PDA

View Full Version : Help from the Haunted Mansion experts

Nephythys
10-03-2003, 04:23 PM
The lady and gentlemen ghosts who sing Grim Grinning Ghosts, with the english accents, she says something at the end of the lyrics....what is it?:confused:

Not Afraid
10-03-2003, 05:16 PM
Are you talking about the ghosts on the left having tea (or drinks) or the Opera singer?

The tea party female ghost says "out to socialize" in a pretty distinct, English speaking voice. Could that be what you are refering to?

SzczerbiakManiac
10-03-2003, 06:33 PM
Just FYI, the newly released CD has an excellent recording of the entire ride's musical numbers. It's crystal clear and great fun and may help you deciphering lyrics. Of course, it's the HMH version, so if you were looking for the regular version this may not be of use.

And no, I don't get a cut of the CD sales, I just really, really like it! :)

Lost Boy
10-03-2003, 06:41 PM
Is the new HMH CD available now or was it just for the private party last night. If it's for sale now to anyone, how much is it and does World of Disney have it? Thanks.

Matterhorn Fan
10-03-2003, 06:51 PM
I have the regular HM CD. Did they finally release a HMH one? If so, does it have the original music or last year's? (are there scarols?)

disneyfreak168
10-03-2003, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Not Afraid
Are you talking about the ghosts on the left having tea (or drinks) or the Opera singer?

The tea party female ghost says "out to socialize" in a pretty distinct, English speaking voice. Could that be what you are refering to?

no...I don't think that's wasn't what Nephythys was looking for. I downlaoded the graveyard section and she says something really fast...(sort of mumble) I'm trying to find it on the internet right now

lol had to edit

Nephythys
10-03-2003, 07:14 PM
I bought a CD of the HMH the year I went. I was there in 2001, it's first year. I know the spiel by heart, and I hand framed the scroll. It is one of my prize possessions.
I also have the HM 30th Anniversary CD, and have almost got even the Phantom Manor spiel by Vincent Price down by heart. Even the french part. I have known the DL HM spiel for years. I doubt I will ever get the Tokyo one down!:D I also listen to the Disneyland Official Album daily (it plays on my computer as background music at work, keeps me happy) so I hear that version too-

I know all the words to Grim Grinning Ghosts, but at the end, after the lyrics -
When you hear the knell of the reqeuim bell and weird glows gleam where spirits dwell, restless bones etherealize, rise as spooks of every size. " She says something, more intelligible than the mummy's mumblings, but still indistinct - something "Oh it's like....something."

I hope someone knows.:D

Matterhorn Fan
10-03-2003, 07:20 PM
It sounds to me like "oh yes they do."

disneyfreak168
10-03-2003, 07:52 PM
I don't think she's speaking English :D . I can't find it on the internet.

little help here ppl!

Niwel
10-03-2003, 08:33 PM
I second that. I have the song on a couple of CDs. It sounds strange because of the accents.

Originally posted by Matterhorn Fan
It sounds to me like "oh yes they do."

disneyfreak168
10-03-2003, 08:41 PM
After listening to that part 10,000+ times :D. I'm going with

Matterhorn and Niwel

"oh yes they do! "

SzczerbiakManiac
10-03-2003, 10:36 PM
Lost Boy wrote:
Is the new HMH CD available nowyes
or was it just for the private party last night.nope
If it's for sale now to anyone, how much is it20 bucks retail
does World of Disney have it?Dunno. I know for sure Le Bat en Rouge has it, not sure about anywhere else.

Niwel
10-04-2003, 08:34 AM
I believe MouseShoppe sells it, too :fez:

mamabot
10-05-2003, 11:18 PM
They also have the CD for sale at the "You exited HMH at Disneyland. What are you going to Do? I am going to buy something!" Cart right in front of the McDonald's fry shack.

TheatreTech
10-05-2003, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by mamabot
"You exited HMH at Disneyland. What are you going to Do? I am going to buy something!"
That's what I always think when I exit something.;)

Cadaverous Pallor
10-06-2003, 02:02 PM
I just want to state for the record that Ghoulish and I do not know the lyrics to GGG....we do not own any Mansion CDs....and that the only parts we know by heart are the spoken ghost host bits, because we've ridden it a million times.

I don't know why....we're just not that kind of fan, I guess. :)

disneyfreak168
10-06-2003, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Cadaverous Pallor
I just want to state for the record that Ghoulish and I do not know the lyrics to GGG....we do not own any Mansion CDs....and that the only parts we know by heart are the spoken ghost host bits, because we've ridden it a million times.

I think that's kinda good...cuz if you know all the words to GGG, well...it gets stuck in your head for a week....(shhhh...:D) :D :D :D

whaddaya mean you're not that kind of fan!? :eek: I am indeed shocked! Lock, Shock , and Barrel! <--What does that have to do with anything? :D

Not Afraid
10-06-2003, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Cadaverous Pallor

Sooooooo. Were your lips just moving yesterday?;)

cstephens
10-06-2003, 03:36 PM
As of Sunday afternoon at least, the new HMH CD is sold out resortwide. They're supposed to be getting another shipment, but I didn't hear when that's supposed to happen.

Guess I was the only one who figured that EVERY SINGLE PERSON who was going on HMH 03 would want to buy the CD, especially if they went on HMH 02, so I expected them to have a bazillion copies of the CD available, knowing people have been wanting a CD since the first year. I was extremely surprised that they were sold out this fast. Deja vu, much?

Cadaverous Pallor
10-06-2003, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Not Afraid
Sooooooo. Were your lips just moving yesterday?;) Ah, but HMH lyrics are a different story! ;)

Originally posted by cstephens
Guess I was the only one who figured that EVERY SINGLE PERSON who was going on HMH 03 would want to buy the CD, especially if they went on HMH 02, so I expected them to have a bazillion copies of the CD available, knowing people have been wanting a CD since the first year. I was extremely surprised that they were sold out this fast. Deja vu, much?Heh. Last year they blamed it on the shipping strike. :rolleyes:

Cadaverous Pallor
10-06-2003, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by disneyfreak168
whaddaya mean you're not that kind of fan!? :eek: I am indeed shocked! Lock, Shock , and Barrel! <--What does that have to do with anything? :D It has EVERYTHING to do with everything! :D

We're just not the "books" type. I've looked up the lyrics for GGG a few times just for kicks but haven't totally committed them to memory. Same with "Yo ho" and the Splash tunes, among others. In fact, the only one I really tried to memorize was "How do you do" after we finally saw Song of the South.

On the rides, the words to songs just aren't clear enough. HMH actually is a lot clearer than the usual, so I think I know more words there.....and we're also a lot more likely to ride that one 3 times a day. :)

cemeinke
10-06-2003, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by cstephens
As of Sunday afternoon at least, the new HMH CD is sold out resortwide. They're supposed to be getting another shipment, but I didn't hear when that's supposed to happen.

Arrrrr - A Pirates Life for Me ;)

Mickeyslittlehelper
10-08-2003, 12:13 PM
Does anybody know the lyrics for what they sing throughout the ride (not HMH)???

Thanks,
John

SzczerbiakManiac
10-08-2003, 12:35 PM
Mickeyslittlehelper wrote:
Does anybody know the lyrics for what they sing throughout the ride (not HMH)???Do you mean "Grim Grinning Ghosts"?

Google is your friend (http://www.google.com/search?client=googlet&q=%22grim%20grinning%20ghosts%22%20lyrics).