PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Time Returns September 12 - October 31

Pages : [1] 2

stan4d_steph
07-02-2014, 01:34 PM
This year's Halloween Time will include the return of seasonal attractions Haunted Mansion Holiday and Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy, as well as Disney Villains, and Mickey Mouse and his friends in Halloween costumes. The Dia de los Muertos celebration will also return as well as the special after-hours Mickey’s Halloween Party.

Mickey’s Halloween Party tickets go on sale on the following dates:

July 16: Tickets on sale to Disneyland Resort Annual Passholders, Disney Rewards Visa card holders and Disney Vacation Club members
July 30: Tickets on sale to general public

Mickey’s Halloween Party 2014 dates: Friday, September 26; Tuesday, September 30; Friday, October 3; Monday, October 6, Wednesday, October 8; Friday, October 10; Tuesday, October 14; Friday, October 17; Monday, October 20; Wednesday, October 22; Friday, October 24; Monday, October 27; Wednesday, October 29; and Friday, October 31.

Tickets will be available for purchase online (https://disneyland.disney.go.com/events-tours/mickeys-halloween-party/?CMP=SOC-DPFY14Q4HalloweenTimeattheDisneylandResortReturnsS eptember12October31with14NightsofMickey%E2%80%99sH alloweenParty000502-07-14).

TTFN92
07-02-2014, 10:24 PM
I'm really excited for this! When it says advance purchase does that just mean anytime before the day of?

tea4two
07-03-2014, 02:00 AM
I'm really excited for this! When it says advance purchase does that just mean anytime before the day of?

Yes, you should get the advance purchase price as long as you buy your tickets before the actual party date. Those buying tickets on the day of said party will pay the full price.

carolinakid
07-03-2014, 04:57 AM
We were there Halloween time last year and had a blast. We loved Ghost Galaxy. Haunted Mansion Nightmare Before Christmas....not so much. We enjoyed the Halloween Party and meeting the Villains. Great time of year to be at DL or WDW.

Silvercat
07-03-2014, 05:31 AM
OOHOOHOOH! Excited! We will be there for the first time ever!! Can't wait to get our tickets, but will have to I guess ......!

Shortpix77
07-03-2014, 06:49 AM
Went the last two years and loved every minute. Definitely going again! Most likely on October 10. Sad that some dates don't have an AP discount at all -- I figured they'd at least knock a few dollars off, but oh well. Clearly that's not going to deter me :-)

olegc
07-03-2014, 08:19 AM
Went the last two years and loved every minute. Definitely going again! Most likely on October 10. Sad that some dates don't have an AP discount at all -- I figured they'd at least knock a few dollars off, but oh well. Clearly that's not going to deter me :-)

besides Halloween night, do we know which dates already are not discounted?

3Princesses1Prince
07-03-2014, 09:13 AM
besides Halloween night, do we know which dates already are not discounted?

It's in the link:
Oct 10, 17, 24, 29, 31

olegc
07-03-2014, 09:32 AM
It's in the link:
Oct 10, 17, 24, 29, 31

ah.. yesterday, right at the announcement, the link from the parks blog did not have any pricing or ticket purchase info. Since that moment this has been added. (it was probably soon after I checked).

tea4two
07-04-2014, 12:17 AM
Excited! Now we have to narrow down our dates, talk with friends, narrow down the dates again, etc.

MermaidHair
07-04-2014, 09:45 AM
Anyone remember how fast these tickets sell out? I am specifically thinking of the 10/31 party.

tea4two
07-04-2014, 01:41 PM
That one wasn't the first to sell out last year. If I recall, the first party, Gay Days, UEA, etc. sold out faster.

olegc
07-04-2014, 07:14 PM
That one wasn't the first to sell out last year. If I recall, the first party, Gay Days, UEA, etc. sold out faster.

here is the thread from last year. Oct 4th was the first night to sell out. That was the first Friday. By Oct 2d 5 dates were sold out. etc.. Halloween did not sell out until the 17th. However, it was a Thursday night that year. This year Halloween is a Friday so it may be more popular.

CLICK HERE (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?200102-Mickey-s-Halloween-Party-Dates-Starting-to-Sell-Out&highlight=mickey%27s+halloween+party)

JiminysCrickets
07-16-2014, 09:33 AM
Was signing on today to buy annual passholder discounted tickets (like every year) and new text:
Mickey's Halloween Party Tickets
Annual Passholder September 26, 2014
Affiliation Restriction Passholders See important details below.

