PDA

View Full Version : Attraction posters

TTFN92
07-09-2014, 05:55 PM
Am I remembering correctly that you could/can buy the old attraction posters like from the Skyway? My sister sent me a video of Neil Patrick Harris' kids' room and they were on the walls. She was wondering where to get them and I thought they were talked about on here.

oregontraveler
07-09-2014, 06:22 PM
You can buy poster reprints at the Disney Gallery on Main Street. They used to have "Print On Demand" but now they will mail them to your home. There are many choices, not just the attraction posters and you can choose the size too.

TTFN92
07-09-2014, 10:37 PM
Thanks for the info! Do you know a ballpark of what they cost?

olegc
07-09-2014, 11:47 PM
i don't know the price - but another neat thing is the Attraction Poster set (smaller), which was on a calendar, will be available later this year without a calendar.

I am sure you can call DelivEARS and ask about pricing on attraction poster prints.

TTFN92
07-10-2014, 08:20 AM
Thanks!

Janis and Aaron
07-10-2014, 09:57 PM
Found this on the Disney Parks blog:
"After hearing feedback from Disney Parks Blog readers, the souvenirs team is releasing attraction poster art packs. These packs will contain the 12 posters from the previously released calendars. This time, the posters will not include the calendar portions. They will also already be perforated, which makes them suitable for framing in a standard 12×18 frame...The poster art packs will be released at each respective Resort destination. Look for the Disneyland Resort poster art pack (item number 400008548731) at select Disneyland Resort locations toward the end of July. The Walt Disney World Resort poster art pack (item number 400008548748) is due to arrive toward the end of August at select locations in Florida. Both packs will be released on the Disney Parks online store in mid- to-late September."
Based on the comments on the article, the packs will be $19.95 each.

olegc
07-10-2014, 10:11 PM
"After hearing feedback from Disney Parks Blog readers, the souvenirs team is releasing attraction poster art packs. These packs will contain the 12 posters from the previously released calendars. This time, the posters will not include the calendar portions. They will also already be perforated, which makes them suitable for framing in a standard 12×18 frame...The poster art packs will be released at each respective Resort destination. Look for the Disneyland Resort poster art pack (item number 400008548731) at select Disneyland Resort locations toward the end of July. The Walt Disney World Resort poster art pack (item number 400008548748) is due to arrive toward the end of August at select locations in Florida. Both packs will be released on the Disney Parks online store in mid- to-late September."

this was the item I was referring to in my post. Thanks for posting the details. THough I think the posters are not as big as they ones you purchase from the Gallery.

jrsharp21
07-11-2014, 06:23 AM

very cool. I will be getting these to hang up in my office at work.

jmorgan
07-11-2014, 12:02 PM
I bought two attraction poster in November from the Disney Gallery (the art on demand). They were the largest you could get (smaller than the ones in the park but nice size for the home) and I got them unframed. I paid just under $60 each. They arrived in just a few weeks on very heavy paper and I was really pleased with them. The only regret I have is not having them framed when I bought them. I got them framed at Michaels for much more than I could of from Disney and I was disappointed with the framing from Michaels.

TTFN92
07-11-2014, 02:24 PM
I bought two attraction poster in November from the Disney Gallery (the art on demand). They were the largest you could get (smaller than the ones in the park but nice size for the home) and I got them unframed. I paid just under $60 each. They arrived in just a few weeks on very heavy paper and I was really pleased with them. The only regret I have is not having them framed when I bought them. I got them framed at Michaels for much more than I could of from Disney and I was disappointed with the framing from Michaels.
That's interesting. How often can you say Disney was cheaper ;)?

Pammer
07-11-2014, 07:51 PM
I think you can also get some that are pre-printed already at World of Disney, and they run about $18 (the size is about 9x12, I think?)...I remember getting the new Monorail poster this way.

whoever
07-13-2014, 11:52 AM
Here's a review I did on the new Disney Print on Demand.

OK, first of SIX posters I purchased last time out. I've got nearly all the DL posters due to having bought the 2014 calendar. There are some missing, and I didn't verify that DPOD offers them, but they probably do. They had a bunch of concept art I'll purchase at some point (primarily Adventureland).

At any rate, the DCA posters are UNOBTAINABLE online, and as such with my GREAT DLAP discount, I purchased six missing from my collection. Framing these will cost a small fortune though. At any rate, here are my first three which I've flattened out (they are rolled in a tube for delivery). The new print vendor puts the previous printing capabilities to ABSOLUTE SHAME. While the previous prints from POD were pixelated low-grade GARBAGE, these are heirloom quality both in print and stock.

I ran out of footed glasses to hold them flat, so I'll post up the other Three as soon as these relax a little.

http://www.wazny.com/images2/2014_Disney_Posters/DSCN3294%20(Large).JPG

http://www.wazny.com/images2/2014_Disney_Posters/DSCN3299%20(Large).JPG

http://www.wazny.com/images2/2014_Disney_Posters/DSCN3300%20(Large).JPG

http://www.wazny.com/images2/2014_Disney_Posters/DSCN3301%20(Large).JPG

And... here's the rest... I assure you the colors are much better in person.. the lighting sucks in these pics, and its a P&S, and I'm not taking the time to manipulate a JPG over a NEF, so it is what it is. These ones are as great as the first ones...

http://www.wazny.com/images2/2014_Disney_Posters/DSCN3302%20(Large).JPG

http://www.wazny.com/images2/2014_Disney_Posters/DSCN3303%20(Large).JPG

http://www.wazny.com/images2/2014_Disney_Posters/DSCN3304%20(Large).JPG

http://www.wazny.com/images2/2014_Disney_Posters/DSCN3305%20(Large).JPG

I looked up the fufillment vendor.

Bentley Global Arts Group - Fine Art Publishing & Services

Seems like they do really high quality stuff as a matter of business.

Here's what they have to say...

Our Digital Prints are high-resolution, high-quality reproductions individually printed on special large format printers. These beautiful digital reproductions are virtually unparalleled in quality and range of color, and are at the leading edge of fine art printmaking.Our archival 12 color pigment ink has a color permanence rating in excess of 100 years (when properly cared for, and displayed in acceptable lighting).

The paper is 16x20"

The art itself is 10.25x15.5"

I paid $122.60 for six prints after tax and my Premium AP discount.

TTFN92
07-13-2014, 11:47 PM
Those look great! Love the Little Mermaid print. $24 apiece seems like a very fair price. Where and how do you plan to display them?

whoever
07-14-2014, 07:05 AM
Those look great! Love the Little Mermaid print. $24 apiece seems like a very fair price. Where and how do you plan to display them?

I'll have them framed/matted up and put them in my girl's play room. I've got the DLR ones too from the calendars (slightly different size) and the ones from the WDW calendar (but 20k leagues is the only one I really need to frame). I need a gallery because I'm going to start running low on wall space.

I've got a rather large-ish set of stretching portraits on canvas somewhere too which needs framing.

jmorgan
07-15-2014, 12:15 PM
That's interesting. How often can you say Disney was cheaper ;)?

The art is done through "Bentley Global Arts Group" whom seem to be very good at producing quality framed art quickly and inexpensively.