw -- they need better trivia questions!

olegc
08-06-2014, 07:50 AM
They didn't know "call in the spirits, wherever they're at." I judge them :-)

Seriously a shame that it came down to the reporter's random draw -- they need better trivia questions!

I bet they were not her questions but the Park Staff handed them to her.. so someone on the payroll is not doing their homework.

snoopyfink
08-06-2014, 08:20 AM
Agree that the perception that it came down to a random draw was lame. The cynic in me assumes Disney/KTLA handpicked the family that they thought would be most interesting to watch on the webcast and/or feature on future broadcasts or promotional materials. If you read the official rules, you would see that more than 50% of the "judging criteria" came down to "marketability." In other words, they made the questions "easy" enough (at least easy enough for hard core Disney fans) so that they'd go to the "random" drawing. You may or may not have noticed in that video of the broadcast, that when it came down to the final two, the "cards" were face down. If I had to guess, I'd guess that the family's name that ending up winning was on both of those cards.

Karin
08-06-2014, 11:21 AM
And the CM at the beginning said they'd only done this once before, "for the 40th anniversary and now 5 years later for the 45th."

Umm... I'm pretty sure I was at the 50th, have the golden ears to prove it, and that this year was the 59th anniversary.

olegc
08-06-2014, 11:36 AM
And the CM at the beginning said they'd only done this once before, "for the 40th anniversary and now 5 years later for the 45th."

Umm... I'm pretty sure I was at the 50th, have the golden ears to prove it, and that this year was the 59th anniversary.

THe CM was talking about the anniversary of the Haunted Mansion attraction itself - which opened in August of 1969.

candles71
08-06-2014, 11:46 AM
Like Oleg said, the Mansion's anniversary, not DL as a whole. :)

Karin
08-06-2014, 11:56 AM
Oh, oops. My bad. :) Guess I didn't catch that part.

whoever
08-07-2014, 05:06 AM
The winner was a huge Disney fan, and over on one of the other Disney forums out there.

quackinup
08-08-2014, 09:49 PM
Anyone watching the live stream tonight? Glad it fell on a night I work, it will help keep me awake.

whoever
08-09-2014, 06:48 AM
Anyone watching the live stream tonight? Glad it fell on a night I work, it will help keep me awake.

I didn't, but there are several compositions of stills captured throughout the night on the web. Looks like a fun time. I'm trying to figure out where they slept (or should I say the sleeping area because they didn't sleep), because I just can't place it.

olegc
08-09-2014, 09:37 AM
I didn't, but there are several compositions of stills captured throughout the night on the web. Looks like a fun time. I'm trying to figure out where they slept (or should I say the sleeping area because they didn't sleep), because I just can't place it.

its inside the right elevator. they decorated it with a faux fireplace, furniture, and beds (the coffin bed for the kid was cute). you can really tell when one of the characters leaves them and they show the video outside the room - and its the gallery hallway leading to the doombuggies.

candles71
08-09-2014, 02:42 PM
That is how they set it up last time as well. Beds in the second elevator.

quackinup
08-09-2014, 07:22 PM
Well, I planned to watch it. Unfortunately the video wouldn't load at work. I could get it on my phone but didn't want to use the data.

TTFN92
08-09-2014, 07:40 PM
Is there a bathroom in there? That lady was pregnant and you can't go too long without using the bathroom. It would not be fun to have to run across from the Mint Julep Bar in the middle of the night ;).