PDA

View Full Version : Attn: Mr. Lincoln's Press Secretary

merlinjones
09-10-2001, 09:15 AM
Why is it that there is NO announcement on the gate or parking lot handouts that an all-new Mr. Lincoln show has opened? There are no postings at the entrance or at the tickets booths... no advertisements... no special note on the maps.

The only notices I've seen are the easy to miss poster and banner outside the attraction. If I didn't read the internet I never would have gone in to see the new show - - I wouldn't know it was there.

How will the number of guests per hour increase at this venue enough to justify the rehab if none know the show has changed?

...Or could it be that some savvy accountants don't WANT these numbers to rise, so they will be able to justify more attractions closings over rehabs in the future...?

stevefulton
09-10-2001, 10:18 AM
I noticed the same thing on Saturday. The changes are quite drastic, and I did overhear a few older people who quite liked it.

The show is cute, but personally, I was annoyed by some of the changes. The sound FX were really distractiing, so distracting in-fact that they overwhelmed the "grand finale" of the Lincoln address. Also, the "new" (old) address is not all that great. The "Gettyburg Address" is not very well-known for it actual textual content, but more for what it represented. I personally liked the "greatest hits" address they used for many years after the first Rehab.

Finally, what is with the "ear blowing" stuff? First Disney Bugs massages my rear-end and pokes me in the back at DCA Bugs, and now they are blowing-in-my-ear? Who's in charge of this stuff?

amynicole22
09-10-2001, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by stevefulton
Finally, what is with the "ear blowing" stuff? First Disney Bugs massages my rear-end and pokes me in the back at DCA Bugs, and now they are blowing-in-my-ear? Who's in charge of this stuff?

Tell me about it - I felt like I had wandered into WDW. Nothing against our Floridian sister parks, but their attractions seem to be a lot more, well, touchy-feely. I thought that the whispering in my ear was creepy beyond all reason.

And you're totally right about the Lincoln finale being diminished by all the new bells and whistles.

Napsto
09-10-2001, 02:13 PM
i like the show ovrall, but when lincoln is in your here, that is some crazy ish!!!

9oldmen
09-10-2001, 02:42 PM
I like the idea of using 3D sound to enhance an attraction, but LIncoln? I could see augmenting the Jungle Criuse with sounds of insects, adding voices in your ear to the Haunted Mansion, even adding Alien Encounter to Tommorowland.
Also, they refer you to someone named "Private Cunningham". That's fine, but about 50% of the audience is female. Remember the sound demonstration at Disney/MGM ? In that, you where asked to imagine yourself as the head of a major movie studio named "R.J. McBean". I thought that was brilliant because by using initials, you could be of either gender.

Bill Catherall
09-10-2001, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by 9oldmen
Also, they refer you to someone named "Private Cunningham". That's fine, but about 50% of the audience is female.
What is it that limits "Private Cunningham" to being male?

Gregmh48
09-10-2001, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Bill Catherall

What is it that limits "Private Cunningham" to being male?

I think that all soldiers during the Civil War were required to be male.

9oldmen
09-10-2001, 07:44 PM
Also, the picture they show looked male to me, but who am I to say?

JRob2k1
09-10-2001, 07:46 PM
On the "Disneyland Today" maps, next to the Great Moments listing there is a tiny little symbol that says new!

So see Disney did a lot of advertising...;)

-JRob