PDA

View Full Version : Anaheim Police Department Releases Big Thunder Mountain Investigation Report

AVP
10-02-2003, 12:29 PM
Received from the Anaheim Police Department:

ANAHEIM, CA - (October 2, 2003) - The Anaheim Police Department has concluded its investigation into the accident at Disneyland’s Big Thunder Mountain Railroad attraction, which occurred on September 5, 2003.

After conducting a thorough and lengthy investigation, the Anaheim Police Department has not found any criminal culpability in this incident.

The State of California Division of Occupational Safety and Health continues to conduct their independent investigation into this accident.

Disneyphile
10-02-2003, 12:42 PM
Well, that rules out sabotage or tampering.........

Now, we just have to wait for DOSH's report. :|

Anthony
10-02-2003, 01:02 PM
Here comes an avalanche of more speculation, guesses, dumb ideas, MP’ers with 'Special Insider CM knowledge', but by the way-I can't share it with you..... Oh boy...

innerSpaceman
10-02-2003, 01:24 PM
Um yeah, some of us do have insider CM knowledge, but instead of telling you what it is without being able to identify a source, we will simply leave you in the dark and hope (against hope) that DOSH comes up with the answer that we with the inside scoop have known all along.

PhilMP
10-02-2003, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by innerSpaceman
Um yeah, some of us do have insider CM knowledge, but instead of telling you what it is without being able to identify a source, we will simply leave you in the dark and hope (against hope) that DOSH comes up with the answer that we with the inside scoop have known all along.

LOL, "inside scoop," what a joke.

CMs are just as much in the dark as everybody else, even lower management has no idea what's going on half the time. As a CM, I've heard hundreds of speculations and rumors about all sorts of stuff, with the end result being completely opposite of what's been circulated through the rank-and-file.

Where do you think Al Lutz gets all of his misguided information?

Phil

Anthony
10-02-2003, 02:28 PM

By all means, please "Leave me in the dark” I honestly don't care about the source of the accident. I do care that people were hurt, someone was killed. This seems like a really lame time to pull the third grade, "I know a secret, I know a secret." Great, I am ecstatic for you. Glad to see that is entertainment value for some. I am sure that we all want the same thing, and that is for the attraction, and the rest of DLR to be safe for all to enjoy. I just think it is funny to play that game. IMHO if you know something, share with the class, if you don't-then no problem, but please don't run around advertising that you have "inside scoop." (unless you are referring to ice cream, then I am your best friend)

Either way, have a great day.

Kevy Baby
10-02-2003, 02:30 PM
Personally, I just think it is just part of some vast right-wind conspiracy.

Nephythys
10-02-2003, 02:34 PM
oh ha ha, why don't you just blame it on Rush Limbaugh...

:rolleyes:

(yes- I sensed the humor)

SoCalDisneyLover
10-02-2003, 02:44 PM
I was absolutely Shocked to find out that an Extreme Right Wing Conservative like Rush Limbaugh....has racist views. What is the world coming to?

GreatWhiteShark
10-02-2003, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Kevy Baby
Personally, I just think it is just part of some vast right-wind conspiracy.
Spoken like a true democrat.

Kevy Baby
10-02-2003, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by GreatWhiteShark
Spoken like a true democrat.

Or a [insert political party here] with a warped sense of humour! :p

Ghoulish Delight
10-02-2003, 05:08 PM
Personally, I just think it is just part of some vast right-wind conspiracy. "right-wind conspiracy"? Is the title of the document specifying when they can and can't operate the Golden Zephyr at DCA?

Not Afraid
10-02-2003, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Anthony
This seems like a really lame time to pull the third grade, "I know a secret, I know a secret."

You brought up the subject here:

Here comes an avalanche of more speculation, guesses, dumb ideas, MP’ers with 'Special Insider CM knowledge', but by the way-I can't share it with you..... Oh boy...

What, you think that comment was just gonna sit there all lonesome?

merlinjones
10-02-2003, 06:03 PM
>>I am sure that we all want the same thing, and that is for the attraction, and the rest of DLR to be safe for all to enjoy. <<

Actually, I'd like to see that... AND a corporate reform enema flushing out the ranks of WDC management.

Nephythys
10-02-2003, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by SoCalDisneyLover
I was absolutely Shocked to find out that an Extreme Right Wing Conservative like Rush Limbaugh....has racist views. What is the world coming to?

Yeah right- and that is why the three top employees he hired are a black, a woman and a jew....

Considering it is democrats who have regularly shunned civil right laws, stepped on the backs of minorities to gain power and reject any minority who doesn't adhere to their views (check the female and hispanic judges they won't confirm) I don't think it is hard to see who is racist-

BTW- nice way to paint those of us who are conservative with a broad brush- so I can do the same right?

But back to the subject....I am glad there was nothing criminal about this. I understand accidents, but I want to believe that I am safe from criminal intent at Disneyland as much as possible.

zebsawa
10-02-2003, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by SoCalDisneyLover

I'd be more shocked if he'd actually said anything racist :)

Justin

Morrigoon
10-02-2003, 07:32 PM
Anthony: I'm glad you think that the truth is so entertaining. Those of us who know the truth don't find it so pleasant. Lucky you. To be honest, we HOPE that what we know isn't true.

adriennek
10-02-2003, 08:33 PM
Hello,

The topic of this thread is that the Anaheim Police Department released the Big Thunder Mountain Investigation report. The topic is not politics (take it to the lounge.) The topic is not each other (read the our FAQ and community policies.)

Thank you,

Adrienne

Lani
10-02-2003, 08:53 PM
Personally, I just think it is just part of some vast right-wind conspiracy. Would that be a hurricane or a tornado?

That said, this is a thread drift warning:

Folks, this thread is in the Disneyland forum. Please keep it on-topic or else we'll have to move it to the Lounge.

Thankye.

tracilicious
10-02-2003, 09:04 PM

if you have info about the accident then wouldn't the right thing to do be to tell DOSH your information? just a thought.

Not Afraid
10-02-2003, 09:10 PM
I am actually relieved about the information released on the APD's report today. It is pretty straightforward, clean and clear. Doesn't leave much to discuss, really.