PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Haunted Mansion Holiday Event Coverage - October 2, 2003

cstephens
10-03-2003, 05:03 AM
I've posted an article on the 2003 Haunted Mansion Holiday Event held on October 2, 2003 which includes registration process, new Haunted Mansion Holiday merchandise information, including the long-awaited CD, dinner event at The Blue Bayou, links to spoilers for the 2003 version of Haunted Mansion Holiday and recap of "haunting entertainment" at the Fantasyland Theatre. Numerous photos included. Please click here (http://www.colddeadfish.net/dlr/hmhevent2003.html/) if you're interested. Thanks.

Iliade
10-03-2003, 06:45 AM
Hi,

Thank you very much ! I can also dream to have this one halloween at DLP...
Thank you !

:cool:

Gemini Cricket
10-03-2003, 07:31 AM
Yes! An AA of Oogie Boogie! I'm so there this year. I have to see this!

LSPoorEeyorick
10-03-2003, 07:36 AM
My particular favorite is... in a part of the ride where a wonderful addition was made last year, but because of various problems, the addition didn't last very long, much to the dismay of many

What addition are you talking about?

Also, what was the dessert-snake made of?

Thanks for sharing the details with those of us who can't afford to attend these events.

Chris Lang
10-03-2003, 08:18 AM
The addition he is speaking of, I believe, is the cymbal monkeys from last year. Oogie has a small "tribute" to them.

cstephens
10-03-2003, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by LSPoorEeyorick
Also, what was the dessert-snake made of?

Candy very much like tootsie rolls. This kind of snake I can deal with! :)

Not Afraid
10-03-2003, 12:06 PM
Awwwwww.....Cymbal Monkeys........:crying:

Gemini Cricket
10-03-2003, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Not Afraid
Awwwwww.....Cymbal Monkeys........:crying: But Oogie Boogie is wearing a fez! :fez:

SzczerbiakManiac
10-03-2003, 01:33 PM
Awesome summary cstephens, thank you for posting that. I would add one thing: For those who cast stand the Spanish safety spiel*, you will be glad to know it's not on the CD--only the English spiel is included.

*It's never bothered me, but I know there are some who are highly agitated by it.

mcampisi
10-03-2003, 04:42 PM
Wow, very clever saying on the bottom of the Oogie Boogie Pumpkin gift :)

innerSpaceman
10-03-2003, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by SzczerbiakManiac
For those who cast stand the Spanish safety spiel*, you will be glad to know it's not on the CD--only the English spiel is included.
And would this CD be something offered only at the HMH events, or will it be for sale to the general public?

(And if it's the former, who will let me burn a copy?)

Not Afraid
10-03-2003, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by innerSpaceman
(And if it's the former, who will let me burn a copy?)

"A" Copy? :p

I don't want to read CStephens' account until I see the HMH this year, but this is killing me! I also don't want to be disappointed that I didn't go this year. I might be like this::crying:

SzczerbiakManiac
10-03-2003, 06:05 PM
innerSpaceman wrote:
And would this CD be something offered only at the HMH events, or will it be for sale to the general public?The GP can buy it at Le Bat en Rouge and maybe on Main Street (what's it called, 20th Century Music or something...?), I haven't checked yet.

Nephythys
10-03-2003, 07:38 PM
I have a CD of the spiel from the first year- got it on Ebay. It's not official....but if someone desperately wanted one I would share it. If there IS an official one I would love to know how to get one, because I would appreciate the higher quality.

I took my video of the attraction and edited it to the CD soundtrack- it's very cool-

BornieoTheLoveBug
10-03-2003, 10:00 PM
Got a 3:15 ish fast pass for today (friday) and when I went to the HM, it was closed due to some technical difficulty. I went back around 5:30 and it was open and they were letting in all the FP people first.

Anyway, this was my first HMH and I enjoyed the heck out of it. I really had fun. The regular HM had really become stail for me and I think I can handle Jack sharing the space for a while. :eek:

SzczerbiakManiac
10-03-2003, 10:29 PM
Nephythys wrote:
If there IS an official one I would love to know how to get oneThere most definitely is an official one. If you can't get to the Park by early January, try MouseShoppe (http://www.mouseshoppe.com/product.cfm?ProductID=5082).

innerSpaceman
10-04-2003, 12:09 AM
Grrrr. I want that CD!

It wasn't at the main CD shop on Main Street, and the line to just get in to Bat en Rouge was longer than it took to go on HMH three times!

(shrug) Guess I'll try again tomorrow.

Haunted Mansion Holiday is great this year, by the way. I love that they change it a bit every year. Keeps things fresh. This year's edition is just swell.

yeo_foxe
10-04-2003, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by innerSpaceman
Grrrr. I want that CD!

It wasn't at the main CD shop on Main Street, and the line to just get in to Bat en Rouge was longer than it took to go on HMH three times!

(shrug) Guess I'll try again tomorrow.

Haunted Mansion Holiday is great this year, by the way. I love that they change it a bit every year. Keeps things fresh. This year's edition is just swell.

They had it on the little cart outside the exit.... That's where I got mine...

(4 times last night!!! Got to the park ~6ish...)

MonorailMan
10-04-2003, 03:39 PM
*It's never bothered me, but I know there are some who are highly agitated by it.

Good. That whole Preparase thing get's my spin cycle really going! :D ;) :rolleyes:

Nephythys
10-04-2003, 05:22 PM
There most definitely is an official one. If you can't get to the Park by early January, try MouseShoppe (http://www.mouseshoppe.com/product.cfm?ProductID=5082).

ah, many thanks. My CD is a track of the spiel through the ride, then the breakdown spiels. The ballroom music and some creepy form of a Christmas tune.
I think someone recorded it at the first event, but at a invitation event, not a usual ride through.

I will pick up this one at some point. I really wish I could be there this year.
*sigh*:crying: