PDA

View Full Version : Are all DLR hotels sold out for 1st week of December?

jrsharp21
10-03-2003, 06:53 AM
I am planning a very special trip to Disneyland the first week of December and would like to stay at one of the three Disneyland hotels. Are they all sold out?

Nfatuated
10-03-2003, 06:56 AM
Have you checked? If you have then you know more than anyone else.

mcampisi
10-03-2003, 05:11 PM
I just called and made 3 reservations for the Grand Californian and Paradise Pier for the 7th and 8th of December so there are rooms (but 3 less now!!)

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
10-04-2003, 01:09 PM
what rate did you get the rooms at? The rooms were available when I called but the rate was very high.

MammaSilva
10-04-2003, 02:24 PM
The properties know it happens to be Candlelight Weekend for a start, and there is a conference or at least that's what I was told when I made our ressies for the 4-7th...but I still got an acceptable rate. Not typical off season but then I knew when I waited until after Candlelight had been confirmed that I was going to be paying a premium for being slow :(

mousey_girl
10-04-2003, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by MammaSilva
The properties know it happens to be Candlelight Weekend for a start, and there is a conference or at least that's what I was told when I made our ressies for the 4-7th...but I still got an acceptable rate. Not typical off season but then I knew when I waited until after Candlelight had been confirmed that I was going to be paying a premium for being slow :(

Where are you going to be staying???!? Nickolas's B-day is on the 6th (he will be 7) and we will be there during the exact time that you are!!!

I made our reservations for DLH, for a 2 room suite (my sleeping habits are muuuuuuch different than the Hubby or Boy so this is the best way for us to go).

MammaSilva
10-04-2003, 02:36 PM
We're over at the Desert Inn & Suites.. we stayed there in August.... and we're staying there next week in a Palor suite.... 2 queens in the bedroom, sofa sleeper in the Palor... I fell in love with the space/employees and location.. the parking blows but I'm more than willing to deal with that.

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
10-04-2003, 09:22 PM
After much persistance, finally managed to get another room at the DLH for the 119 AP rate, it's tough, with the candlelight thing and the fact that Vons and another company are having buyouts that week, the rooms are very scarce. They have committed rooms to the companies having the buyouts, so there is just nothing there

miss_sonja
10-31-2003, 07:39 PM
When I was checking prices on DLR vacactions recently (we decided on the Tropicana, FYI), all three DLR hotels showed not available for our dates, which are 4-8 December.

They might be technically sold out but still actually have rooms. Or perhaps the rooms they 've allocated for packages are sold out.

AVP
11-01-2003, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Walt'sbirthdaygirl
They have committed rooms to the companies having the buyouts, so there is just nothing there If someone still needs a room, it pays to find out when the Vons block will be released.

Usually, hotels reserve a "block" of rooms for an event like this, and you must book by a certain date, at which time they release the block. If there were unsold rooms, they will become available at that time.

AVP

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
11-01-2003, 07:47 PM
The Vons Corporate buyout was cancelled last week due to the southern california grocery strike. I called again to try and get a room at the GCH or the PP, but there are still none available at the cheapest AP rate. I would keep trying, they may not as yet have released the rooms. The buyout date was December 3rd, hope this helps