PDA

View Full Version : Looking for an inexpensive motel at DL

GreatWhiteShark
10-02-2003, 12:17 PM
I am looking for the names of some of the inexpensive motels near DL. We want to stay in one of the motels next to IHOP and McDonalds right across the street from DL. But we forgot their names and would appreciate if anyone can reccomend some. We have stayed at the Howard Johnson and want to be closer than that.:)

mad4mky
10-02-2003, 12:20 PM
Log onto Expedia. Or Travelocity.

They'll show you some great prices on motels near DLR...
They'll even tell you exactly how close they are to the park. :)

Right now...prices are very low for the motels/hotels around the park.

adriennek
10-02-2003, 12:22 PM
The Disneyland Resort Hotels Review Page (http://www.mouseplanet.com/cgi/reviews/do/find.cgi?product-category=Disneyland%20Resort%20%2F%20Hotels) at MousePlanet lists several hotels with reviews.

I know several people who regularly stay at the Desert Inn & Suites (AKA Anaheim Desert Inn & Suites, I think.) It's very very close and usually has affordable rates.

Adrienne

lisap
10-02-2003, 12:22 PM
Best Western Park Place (http://www.anaheim-hotels-discounts.net/hotel-information/anaheim/best-western-park-place-inn-hotel/). Can't get any closer.

GreatWhiteShark
10-02-2003, 12:46 PM
Thank you everyone this will all be very helpful!:)

CarlieB
10-02-2003, 12:56 PM
We're staying at the Carousel Inn in November. It's right across the road from the DL entrance, and was pretty inexpensive (even in NZ dollars!):)

mamabot
10-02-2003, 01:11 PM
I stayed at the Desert Inn & Suites once with visiting family. It was a decent hotel, nice size, with an indoor swimming pool and a continental breakfast.

I think the hotel is located right next to Denny's

briar_rose
10-02-2003, 01:18 PM
Whatever you do, just don't stay at the Anaheim Plaza Hotel. A group of about 70 teenagers went with me (for the disney magic music days) and none of us had good rooms. Some people even found their rooms to be awful. Many of us were considering pooling our money together and moving to another hotel, it was THAT bad!!! Anyways, just thought I'd let you know that :)

Bill Catherall
10-02-2003, 02:12 PM
Here's a map (http://www.geocities.com/ashpsyche/DisneylandLinkMap.html) of the area with linked hotels.

Nephythys
10-02-2003, 02:29 PM
I also recommend Carousel Inn, we stayed there this last July and it was very nice. Pool on the roof, and you can watch the fireworks from there- nice if you went back to the hotel before the show at the park-:D

GreatWhiteShark
10-02-2003, 03:23 PM
Just wanted to thank everyone again. I found a hotel that is close and cheap.

Bill, that map helped out a lot, thanks!:)

Jason Reynolds
10-02-2003, 04:13 PM
I can tell you that the Comfort Inn Maingate on Harbor Blvd. is the best place to stay for the money. It's been remodeled and the price's are usually around $55 plus tax.

GreatWhiteShark
10-02-2003, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Jason Reynolds
I can tell you that the Comfort Inn Maingate on Harbor Blvd. is the best place to stay for the money. It's been remodeled and the price's are usually around $55 plus tax.

That's a great price.

stinkerbell
10-03-2003, 02:48 PM
I'm paying $52/night for the Coast Anaheim. Good luck! :)

bandboy1985
10-03-2003, 08:37 PM
i confess to not having the exact information on rates for this hotel but it's one over from the direct entrance to the plaza between the parks and is really great.

tropicana inn. it's my family's little secret only it's no longer so little since they are currently in the last two weeks of a major renovation and remodel which included building a massive 25' high portico across the entire front entrance to the property. it's really beautiful, however.

we've stayed there often and i've stayed there with several touring performing groups- economical, good rooms, nice pool and a very nice property all around. nothing seedy or shady or outdated, as can happen with harbor hotel properties.

the staff is also very accomodating...nice folks!