PDA

View Full Version : Jrob got in the hot seat!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3

Ralph Wiggum
09-09-2001, 06:37 PM
Went to DCA today with Jrob and he got in the hot seat and made it all the way to the 64,000 point question....Way to go buddy!!! :D :D :D

DisneylandKid
09-09-2001, 06:51 PM
OMG! I went to DCA today...what time was the showing?? Maybe I saw your show!

Disney Crone/Kid
09-09-2001, 06:56 PM
:D You go, jrob! All the way to the $64,000 question...wow. Congratulations!

Dlandmom
09-09-2001, 08:39 PM
Wow! JRob didn't say a thing about getting to the $64,000 level when I met him at the hub today! Gee, I guess he was being humble! I guess not all NPFC members are THAT bad!;) :D

Great meeting you guys!

WizKidRyan
09-10-2001, 06:04 AM
I was there yesterday (the 9th) :)
I was in the 12:00 show....Ryan from Chino Hills...I made it up to 2000 (or was it 4000?)

Alex S.
09-10-2001, 06:41 AM
The guantlet is thrown. When I'm down for MouseAdventure on October 7, my 30-day disqualification will be over. I will have to make sure that 64,000 does not remail as MousePad's best (though it may not be, I'm just fishing for useless competition here).

Sheila
09-10-2001, 11:14 AM
Way to go, JRob! We knew you could make it to $64,000. :)

Sheila

Napsto
09-10-2001, 02:27 PM
that must have bee fun jrob dog-cat!

DisneylandKid
09-10-2001, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by WizKidRyan
I was there yesterday (the 9th) :)
I was in the 12:00 show....Ryan from Chino Hills...I made it up to 2000 (or was it 4000?)
I saw that show!

JRob2k1
09-10-2001, 06:06 PM
Thanks you guys.....(Especially you Ralph!!;))

To be perfectly honest I blew the 1000 point question, so i didnt win anything but a "hot seat" button. Ralph's post was an inside joke...

It was so nerve whacking in the hot seat, mind started freaking out. For example, the first question asked which of these Disney characters is an insect...They were all stupid answers and the right answer was Jimeny Crickett...But my I started second guessing myself, and freaking out. I got it right, but it was a very different experience.

WizKidRyan...I was also at the noon show!! I'm pretty sure I was the guy before you in the hot seat!! Do you remember Jacob from Portland? I was wearing a blue shirt and I blew the 1000 point question about a "Babe in the woods?" If so, thats pretty crazy we were actually there at the same time. Was one of your questions about Mt. Vesuvios??

-JRob

lisap
09-10-2001, 06:23 PM
Yeah, really...um... humble of you not to mention it Jrob...

Anything at all to say to the Community? Those who care about and trust your word? :crying: :crying:

JRob2k1
09-10-2001, 06:30 PM
I edited it Lisa! ;)

-JRob

DisneylandKid
09-10-2001, 06:49 PM
That's so weird! I was at WizKidRyan's (like i said) & JRob's show. JRob---I felt so bad when everyone shouted "NO" after you got the answer wrong...you were doing well, though. I was actually sitting a few rows behind you. Were you really with Ralph Wiggum, because I thought you were with your mom?! That's weird that (at least) 3 MousePadders were @ the same showing.

JRob2k1
09-10-2001, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by DisneylandKid
That's so weird! I was at WizKidRyan's (like i said) & JRob's show. JRob---I felt so bad when everyone shouted "NO" after you got the answer wrong...you were doing well, though. I was actually sitting a few rows behind you. Were you really with Ralph Wiggum, because I thought you were with your mom?! That's weird that (at least) 3 MousePadders were @ the same showing.

I was with my mom, but Ralph's original post is a joke, but you had to be there...

Thats cool that you saw my show, I was so embarrased when I missed that question. You know what was the worst thing?? About an hour later, poeple started recognizing me all over DCA and telling me about my screw-up!!

What an experience!!

-JRob

DisneylandKid
09-10-2001, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by JRob2k1

I was with my mom, but Ralph's original post is a joke, but you had to be there...

Thats cool that you saw my show, I was so embarrased when I missed that question. You know what was the worst thing?? About an hour later, poeple started recognizing me all over DCA and telling me about my screw-up!!

What an experience!!

-JRob
Seriously?

