PDA

View Full Version : DL Owes Us 3 "E-Ticket" Rides

Pages : [1] 2

Gemini Cricket
09-09-2001, 11:06 AM
Since the Submarine Voyage, Country Bears and Rocket Rods are all history, Disneyland owes the paying public big time. They haven't built an E-Ticket ride that has stayed around since Indy!

It's kind of depressing to see the park being compromised like this.

Any thoughts?

Ace
09-09-2001, 11:15 AM
I think that they should make another people mover type ride......It would go slow around the whole park, but it would only be really visible in Tommorowland, because it would have a tommorow theme. It would go everywhere and with narration would show people the rides and explain about them ("The Haunted Mansion- There are 999 ghostly haunts. There's always room for one more....muhahahah!") And it would last about 20 minutes. People would get off at the end knowing what they want to do. I think it'd be really cool.

Mr D
09-09-2001, 11:16 AM
Yes and they should all be put in TL. Like Stormrider, something from 20K at TDS for the sub lagoon and a Mission Space type ride from WDW.

SimpTwister
09-09-2001, 11:58 AM
Stormrider at DL would be nice, but by accounts it would embarrass poor ol' Star Tours.

They could either radically update ST with Stormrider-type technology, or... They could put Stormrider in TL and move ST to Hollywood in DCA (like @ MGM).

The Sub Lagoon area should become a whole new land, based on Jules Verne. They could call it Discoveryland, Mysterious Island, Discovery Bay, or whatever. It should include an E-ticket 20K (TDS version would be fine).

Since we're dreaming, it should also include either Discovery Mountain (Space from DLP) or JTTCOTE from TDS.

Oh, and bring back the PeopleMover, pretty much like it was. Squinky, I think the DLRR already serves the purpose that you described...

merlinjones
09-09-2001, 12:05 PM
Whatever they put in the Sub Lagoon, it should be themed to classic 20, OOO Leagues instead of loser Atlantis.

I REALLY want to see a Nautilus in that Lagoon whether its a rehab of the original ride, a new variation (like TDS), a walk through (like DLP) or a restaurant (like they had planned for Discovery Bay).

Nautilus needs a home in Disneyland.

Mr D
09-09-2001, 12:30 PM
Its appears as if ANYTHING from TDS would be right on if it was put in at DL, the million dollar question is will they? Again, unlikely or improbable for some time. It only makes a deepening and gloomier future more certain. This all falls back on the CEO and his lack of vision and grasp on reality. Or rather the intent of making Disney more "hip and trendy" screw that idea! Its time for a corporate mutiny and frankly the best leader should be someone that has worked up from inside with a real and heartful appreciation of the Disney image and legacy.

Cadaverous Pallor
09-09-2001, 01:36 PM
NO MORE IMPORTS! NO MORE RETREADS!

I don't want a ride created for another park! I want something NEW, something created especially for Disneyland, because darn it, we deserve it! Imported rides are already years old. Plus it makes me never want to visit the other parks because I've already experienced it here.

I also don't want to bring back rides from the dead. I know the peoplemover fans are going to string me up for this, but don't you think that after 34 years they shouldn't put something new in tomorrowland? The peoplemover was supposed to be "transporation of tomorrow" but we are now way past that tomorrow and it doesn't make sense any more.

I want innovation. I want high technology. I want imagination. In other words, Imagineering! If all they can do is recycle, then they are truly dead.

Mr D
09-09-2001, 04:32 PM
So by your definition what is new? A transporter device? A replicator? Or another rollercoaster that promotes brain injuries? Are the newest rides at TDS not good enough? I would take the worst rated ride at DisneySea over anything that has been put in DCA.

SimpTwister
09-09-2001, 04:48 PM
Flubber's Flying Fish Coaster or Aquatopia over GRR or Soarin'? I don't think so.

I can see Cadaverous Pallor's point. That would be ideal, having a brand-new,original, DL-only E-ticket (or three!).

