PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Mall

David Paul Lane
10-05-2003, 08:04 PM
Is it just me, or is Disneyland turning into the Disneyland Mall? With rides shuting down, for one reason or another, there isn't much else to do to but shop. All that needs to be done is to put the dome up. This could be cool if it was like what was done in Vegas with a screen inside. No, wate! Burnd out lights, blank spots, leaks.... Ok, thay won't use a roof for the mall, but thay just might do the mall anyway. So, seen any good malls? ;)

SoCalDisneyLover
10-05-2003, 09:13 PM
The funny thing is according to Al, they're reconsidering the whole AP idea. They should be da** thankful they have us AP's because pretty soon, out of towners are going to realize what a waste of $47 the park is. No Space Mtn., No Thunder Mtn., outdated rides like Star Tours, Jungle Cruise, etc.... If it was not for my AP, I certainly would not be plunking down $50 for a day at Disneyland. Why bother, when it basically hasn't changed in the 13 years since Indiana Jones opened. If anything, it's about 75% of the park it was back then in 1990.

swtkissez
10-05-2003, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by SoCalDisneyLover
Why bother, when it basically hasn't changed in the 13 years since Indiana Jones opened. If anything, it's about 75% of the park it was back then in 1990.

Umm, Indiana Jones opened in 1995, so that makes it 8 years...

I know geeky, that just stood out to me..sorry...

:geek:

SoCalDisneyLover
10-05-2003, 09:51 PM
Sorry...you're right. I thought it was for the 35th, but it was the 40th Anniversary. The park has still declined in those 8 years, and is less of a value for the single day parkgoer. About the only thing that's gone Up at Disneyland in the last 8 years has been the admission price.

swtkissez
10-05-2003, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by SoCalDisneyLover
Sorry...you're right. I thought it was for the 35th, but it was the 40th Anniversary. The park has still declined in those 8 years, and is less of a value for the single day parkgoer. About the only thing that's gone Up at Disneyland in the last 8 years has been the admission price.

haha...yea

Morrigoon
10-06-2003, 05:15 PM
Well, I don't know the actual numbers regarding what we APs spend, on average. But I'd be very surprised if Disney thinks it can afford to let go of 40% of its attendance (not to mention anger many of them into not wishing to return as a day guest).

And yeah, the park is in a pretty sad state right now. It's like watching an old friend die; you still love them, but you see the difference between what they were and what they've come to... and it hurts to watch.

MonorailMan
10-06-2003, 05:37 PM
THe problems with losing the APs, is a lose-lose situation:

Keep APs - APs spend money, but overall there is less money, due to the low AP price

Lose APs - Less former-APers come as day guests, because they now feel ripped off, much less mechandise sales....

There really stuck in a rut now! :D

Plus, Dave, has a great point, with 3/4 mountains down, and a sad Tommorowland, all that's left is shopping, and most of the mechandise, isn't that good, IMHO. ;)

Cadaverous Pallor
10-06-2003, 08:21 PM
If Disney IS reconsidering the APers, it's probably because of some self-haters that write columns on the net about how horrible APers are.

:rolleyes:

DisneyFan25863
10-06-2003, 09:42 PM
I think, if they do anything, they should keep the Premie as it is, raise the delux to 175, but with more days and more benifits (as well as cheeper parking), and get rid of the SoCal. :) ;) :geek: