PDA

View Full Version : Tower of Terror sign is up on the building.

Pages : [1] 2

AVP
10-01-2003, 02:34 PM
It was added last night.

AVP

Not Afraid
10-01-2003, 02:37 PM
That is very cool! But, where's our pic treat?

No Candy Corn for you!:~D

DJ_MENTOS
10-01-2003, 03:26 PM
http://www.mouseinfo.com/mousetalk/showthread.php?t=6578&page=219&pp=15

MonorailMan
10-01-2003, 05:22 PM
I cant wait to Check In! :D

(Then Drop Out!)

zapppop
10-01-2003, 06:14 PM
Here's a photo I took about an hour ago just for you guys !

http://members.aol.com/lunerds/hthsign.jpg

... you're welcome ;) :fez: :geek:

disneyfreak168
10-01-2003, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by zapppop
Here's a photo I took about an hour ago just for you guys !

yay finally a CLEAR photo:) . yay :) just had to say that again

just curious, what camera did you use to take the photo?

anyway, thanks for pic :p

... you're welcome ;) :fez: :geek:

is it gonna glow green like the one in wdw?

and have that effect where the lights go on and off so it looks all messed up and stuff? like this? (http://www.tower-of-terror.com/towerhotelpics.html) and this??? (http://www.disneyforever.com/wdw/7_09_03/tot/index1.htm)

Tref
10-01-2003, 07:41 PM
Where is the Twilight Zone name? Have they removed all references to the Tv series from the ride, too?

disneyfreak168
10-01-2003, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Tref
Where is the Twilight Zone name? Have they removed all references to the Tv series from the ride, too?

I think you're looking for this pic (http://www.disneyforever.com/wdw/7_09_03/tot/pages/image011.htm) . That's at WDW. I'm not sure if they're gonna have the same thing as WDW or not, but they should, it's cool. And that sign should be near the entrance I think (I forgot) of the hotel gate or something

They're gonna have the Hotel Gate too right?

innerSpaceman
10-01-2003, 07:51 PM
Rumour is that they have.

But that would not affect the sign one way or another.

The backstory is not that there's a hotel that's actually called the Twilight Zone Hollywood Tower Hotel. It's simply the Hollywood Tower Hotel that hosts the attraction called The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror.

Word is that our watered-down version will simply be called The Tower of Terror and there will be no inclusion of any Twilight Zone material or music. As of now, that's just a rumour.

oh, and I'd say that photo above was taken with a Nikon Coolpix800 with a capability of 2.11 megapixels.

Rallymonkey23
10-01-2003, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by innerSpaceman
Word is that our watered-down version will simply be called The Tower of Terror and there will be no inclusion of any Twilight Zone material or music. As of now, that's just a rumour.

Let's hope that that's all it is.

The tower is looking great! Can't wait to ride it. :cool:

disneyfreak168
10-01-2003, 07:57 PM

oh, and I'd say that photo above was taken with a Nikon Coolpix800 with a capability of 2.11 megapixels.

Nikons are cool:)

Disneyfreak
10-01-2003, 08:32 PM
Just seems like the exterior so far seems cheap compared to the one in florida. The lightning damage looks like a stain, and the hollywood sign is way smaller, and too new looking then like the one in florida. I hope this isnt first signs of cheapness. Please tell me the new sign looks better in person then on the photo.

Covnut
10-01-2003, 08:41 PM
Word is that our watered-down version will simply be called The Tower of Terror and there will be no inclusion of any Twilight Zone material or music. As of now, that's just a rumour. I don't get why people are saying this is watered down. Its anything but watered down!

The sign is supposed to be trimed with a blueish purple and there will be a sign like the one in Florida's but it will be better. It is closer towards the queue then the gate entrance.

Covnut
10-01-2003, 08:42 PM
It does look better in person! It looks great!!! There is actually a lot of rust on it but hard to see in the pic and the videos on my site. The sign is not even that much smaller.

Covnut
10-01-2003, 08:46 PM
One more thing... the sign actually started going up at 5am. It was finished at 11:30am. It started going up bottom to top. Hollywood was split into two sections. Wood first then Holly.

MonorailMan
10-01-2003, 09:21 PM

This is untrue. The little DCA ABC Preview weekend, was taking about the "Twlight Zone Tower Of Terror", and it included the little blerb about the licence issue. ("The Twilight Zone" is a registered...") :D

Covnut
10-01-2003, 09:37 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot about that pamphlet that showed it.

donatello3000
10-01-2003, 10:36 PM
I dunno about the paint... I was there yesterday before the sign was up, and so my attention was drawn to that purple paint. To me it looks too fake. It doesn't intimidate me. I think it's cause of the contrast in color from the manila folder color to that purple smoke effect. But they still have months and they are still adding effects and paint to the outside, so maybe it'll change. If it doesn't change it's not really gonna change my mind about it being a good attraction, because that tower still looks awesome.

Tigertail777
10-02-2003, 12:00 AM
I personally really really dislike the architecture style they chose for this (god help me.. I am sorry but it looks like a shoebox in stucco on top)

However, I do have to say now that the sign is up, it does give it a certain kinda neat cartoony look. Doesnt look creepy at all by any means, but looks kinda cool in a toonish way.

From the painting of the Disneyseas one, I cant wait to see how creepy looking thats gonnna be!

laldava
10-02-2003, 12:43 AM
I personally prefer the exterior of the tower here as opposed to the one in florida. While the MGM studios version looks great, it reminds me more of a haunted house than of a hotel. When I first saw the one at DCA it actually seemed reminiscent of an old hollywood hotel during the 30's or 40's. Also, I think it is way to early to conclude that this version of the ride will be watered down, I mean its still months away from opening.

just my two cents

RStar
10-02-2003, 09:20 AM
The design of this "Hotel" is taken from LA buildings of the period. This is why it looks different from WDW, that one is a different location and time period.

Also about the "lightening damage". It is not only a purple stain, but also parts of the out croppings look like they were blown off and melted. There is even pipes sticking out like part of a whole floor got knocked off. Different building, different damage. Doesn't look cheepened to me.

I sure hope they keep the Rod Serling intro. and "Twilight Zone" theme. That's what makes it for me.

innerSpaceman
10-02-2003, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by RStar
The design of this "Hotel" is taken from LA buildings of the period. This is why it looks different from WDW, that one is a different location and time period.
I beg to differ. It is the DisneyWorld version that is modeled after actual Hollywood hotels of the period. The Disneyland Resort version is modeled after buildings in Santa Barbara.

The DisneyWorld one looks scary. The Disneyland one does not.

The DisneySeas one (http://members.aol.com/mreurodisney/tdstot.jpg) is going to be the best and scariest looking one of all.

tracilicious
10-02-2003, 10:21 AM
disneyseas get everything cool! maybe they can fire eisner and hire the guy (or woman) that runs disneyseas.

Not Afraid
10-02-2003, 11:10 AM
I, personaly, can't think about the Hollywood Tower of Terror without thinking of this Hollywood landmark. (http://www.tilenut.com/canoma/ince/)

Gemini Cricket
10-02-2003, 11:20 AM
Initially, I thought the sign was going to go somewhere over the purple area. I guess not. I'm kinda distracted by the purple, too.

I like the cracked windows of the Disney Seas version of TOT. That looks very menacing.

:)

The "W" in Tower is crooked. I wonder if they know that? j/k :D