I've just been thinking a bit more realistically. Perhaps it's sad that re-installing PeopleMover would be cause for excitement, but at this point, it really would be! (OK, now that I think about it, it's REALLY freakin' sad, but still true.)

I think if DL announced something on the scale of Splash or Indy, I'd fall over dead from disbelief.

...but they HAVE to sometime, don't they? When's it going to be, next month? 2003? 2010?

I suppose the next E at the DLR will be TOT, but even that announcement seems long overdue.

Will they EVER fix Tomorrowland? Will DCA EVER become the park that it should have been?

The suspense is killing me, and will likely continue to do so for several years.

Meanwhile, look for me at IOA, TDS, maybe Busch Gardens Williamsburg...

Wackokid
09-09-2001, 05:29 PM
rollercoasters dont promote brain injuries

DisneylandKid
09-09-2001, 05:41 PM
I think that an underwater restaurant in the sub lagoon would be awesome IF Disney wouldn't build a RIDE in there. They could have huge windows and have either real or realistic-Animatronic aquatic life in there. It would be like the Blue Bayou of tomorrowland!

Ace
09-09-2001, 07:10 PM
I think that there should be an underwater ride in there, just like Blue Bayou. The coolest thing about that restaurant is all the boats going by into Pirates.

Gemini Cricket
09-09-2001, 07:15 PM
I have to disagree with Squinky, the worst part about the Blue Bayou Restaurant is the boats floating by. If you're at the water's edge, people always take flash pictures of you while you eat and yell "How's the food?" and garbage like that. I guess I could just chock it up to having some sort of Hollywood star experience.

Bill Catherall
09-09-2001, 07:20 PM
I like the ideas that DisneylandKid and Squinky came up with. Imagine sitting in a dome "bubble" eating your meal while a submarine ride floats by around you. You won't be bothered by the ride guests like you are in Blue Bayou because they can't talk to you. With some live fish and animatronics, it would be a very cool atmosphere.

DisneylandKid
09-09-2001, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by DisneylandKid
I think that an underwater restaurant in the sub lagoon would be awesome IF Disney wouldn't build a RIDE in there. They could have huge windows and have either real or realistic-Animatronic aquatic life in there. It would be like the Blue Bayou of tomorrowland!

Originally posted by Bill Catherall
I like the ideas that DisneylandKid and Squinky came up with. Imagine sitting in a dome "bubble" eating your meal while a submarine ride floats by around you. You won't be bothered by the ride guests like you are in Blue Bayou because they can't talk to you. With some live fish and animatronics, it would be a very cool atmosphere.
I've said it before, but I'll say it again:
If many of the MousePadders were Imagineers, Disney would be doing SO well!

DisneyFreak2000
09-09-2001, 07:32 PM
I'd like to see TOT in DCA, a Mission: Space or Alien Encounter in place of Innoventions. Buzz Lightyear in the que of Rocket Rods and on the track of Rocket Rods a faster People Mover type attraction. Rather than taking sixteen minutes, it'll take 6-10. It will also have new vehicles (that could rotate, or do something innovative) and have all new sites to see. Then in the lagoon, put in an exhibit, restaurant or new sub ride. Country Bears near GRR, and Western River Expedition in place of the stupid farm. That would be perfect there!!!! Then, have the San Francisco theme expanded into Chinatown and have a chinese dragon coaster and Cable Car transportation system (And the Mulan Show from DLP). We need something in Paradise Pier. How about Aquatopia or something. That's more than three but it would be cool.

Mr D
09-10-2001, 05:14 AM
Hey folks, please wake up and imagineer! why take something simple as a 3 minute ride and harp on that? the best rides are those that are worthy of a 2 hour line wait, the idea of 20+ minute rides are what is the future, or longer....what makes POTC and Indy so good? its not how fast or how far you fall or how dizzy you get but the immersion of the themeing. Look at Spiderman at IOA and dream up that kind of multiplex interaction of video, simulator, 3D and then put that in a Disney park. That is what I would imagineer, not a space shot or rollercoaster but an experiance that will just take you away from the real world, make you forget about that minimum wage job you have to put up with, make you forget about the traffick on the freeways and problems at home and even at school, an escape from reality that is NOT induced by drugs and will stay with you for for a long time, like many families that can only visit a Disney park....once a year. Thats what we need.

