PDA

View Full Version : So Cal AP

masons1momma
05-26-2014, 08:18 AM
I have the So Cal passport, the one that is "not available" anymore for new purchase. From what I understand, because I have the pass, if i renew when it comes up, I can still keep the pass. However, my child is almost three, and he will need a pass. I do not want the lower pass, i picked the pass I did because Sundays are easier for me to visit, and it is what I can afford, and I do not want my child to have a lower pass than me, and not able to go on Sundays and I cannot afford two Deluxe or Premium passports.

Anyone have any ideas?

Do you think they will let me get him that pass?

currence
05-26-2014, 09:11 AM
If you currently are a so cal resident (which I am assuming you are since otherwise you wouldn't/shouldn't have that pass), I would go RIGHT NOW to a grocery store and buy a voucher for the So Cal AP. The vouchers are good through the end of the year so on your first visit after your kid turns 3 you can activate it. You may also be able to find that voucher online, or through AAA, but I don't know when they have/will be told to stop selling them.

The grocery store I went to to buy my parent's a voucher had Premiums and So Cal Select but not Deluxe (or So Cal? I don't now remember since it wasn't what I was looking for) - so you may need to go to more than one store before finding the pass.

tea4two
05-26-2014, 04:00 PM
Someone on another board reported buying the last SoCal voucher at his local supermarket (this was last week). The voucher would not scan at the register. The manager said that a Disney rep had stopped by before the increase to collect all the SoCal vouchers (he obviously missed at least one) and to deactivate the scan code at the registers. So, I would be prepared 1)not to find any SoCal vouchers and 2)for the voucher, if found, not to have an activation code. If the OP can find a voucher and it rings up, great! But she should be prepared otherwise. This same person on another board said that he phoned the AP hotline and was told that there are no exceptions to the no new SoCal APs rule. He also has a soon-to-be 3 year old, and does not want to upgrade to Deluxe for her. The CM on the phone was sympathetic, but emphatic. For this poster, the answer was a firm "no." AAA received a notice the morning after the increase to stop selling any SoCal APs. All other levels of passes were OK, and I did buy my premium vouchers at the old price without any problems. But the agent repeated many times that she couldn't sell me a SoCal pass, so I think that Disney really was firm in the memo they sent.
Disney did say on the AP Twitter Page that the SoCal AP suspension is temporary, but they gave no indication of when the suspension might be lifted.

Torrey
05-27-2014, 09:16 AM
You'll have to ask. I have heard of people getting new So Cal passes for three year olds who have just come of age with parents who currently have So Cal passes. And I have read other places where they said no. Maybe you can let us know.

Shortpix77
06-05-2014, 01:53 PM
A good friend of mine did manage to buy that pass level for her three-year-old (same situation as you; she and her husband already had that pass level), but she did it the day after the price change occurred. I think it may depend on the CM that you get, but it can't hurt to try.