PDA

View Full Version : What have you *not* experienced at Disneyland?

Pages : [1] 2

mamabot
10-01-2003, 12:53 PM
Here is a (hopefully) new topic.

We all talk about the rides/attractions we love, the ones miss miss and the ones that were never meant to be.

This is your chance to fess up as to the rides/attractions you have not experinced at Disneyland.

Please only mention things that are within your span of time as a Disneyland guest. (Obviously, my kids would not have a clue about the Submarines, the Skyway Tram, Videopolis, or Adventure Through Innerspace.)

For me, I never experienced the following rides/attractions:

Honey, I Shrunk the Audience
Rocket Rods
Innoventions
Tahitian Terrace
Anykind of story time (Aladdin nor Princess)
Main Street Cinema
Gadget's Go Coaste
Mike Fink Keel Boats
Sailing Ship Columbia
Tarzan's Treehouse

Anyone else care to share?

mrscoach
10-01-2003, 01:06 PM
I'm sure there are more, but:

- Sailing Ship Columbia
- Canoes
- Mark Twain's Island (does that go along with the canoes?)
- Golden Horseshoe Variety Show
- Casey Jones Train

That's all I can think of!

Lost Boy
10-01-2003, 01:16 PM
Since I finally got to have dinner at Club 33, I can honestly say there is nothing that I have not seen, experienced or ridden at Disneyland since the day it opened.

Captain Josh
10-01-2003, 01:49 PM
I suppose it goes, if I can remember doing it, then I probably did...

I've never been on the Columbia, I've been on the Twain before, though.

I've never been on the Astro Orbiter, or it's previous Jets incarnation.

I've been on all the dark rides, I know but I can't remember a thing about them, except for Mr. Toad.

Never have been, and probably never will be a part of Club 33 in any way shape or form.

I HAVE been the only person on the dance floor who was actually standing and dancing during an 80's All Stars performance.

I've never been part of Parade of the Stars, or the WWTBAMPI Hot Seat.

I'm not touching those Paradise Pier "thrill" rides.

I'm still waiting for a group of complete strangers to let me take them on an extended "tour" (ie wait in line LONGER) for the Temple of the Forbidden Eye.

SacTown Chronic
10-01-2003, 02:06 PM
Innoventions - I might one day
Mad Tea Party - Don't like spinning
Goofy's Bounce House - Too big
Astro Orbitor- Lines too long for something I can ride at the fair

experiment626
10-01-2003, 02:15 PM
Speaking of only CURRENT rides and attractions:

The Canoes (though I may have when I was a youngin' but I don't remember it)
The Aladin Storytime
Goofy's Bounce House

DCA -
Orange stinger
Golden Zypher
Fliks Flyers
Francis Lady Bug Boogie
The Ugly Bug Ball (did see part of it last time though)

Gemini Cricket
10-01-2003, 02:21 PM
I've never been to Club 33.

I've never been on the Maliboomer.

I've never been in Goofy's dang Bounce House. (Too big, too old.) :( :D

MammaSilva
10-01-2003, 02:38 PM
*Astro Orbitors* no yammy rides for me

*Goofys Bounce House* ~ same reasons as GC.. to tall too old.

*Gadgets Go Coaster* ~ just cuz.. by then I need a break LOL

other than that I think it's safe to say I've experienced ever attraction & show in Disneyland.... DCA is another story all together it would be faster/easier to list what I HAVE done in that park....

dshimel
10-01-2003, 02:39 PM
Anything that closed before about 1972.

I missed Rocket Rods and all the entertainment in DCA that got scrapped in the first 8 months.

Orange Stinger
Bounce House
Gadgets Go-Coaster
Astro Orbiter
all the new bugs land rides
Jumping Jellyfish
Golden Dreams
Playhouse Disney
Club Buzz show
Club 33
Never been in the Hot Seat or a parade.

There were many of the Fantasylands that I hadn't been on in a decade or more. I went on most of them in May and June when I first got my AP. Peter Pan (ridden several times since learning it is worth the wait), Casey Jr, Canal Boats (as bad as I remember), Snow White, Pinoc. I've always been a big fan of Mr. Toad.

I did Columbia for the first time in August.

Now I just have to wait in that line to do Dumbo. I haven't done that one in 7-8 years. Even longer since I last did the canoes.

Ghoulish Delight
10-01-2003, 03:44 PM
Oh yeah, Goofy's Bounce House. Whatever Christmas shows they've done at the Fantasyland theater. That about covers it in Disneyland for stuff that has existed in my lifetime. Done everything else that I can think of.

