PDA

View Full Version : Boardwalk resort on points

yedliw
06-11-2014, 04:41 AM
Since Boardwalk is the smallest of the resorts in WDW, how hard is it to get a room on points if it isn't our home resort? We are planning on going in Nov of '15 the week before Turkey Day. Will there be rooms available at the 7 month mark, or should we have a back-up plan in place for a different resort? we are looking at going with a 1 or 2 br villa.

GusMan
06-11-2014, 05:28 AM
My take, and standard procedure, is to always book our home resort at 11 months, and then consider options for the 7 month mark. You can always wait list, or even consider a different resort that might have openings at the 7 month point.

The key is to call right on the day of your 7 month mark... and get on the wait list if needed.
The last time we did this for BWV, we did get our waitlist choice.

Of course, the more flexible you are, the better.

Drince88
06-11-2014, 07:16 PM
I would think that Boardwalk would be easier to get after F&W is done, so as long as you're after that, it should be easier. Maybe?

ericles
06-12-2014, 06:26 AM
I'm not a DVC owner, however we almost always stay at the Boardwalk, and when we do it's with rented points. Never have any problem getting the room(s) we desire, and often I'm not booking 7 months out - rather 2-4 months out.

ssmerdel
06-16-2014, 06:59 AM
Our home resort is AKL-Kidani. We stayed at the Boardwalk on points during Spring Break of 2011. We were able to get a studio with a water view of the lake and the Boardwalk right at the 7 month window. We booked our home resort at the 11 month window and then changed it at the 7 month window as GusMan suggested above. Good luck.

yedliw
06-16-2014, 04:39 PM
Thanx for the tips. I'm new to the DVC, my wife had it when we got married, and I'm still getting the hang of the best way to make the most of it. The nice thing about those ticker signatures, is it helps me keep track on when that 11 and 7 mo marks are coming up. :)