Mr D
09-10-2001, 05:16 AM
sorry my spellin' suxs:o after just one cup of coffee

ralfrick
09-10-2001, 04:42 PM
Kind of sad that the best dark ride in SoCal is ET, unless you count the mansion as a dark ride. My wife and I both felt this after our first visit to Universal in many years, and, believe me, this is not an easy statement to make.

SimpTwister
09-10-2001, 05:14 PM
Good to hear that someone else likes ET! I like it a lot, but usually hear negative remarks about it.

Still, Mansion, Indy, Peter Pan, and Pirates are better.

pullmyfinger.com
09-10-2001, 06:08 PM
...are much beyyer than the inept ET...heck, throwin SS Limo TOo!

Yes. I wamt another E-Ticket too at Dland. What is sad is that is that there is not even anything close to an E Ticket announcement.

What's next...Indiana Jones Xmas? Jungle "Love" Valentines Cruise? 4th of July Tiki Bird Salute?

Keep on recycling, Disney...keep on recycling....

Cadaverous Pallor
09-10-2001, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Mr D
So by your definition what is new? A transporter device? A replicator? Or another rollercoaster that promotes brain injuries? Are the newest rides at TDS not good enough? I would take the worst rated ride at DisneySea over anything that has been put in DCA.
My definition of new:
A new attraction is not an import. It may use some of the same technology from other parks/rides but must be an entire new theme/take. Just say they somehow used the technology on Indy to create a "CA Earthquake" ride for DCA. That would be fine by me. Recreating attraction after attraction from WDW is inexcusable. When I was a passholder at Six Flags Magic Mountain I always took pride in the fact that each time a new attraction came out, it was always the newest/fastest/tallest/most innovative etc. of it's kind. Disney just isn't trying all that hard, IMO.

Flubber's Flying Fish Coaster or Aquatopia over GRR or Soarin'? I don't think so.
I agree, SimpTwister. I don't mind defending the few good things at DCA. Oh, and Mr. D, please don't put down coasters - some of us theme park goers are very much in love with them.:D

BTW I too love ET. But I wouldn't say it's better than the best Disneyland fare.

Morrigoon
09-10-2001, 09:25 PM
Okay, usually I like to keep my favorite ideas to myself, but I can't resist sharing this one, based on what's already been said on this thread.

Extend the Peoplemover track on the Star Tours side (out front) down to an entry point on Main Street. Theme the attraction to Jules Verne's "The Time Machine". Guests board the 19th century styled time machines on Main Street, go through a long superspeed-style tunnel to get it from the boarding area, ostensibly around the Opera House (maybe take out the back area of the sports store and move the character break area behind it to somewhere else backstage) up to Tomorrowland. It tours around Tomorrowland, then hits the speed tunnel again (maybe instead of speed, a series of images showing a time progression) and heads back to main street. Some narration, but not overdone (keep it to a minimum, let people make up their own minds about what they're seeing).

SimpTwister
09-10-2001, 09:35 PM
It's too bad there's not enough room between MS and TL for a whole Jules Verne themed land. The sequence of transitions would be perfect!

Ah well, like I keep saying, the Sub Lagoon area should become Discovery/Mysterious/Bay/Land/Island. (Pick any combination- except the silly ones like 'BayLand':D )

beanpole
09-10-2001, 11:09 PM
Alright, I'll Imagineer a new form of vehicle transport that can be used in the next E-ticket attraction. How about a system that combines the overhanging track system from Peter Pan with the motion simulation technology of Indy's troop transports?

The track could weave around and take exciting dips into richly themed sets beneath the guest, while the motion base pitches the vehicles from side to side and front to back. Imagine the incredible motion effects such a system could create!

As an example, they could make a thrilling Aladdin's Cave attraction with it.