PDA

View Full Version : Disney College

Pirate Girl
10-03-2003, 12:52 PM
Has anyone here been in Disney College at Disneyland? Does anyone have any information about it? I'm trying to find out how to enroll, and the website (surprise, surprise) is pretty vague.

Niwel
10-03-2003, 01:14 PM
Do you mean the college program or Disney University -- where you go to train when you become a CM?

Klutch
10-03-2003, 03:41 PM
Based on research I did for my son last year, Disneyland does not have the same type of College program found at Walt Disney World. Rather, they have a few internships available for graduate students, but I could find nothing more.

I remember reading, possibly on MousePlanet, that Disneyland once had a program for undergrad students, but it is no more. So, I guess you'll have to try for WDW.

Niwel
10-03-2003, 08:29 PM
I wrote four articles on the Disneyland College Program and we have some CM stories about the one at WDW. They should help you out :)

Cast Place (http://www.mouseplanet.com/kevin/)

tabacco
10-03-2003, 09:11 PM
Unfortunately, Disneyland hasn't had a college program since 2001. WDW still has one, though, and they run year-round, so you don't have to confine yourself to summer.

Pirate Girl
10-04-2003, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Niwel
Do you mean the college program or Disney University -- where you go to train when you become a CM?

The college program. :D

Pirate Girl
10-04-2003, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Niwel
I wrote four articles on the Disneyland College Program and we have some CM stories about the one at WDW. They should help you out :)

Cast Place (http://www.mouseplanet.com/kevin/)

Thanks! :fez:

Pirate Girl
10-04-2003, 08:54 PM
Does anyone know how to apply? I cant make heads or tails from the website and I doubt they will be coming to my campus. Any ideas?

Niwel
10-05-2003, 08:06 AM
Disneyland no longer has a "College Relations" department. I suggest calling the casting line and if they give you an option to talk to an actual person, do so and ask about the opportunities in the college program (if any).

Klutch
10-05-2003, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by 100thGrimGrinningGhost
Does anyone know how to apply? I cant make heads or tails from the website and I doubt they will be coming to my campus. Any ideas?

If you want to apply for the WDW College Program, poke around the Disney College web site and locate the calendar. The Calendar will list where and when Disney is recruiting. You don't have to be a student at the school where they are recruiting, but you must attend the orientation session (this is based on last year). Find the school nearest you and show up.

At the orientation you can sign up for an interview.

Pirate Girl
10-06-2003, 05:55 PM
Well, it lists Disneyland as one of the undergrad programs on the website. So does that mean they are possibly bringing it back? Or is it just another Disney Website Glitch?

Disneyphile
10-06-2003, 06:29 PM
Dude! Ya gotta do the one at WDW. Vista Way (the housing complex) is just the best. :D

I did the fall/holiday semester 10 years ago and had a blast.

I also recall the night we had a yellow rain poncho "toga" party. ;)