PDA

View Full Version : Tower of Terror Unexpectedly Closed [reopened afternoon 6/16]

Malcon10t
06-15-2014, 01:17 PM
Tower of Terror has been closed since last Thursday, and is closed until further notice. Some expect it to be back up on the 16th. There is no confirmation of this. Supposedly it is closed for mechanical reasons. If anyone hears of its return, please post.

corona
06-15-2014, 02:25 PM
The closure has been officially listed by Disneyland. The ride should open tomorrow.

bumblebeeonarose
06-15-2014, 07:28 PM
We were just there. As we were driving to Anaheim on Friday I noticed that TOT was down according to Mouse Wait in the morning and at night. Then Saturday morning we were waiting for rope drop near Soarin' and someone was complaining that GRR was closed. The CM said well it's only one ride in the park. So I asked him about TOT and mentioned that it was closed the day before. He assured me that it was open. So about 40 minutes after opening we walked over to TOT to find that the CMs were informing people that the hotel was, "Not taking Check-ins today." They were however inviting people to go in and take a tour of the lobby. At the time we were not interested, but later my DH expressed interest, but I didn't feel like walking back over there. There were a lot of closures throughout the day, and we spent a lot of time back tracking our way through the parks as we'd hit one closed ride after another.

Marycontardi
06-16-2014, 09:49 AM
Continues to be closed with the possibility of opening this afternoon per CM and Security

Malcon10t
06-16-2014, 03:42 PM
Tower of Terror is reopened as of this afternoon.

Janis and Aaron
06-16-2014, 05:14 PM
I have to say, I liked what they did to take some of the sting out of TOT being closed. They were allowing people to tour the lobby (even the parts you can't normally access) and the two libraries, and they set up a "maze" outside using the queue ropes. You got a sticker for completing the maze. They also had a couple of the cast member costumes available for you to try on. There were lots of CMs around to take pictures of you with your camera and point out interesting stuff, like the "13 diamond" AAA plaque. One library was well-lit and you could explore at your leisure. The other library was darkened and the CM was handing out flashlights so you could find certain items he named. DS12 is a big Twilight Zone fan, so he especially liked this access. We already knew about most of the TZ references in the queue, but the CMs were very helpful about pointing out some others we'd never seen (like the glasses from the TZ episode Time Enough At Last).

buffy24
06-17-2014, 12:33 PM
I hadn't realized they had closed it down. We rode it that morning, fairly early.