DCA. Hmmm, Playhouse Disney. JellyFish. Any of the midway games. The "bumper" cars. That's all the comes to mind. I even managed to catch SSL, Steps in Time, and some of the other canceled entertainment.

I will try anything once. I never take people's word for whether something is good or not. So just because "it's for kids" or "it was done cheaply and looks it," I go on it myself to make my own opinion. As such, there is very little that I haven't done. 'course, that doesn't stop me from discouraging anyone else from doing something that I think is crap once I've made my opinione :p

Tigertail777
10-01-2003, 04:06 PM
Toon town (none of it... it was way too crowded when we went you couldnt even get past the entrance really)

canoes
mike fink keelboats (at least I dont think so, could have when I was little)
Adventure thru Innerspace (oh I wanted to, but my parents thought it looked boring):rolleyes:
Mission to Mars ( I dont remember seeing it at least)
Rod Miller (I think thats his name.. at coke corner)
Never got my name stamped on a doubloon from the old pirates arcade machine
Never got a fortune told by Esmerelda
Don't remember ever riding Dumbo
Haunted Mansion Holiday
The space exhibit in Tomorrowland
Innovations
Rocket Rods
Never seen any christmas stuff parades etc.
Dont think I saw Tahitian Terrace show

I think thats about it for my lifetime anyways.
:D
Except for DCA:
screamin (was broken our whole trip)
Mullholland madness (ditto.. broken)
orange stinger
Golden Dreams (wanted to, but couldnt find it... even the CM's were a little confused)
Redwood creek trail
The sunwheel (I really wanted to do this one, but the lines were insane!)

adriennek
10-01-2003, 04:26 PM
I can't think of anything, actually...

There might've been some shows I haven't seen. I don't remember seeing Dana Daniel's show at Golden Horseshow, but I might've.

I never went on the Keelboats, but they're gone now, so they don't count, right?

In Toontown, I haven't done all the little kid things- Goofy's Bounce House, Chip & Dales, etc.

There are some things that I've only done once or twice, but not a lot that I've never done.

I have been to C33, been in Walt's Apartment, and I actually was inside Walt's offices before they were packed up and moved to Orlando.

Adrienne

Lashbear
10-01-2003, 05:39 PM
For me, it's:

Rocket Rods
Innoventions
Carousel Of Progress (had it changed by 1991 ?)
Gadget's Go Coaster
Mike Fink Keel Boats
Canoes
Sailing Ship Columbia
Circle-vision
Winnie The Pooh
Goofy's bounce House
Jolly Trolly
Main St Vehicles (except the horse-drawn trolly)
Club 33

Cheers,
Rob.

Gemini Cricket
10-01-2003, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by adriennek
I have been to C33, been in Walt's Apartment, and I actually was inside Walt's offices before they were packed up and moved to
Wow! Color me green with envy. Talk about the top 3 things to see behind the scenes @ DL! :)

Freerider127
10-01-2003, 05:54 PM
Club 33
Gadgets Go Coaster
alot of other small stuff to long to list

sleepyjeff
10-01-2003, 06:14 PM
I missed Light Magic :) ............

Never did the Canoe paddle.

Never drove (at the wheel) on Indy.

Never eaten at the Cafe Orleans.

um, I am sure there is more but I can't think of any.

ralfrick
10-01-2003, 06:43 PM
Making a point to see Lincoln on our next trip in Nov., only been in once in 1969, and it's different now. Only Main St. vehicle I've missed is the horseless carriage. Too Tall for Goofy's.

DCA
Mulholland Madness (went down when in line), Triton's (should at least have a look), Stinger (over 200 lb.), Jellyfish (over 4 yr old), Zepher (has anyone ever found it open?), Golden Dreams (probably check out next visit). Bug's land wasn't open last time, and Hyperion has a show I'm willing to see this time.

ryguy
10-01-2003, 06:58 PM
Club 33
wouldnt mind checking that out

efoxx
10-02-2003, 08:12 AM
never been

to the top oh the matterhorn
slid down tink's wire
up to the cross trees of the columbia
inside a character costume
run over by a horse drawn trolly;)

but I have done a few cool things.
rode in the caboose
rode in the engine
rode in the bubble of a MKII monorail (and MKIII)
piloted a flying saucer
climbed to the top of the rocks on TSI
was "honorary captain" of a JC boat, and got to steer.
met Wally Boag twice
met WD once (ok I was 4 but I do remember)

millionairegirl
10-02-2003, 08:50 AM
At DL
*Club 33 :<

* I haven't been on the Astro Orbiter since it's move from the top of the people mover. Seems to me they took the thrill out of it. One day, if I'm there at opening I may try it

*Goofy's Bounce House (still makes me mad I can't go in), or the Chip & Dale ball room that doesn't seem to exist anymore...