Remove Mickey's Halloween Party Annual Passholder September 26, 2014 - Opens Dialog
Subtotal $56.00

Check Out
Important Details

Affiliation Restriction Passholders
Price for Passholders
Item(s) are priced for Passholders only. For each ticket or pass purchased at the Passholder price, you must show a valid Passholder ID at the park entrance. For room reservations, you must show a valid adult Passholder ID at Resort check-in.

So can I buy reduced price tickets for the rest of my extended family who are NOT annual passholders? Does it work like Military, a service member must be part of the party entering, or more like hotel early entry, everyone has to have a keycard?

Live chat with Disney Sales is disabled, and long unhelpful wait at phone support.
Thanks for your help!

olegc
07-16-2014, 09:44 AM
Affiliation Restriction Passholders
Price for Passholders
Item(s) are priced for Passholders only. For each ticket or pass purchased at the Passholder price, you must show a valid Passholder ID at the park entrance. For room reservations, you must show a valid adult Passholder ID at Resort check-in.[/I]

So can I buy reduced price tickets for the rest of my extended family who are NOT annual passholders? Does it work like Military, a service member must be part of the party entering, or more like hotel early entry, everyone has to have a keycard?

I don't think so. the language is that each ticket must be used by a valid passholder. i.e. - you can buy 6 tickets - but when you get to the gate you'll need 6 passes. Its vague but my guess is that this is what they mean. Frankly if that's the case its going to create a lot of confusion at the gates.

Maybe someone can get official clarification?

JiminysCrickets
07-16-2014, 10:27 AM
Thank you for contacting Disneyland Ticketing.
This automated response confirms we have received your message. You may
expect to hear from our Ticket Fulfillment Team within five business
days. However, your message may require additional input and review by
other Disneyland Departments, and this may delay a response. Please be
assured, you will receive a reply to your inquiry.
For answers to most questions and other helpful celebration planning
information, please visit us online at www.disneyparks.com .
Thank you again, and we look forward to assisting you soon.
Sincerely,
Disneyland Ticketing

JiminysCrickets
07-16-2014, 10:38 AM
"As long as one member of your party has an annual pass, you're fine."

So, like military discount, buying several, planing will be fine. Wishing a magical week to everyone at MousePlanet!

JiminysCrickets
07-16-2014, 10:52 AM
They now allow you to buy up to 15 tickets in a single transaction.

olegc
07-16-2014, 10:57 AM

So, like military discount, buying several, planing will be fine. Wishing a magical week to everyone at MousePlanet!

They now allow you to buy up to 15 tickets in a single transaction.

cool - thanks for doing the legwork..

cstephens
07-16-2014, 10:59 AM

Thanks for checking. That's how they've handled it in the past, but having that language on the purchasing site is just wrong, because as someone else stated, the language means every person with an AP party ticket needs to be an AP. Weird.

TTFN92
07-16-2014, 02:00 PM

Thanks for checking. That's how they've handled it in the past, but having that language on the purchasing site is just wrong, because as someone else stated, the language means every person with an AP party ticket needs to be an AP. Weird.

Why is it weird to have to have an AP to be able to get am AP discounted ticket? I would never have thought that I could buy them for people without APs.

3Princesses1Prince
07-16-2014, 02:05 PM
Why is it weird to have to have an AP to be able to get am AP discounted ticket? I would never have thought that I could buy them for people without APs.
Say a family is going to the party, mom and kids have APs but dad doesn't or family does but grandparents don't. Do they buy part of the tickets now and the rest when it opens to the public?

TTFN92
07-16-2014, 03:02 PM
Say a family is going to the party, mom and kids have APs but dad doesn't or family does but grandparents don't. Do they buy part of the tickets now and the rest when it opens to the public?

Either that our wait and buy them all together. I guess since we've never bought tickets before this makes sense to me but I can see how people could be upset by it if this is a change from past years. But I'm actually surprised that Disney did it that way in the past.

cstephens
07-17-2014, 12:09 PM

It's weird because the wording on the website says one thing (every person with an AP ticket needs to have an AP) and the response from the CM on the guest services line said something else (only one member of the party has to have an AP).

There are some things that Disney does where membership is required, whether it's having an AP or being a D23 member or being a CM or being a DVC member. In other cases, they allow for someone in the membership to purchase X number of tickets to bring non-members. I always check to see which rule applies in a case where I'm interested in attending. It just doesn't make sense to put up a rule that's not actually in effect and is therefore misleading.

corona
07-18-2014, 01:41 PM
I'm wondering why (unlike last year) there's no inside info from AVP.