I never pictured you looking the way you did, its weird when you see someone in that kind of a situation!

JRob2k1
09-10-2001, 07:30 PM
It's kinda ironic that at least 2 members of the MousePad community saw my pitiful hot-seat performance!! See Ralph, our little "lie" would have never worked!!

;)

-JRob

Ralph Wiggum
09-10-2001, 08:29 PM
I wouldnt consider it a lie...more like a...ummm....well...okay fine!!! A LIE!!!

I wasnt there at all :( sorry for misleading my friends..but it was just an inside joke...

lisap
09-10-2001, 08:34 PM
For Shame. Hang your head Ralph.

;)

(Actually, you had me going there for a second--and I was even on the 'inside' of the joke!!)

:eek:

Sheila
09-10-2001, 09:55 PM
Gee whiz, our conspiracy of silence didn't last more than 24 hours! ;)

I think we'd all flunk our entrance exams to the CIA....

Sheila

JRob2k1
09-10-2001, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Sheila
Gee whiz, our conspiracy of silence didn't last more than 24 hours! ;)

I think we'd all flunk our entrance exams to the CIA....

Sheila

Well its kinda hard when 2 MousePadders saw me blow it in the hot seat....:crying:

-JRob

WizKidRyan
09-16-2001, 07:39 AM
Thanks you guys.....(Especially you Ralph!!;))
WizKidRyan...I was also at the noon show!! I'm pretty sure I was the guy before you in the hot seat!! Do you remember Jacob from Portland? I was wearing a blue shirt and I blew the 1000 point question about a "Babe in the woods?" If so, thats pretty crazy we were actually there at the same time. Was one of your questions about Mt. Vesuvios??

-JRob

Yes! Yes it was :)
Congratulations to you Jacob. Now, isn't it ironic that two MousePlanet people made it into the hotseat in a row? (Then again, with how many of us there are ;) )

Mt. Vesuvios destroyed Krakatoa, which lied between Java and Sumatra.....Don't ask me how I know, but when it comes to useless trivia, I know a lot (Except for the question after that)

AVP
09-16-2001, 09:49 AM
It's kinda ironic that at least 2 members of the MousePad community saw my pitiful hot-seat performance!! See Ralph, our little "lie" would have never worked!!

;)

-JRob

Add two more to that list - Tony and I were there too!

Adrienne VP

JRob2k1
09-16-2001, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by AVP

Add two more to that list - Tony and I were there too!

Adrienne VP

Really? I was Jacob from Portland, blue/buttoned shirt...Embarrassed myself on the 1000 point!!

Wow, I thought I could get away from the embarrassment, but of course my luck, 4 MousePad members just happened to be there...

Sheila
09-16-2001, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by WizKidRyan
Mt. Vesuvios destroyed Krakatoa, which lied between Java and Sumatra.....Don't ask me how I know, but when it comes to useless trivia, I know a lot (Except for the question after that)

I'm confused. Mt. Vesuvius is in Italy and destroyed the cities of Herculaneum and Pompeii. Krakatoa is a volcano over in Java. How did Vesuvius destroy Krakatoa?

Which reminds me of a fine movie from the 60's: "Krakatoa, East of Java" which is false since Krakatoa is WEST of Java. But it had Maximillian Schell which made up for this geographical gaffe. :) But once again I digress...

Sheila

WizKidRyan
09-16-2001, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Sheila

I'm confused. Mt. Vesuvius is in Italy and destroyed the cities of Herculaneum and Pompeii. Krakatoa is a volcano over in Java. How did Vesuvius destroy Krakatoa?

Which reminds me of a fine movie from the 60's: "Krakatoa, East of Java" which is false since Krakatoa is WEST of Java. But it had Maximillian Schell which made up for this geographical gaffe. :) But once again I digress...

Sheila

OK maybe I got my trivia mixed up :)
But either way, my backwards knowledge got the question answered correctly :)

And JRob...Don't feel bad about the 1000 pointer...Words cannot explain to someone how your mind blanks out in the hot seat. I admit, watching the show on TV before being in the hot seat (And I'll be honest, I did it when you were in it ;) ), I'll say to myself how stupid the people are...After being in the hot seat at Play It! I have a new found respect for those that are there.

Another plus to Play It!...It's my new found stage fright therapy thing ;)
I was nervous enough that the host was asking me if I was alright :)