PDA

View Full Version : Closest beach?

Darren
10-01-2003, 05:22 PM
In planning our upcoming trip to DLR, I would like to take my family to the beach. I am wondering where the closest acces is. I'm not neccisarily interested in the best beaches but rather a place where we can quickly go check it out. say for an hour or so. We are totally land-locked here and i'm sure my kids would enjoy seeing the ocean.

Not Afraid
10-01-2003, 05:38 PM
Probably Newport or Huntington would be closest.

For Newport, take Harbor Blvd (in front of DL) until it ends. Turn right on Newport Blvd and follow that across PCH. You'll be on the Balboa Pennisula with ocean on your right and harbor on your left.

For Huntington, go West on Ball Rd to Brookhurst. Make a Left and follow that until it ends at Huntington State Beach.

HBTiggerFan
10-01-2003, 07:00 PM
Another way to get to Huntington (posibally with less traffic)

Harbor South to the 22 West

Exit Bolsa Chica/Valley View

Turn Left onto Bolsa Chica

Take that to Warner (several miles)

Right on Warner (take that to the beach).

Or you can do a full circle by going:

Left on PCH (take that until you decide you want to stop, Main Street is a neat little area, you can eat lunch at Rubys at the end of the Peir (just get valadated)

You can take PCH back up to Brookhurst and take Brookhurst back up to Ball Road. Or you can take PCH to Beach Blvd. Turn Left on Beach Blvd and take it to the 22 east, exit Harbor North.