* I haven't eaten at Pizza Port, but I may try that this Sunday

* I haven't been in the Parade of Stars, but it doesn't look fun to me

*Walk in Walt's footsteps tour

That's it, other than that I have ridden every attraction that have existed since 1984 ( I was born in 1978, but we didn't go so often when I was a tyke). Since then I think I have bought at least a snack from every other eating establishment/ODV stand in the park. Honestly I can't think of one I haven't been to. I haven't bought something from every shop, but I've definitely been in them all.

At DCA:
*I haven't been on the Bugs Land rides, I feel embarassed waiting with the kiddies!

*I haven't eaten at the Vineyard Room (maybe for Christmas with fiance!), Ariel's Cove (no interest), Hollywood & Dine (never open), Strips & Dips, Maliburritos, the Mexican and Chinese places at Pacific Wharf.

*I haven't seen the Aladdin Show, just keep missing it, but it's no real skin off my nose

At DTD:
*Haven't eaten at RFC-but I have had bad experiences at others

*Haven't bought a build a bear

*Oh, I haven't eaten at the new fast food Napiolis place, but I have eaten at the sit down part

*I also haven't eaten at the DTD Wetzls Pretzels or the Hagan Daaz

Hotels:

*I've never stayed at a DLR hotel, I'm hoping that I can soon :<

*The only hotel restaurants I have eaten at are Storytellers Cafe for breakfast (YUMMY!) and White Water Snacks. I'm hoping to make it to Napa Rose, Granvilles, Hooks Pointe, and Yambuki at some point

blusilva
10-02-2003, 09:34 AM
I'm surprised that everyone so far has been into the Firehouse! It hasn't been on anyone's list! ;)

I haven't been on Tarzan's Treehouse. Even a man in a loincloth isn't enough to entice me up all those stairs.

I haven't been in Club 33.

I've never eaten at Bengal BBQ or the BBQ part of Rancho Del Zocalo. I have an aversion to BBQ sauce.

I've never been in the kiddie stuff in Toontown because, hey, adult.

As far as DCA goes, you'll never see me on the Maliboomer. Ever.

dshimel
10-02-2003, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by blusilva
I'm surprised that everyone so far has been into the Firehouse! It hasn't been on anyone's list! ;)

Used to be lockers in the building right next door. Cutting through the firehouse was a great way to get in and out of the lockers at busy times. (Or is that just faulty childhood memories again?)

Gemini Cricket
10-02-2003, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by blusilva
As far as DCA goes, you'll never see me on the Maliboomer. Ever.
Me, too. I don't like those shoot up, drop and scream rides. With the exception of Tower of Terror, of course.

dshimel ~ I've never been in the Firehouse, either...come to think of it.

hbquikcomjamesl
10-02-2003, 12:55 PM
Never once did Autopia. Probably never will. Driving is not fun; driving is work. Got about halfway through the line once, but thought better of it. Did the Knotts equivalent as a teenager, but not more than two or three times.

Never did any of the kiddie-only things in Toontown.

Weather hasn't been right for Grizzly River Run yet (i.e., rainy, but not freezing).

Haven't bothered with anything in Paradise Pier or Bug's Land yet, though I've walked through.

It's probably been at least thirty years since I did King Arthur's Carousel, if ever.

Never did that virtual-reality driving thing, or that space logistics game in Innoventions.

Never ate at the Tahitian Terrace, nor did any "storytime."

Never participated in POTS, although it does look rather interesting, if I can avoid anything involving a tutu.

In Florida, I've never done Alien Encounter or RnR; nor have I bothered with anything that's a near or exact clone of something I've already done here. I'd much rather spend my precious WDW time repeating Ellen, GMR, and Imagination.

On the other hand, I've seen the inside of the Space Mountain control tower, and both the control tower and the mechanism for HM, and I've ridden at least twice aboard the Lilly Belle, and I've had at least two locomotive cab rides.

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned the Motor Boat Cruise as something they've never done. Also suprised I'm the only one who hasn't done Autopia.

Kevy Baby
10-02-2003, 03:08 PM
Never have and never will ride the Whirl-N-Hurl (AKA the Mad Tea Party). No spinny stuff for me.

A couple of years back (starting just before DCA opened), my wife and I embarked on a quest of sorts. We decided to do EVERY attraction in Disneyland in a year. It was sorta like trying to hit a moving target, what with attractions closing for refurbs. Kept track on my Palm Pilot. Had to plan carefully (knew we had to do the Canoes in the Summer), but we did it!

Except for the teacups :p