PDA

View Full Version : Holiday menu changes?

disneychelle
10-01-2003, 01:30 PM
Does any of the restaurants change or add to their menus anything special for christmas at the Disneyland resort? And I think I read somewhere about cookie decorations at DLR does anyone know if that will be being done this year, how much and where? Thanks! :>) :)

Captain Josh
10-01-2003, 02:11 PM
If last year is any indication, I know they served prime rib at the Plaza Inn, and they had Holiday themed treats at the Mint Julep Bar.

Dexter
10-01-2003, 02:59 PM
I don't know about this year, however, last year I'm pretty sure the resort did christmas dinners at the blue bayou and the hotels. I know that they have had cookie decorating for the past 3 years in front of the fire house in town square as well as at La Petite patiseri(sp?) in NOS. I want to say it was something like 3 bucks a cookie, but I don't remember because I personally didn't do it.

My favorite holiday addition to the menu at the French Market last year was the chicken 6 feet under. It was grilled chicken legs in mashed potatoes topped with fried onions and a tangy BBQ sauce, it was wonderful! I hope it comes back this year!

disneyfreak168
10-01-2003, 03:01 PM
Last year, Plaza Inn had the Yule Log. :)

mrscoach
10-01-2003, 05:27 PM
I am SO hungry for Disneyland food now!!!
I'm glad they're still doing the cookie decorating - our sons are old enough to do it this year when we go for Thanksgiving.:)

itsinthemagic
10-02-2003, 12:50 PM
When we were there last year (a week before Christmas) I remember the the menu for New Orleans Square restaurants indeed did change. They were all centered around the Holiday Haunted Mansion.

I remember that I had Pumpkin Creme Boolee at the Blue Bayou (which was very good, I might add) and the French Market had a different menu as well. (Well maybe the names were just different... I can't remember). I know that at the French Market we had something that was like tombstones six feet under or something like that. It was chicken drumsticks in a creole sauce buried in mashed potatoes and covered with those crispy french onion things.

I think Club Buzz might have had some fun desserts that were holiday themed, but for the life of me I can't remember :p

LSPoorEeyorick
10-02-2003, 01:22 PM
Last year there was a lot of holiday-themed food everywhere...

Eggnog/candy cane fudge at all candy locations

Eggnog/candy cane coffee/hot chocolate, as well as gingerbread cookies at various locations

Baker's Field Bakery (and le Petit, I think) had great Haunted Mansion Holiday-themed desserts... one was a black forest cake frosted to look like a package, topped with a fondant Jack. There were also spider cheesecakes other spooky treats.

miss bianca
10-02-2003, 01:43 PM
I know this story is old (maybe christmas 2000) but still it has some pictures/descriptions of DL Holiday Food. I really really hope Mouseplanet does an updated version of this for 2003 !

http://www.mouseplanet.com/al/xmas/food.htm

Here's a link covering last years Christmas Events and Food.
scroll to the bottom for food descriptions

http://www.intercotwest.com/news/2002/11/18/001.asp

EandCDad
10-02-2003, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by miss bianca
I know this story is old (maybe christmas 2000) but still it has some pictures/descriptions of DL Holiday Food. I really really hope Mouseplanet does an updated version of this for 2003 !

http://www.mouseplanet.com/al/xmas/food.htm

Here is a slightly more update one, it's from 2001 Holiday Meals (http://www.mouseplanet.com/chef/ck011102.htm)

miss bianca
10-02-2003, 03:24 PM
Oh Cool - Thanks :)

Cadaverous Pallor
10-02-2003, 04:36 PM
Last year they also had cookie decorating in New Orleans Square, with spooky Halloween cookies. I don't know if they did this past October.

EandCDad
10-03-2003, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Cadaverous Pallor
Last year they also had cookie decorating in New Orleans Square, with spooky Halloween cookies. I don't know if they did this past October.

I'm confused as to the difference between "last year" and "this past October" but they did have the "Kookie" decorating in 2002. I think the stuff was themed towards the kids from the Nightmare Before Christmas (Lock, Stock and Barrel?). Anyway, they had the sign for it in 2002, although I think the few times we walked by, it wasn't open.

My kids love all those cookie decorating stations.

cstephens
10-03-2003, 10:51 AM
As of today, Chicken Six Feet Under is back on the menu at French Market. As in the past two years, the centerpiece in the ballroom scene of Haunted Mansion Holiday is duplicated in a smaller version in the kitchen/queue area of French Market.

CarlieB
10-06-2003, 02:48 PM
Does anyone know if the Pumpkin Creme "Boo-le" is returning this year?