PDA

View Full Version : Have we heard if there is a ticket price increase coming soon?

Pages : [1] 2

Sleeping Beauty's mom
05-11-2014, 08:50 PM
I've been looking into my crystal ball, but it is a little cloudy.
Has anyone heard anything yet??

megzrg
05-12-2014, 12:24 PM
I asked a similar question last month, and no one had heard anything yet. From what was posted in that thread, there isn't a very long warning period between people finding out and the price increase actually happening.

In the blog there was a post that there were signs of an increase coming because items in the park were increasing a little bit, and people have seen a correlation in the past of those increases leading to a ticket increase.

I just keep checking back on this site (they are really good at getting information out fast) and Google "Disneyland ticket price increase 2014" to see if anything is released to the media.

Hope this helps. I don't have much information, but I didn't want your question to not get answered.

3Princesses1Prince
05-12-2014, 01:23 PM
We typically find out Friday afternoon for a Sunday morning change. Not a lot of warning. Though the last couple of years I think places like getawaytoday.com honored old pricing for a couple of weeks before they made the switch.

potzbie
05-12-2014, 01:24 PM
Someone should post a historical list of DATES, showing when Disney management typically chooses to announce price increases.

It is usually once a year, if I remember.
But it is every year, if I remember.

3Princesses1Prince
05-12-2014, 01:28 PM
Someone should post a historical list of DATES, showing when Disney management typically chooses to announce price increases.

It is every year. For several years it was in August. The last few years it has late May or early June I believe.

olegc
05-12-2014, 03:15 PM

It is every year. For several years it was in August. The last few years it has late May or early June I believe.

actually I think there were a couple of years in the late 08-09 or was it 10-11 where they increased prices twice in one year. that was REALLY hard. it was like $2 and then another $2. but then $3 and I think the last increase was $4 for one day. Maybe $5. who knows. The $92.00 price was established last June - so we're about due just before the summer (and with a need to fill the coffers for next year).

currence
05-12-2014, 03:28 PM
I think one of the theories on the rate change timing is that it is shortly before the end of the current fiscal year - so everyone who rushes out to purchase vouchers for the future helps the current quarter. I know for gift cards the purchase isn't credited until the gift card is redeemed. I don't know what the rules are for pass vouchers through. If they can credit the purchases into the current quarter/fiscal year, I imagine we might see another rate increase soon.

megzrg
05-12-2014, 03:30 PM

2009 - August 2nd
2010 - August 5th
2011 - June 12th
2012 - May 20th
2013 - June 2nd

3Princesses1Prince
05-12-2014, 03:45 PM
actually I think there were a couple of years in the late 08-09 or was it 10-11 where they increased prices twice in one year. that was REALLY hard. it was like $2 and then another $2. but then $3 and I think the last increase was $4 for one day. Maybe $5. who knows. The $92.00 price was established last June - so we're about due just before the summer (and with a need to fill the coffers for next year).

In 09-10 the APs increased twice in a year. Tickets didn't.

bumblebeeonarose
05-12-2014, 04:19 PM
Many of the refurbishments are finishing up. By mid-June only Alice and Space will be down. By July everything will be open (until Matterhorn goes down in August I think). I think it would have been bad form for Disney to increase prices in early May with so many rides down. I would expect it soon though. Maybe after the 24 hour party, certainly before June ends. If you look at the last 3 years they've increased prices just as the schools were closing for summer. We bought our APs already to make sure we get the current price.

megzrg
05-12-2014, 05:53 PM
Many of the refurbishments are finishing up. By mid-June only Alice and Space will be down. By July everything will be open (until Matterhorn goes down in August I think). I think it would have been bad form for Disney to increase prices in early May with so many rides down. I would expect it soon though. Maybe after the 24 hour party, certainly before June ends. If you look at the last 3 years they've increased prices just as the schools were closing for summer. We bought our APs already to make sure we get the current price.

If they are going to raise the prices, I know my family would appreciate if they would wait until after June 6th to do so.

olegc
05-12-2014, 09:56 PM
In 09-10 the APs increased twice in a year. Tickets didn't.

ah - thanks

olegc
05-12-2014, 10:00 PM
currence's comment on fiscal year final quarter push is sound - though Disney won't ever publicly state that's the strategy. The one increase in May did not make it the final quarter (which is July-Aug-Sep). Disney's fiscal year begins Oct 1 for those who don't know.

And the notion of waiting for the attractions to be up to raise prices I think may come in to play but the strong push for more revenue now makes me think they kind of are indifferent to it - otherwise they may have warned people "oh, comig in May for a once in a lifetime trip? you may want to wait..." not really going to happen.

We'll see - plenty of time left in this fiscal year. What's the largest dollar difference now? $5? $7? hmm..

potzbie
05-13-2014, 02:26 PM
2009 - August 2nd
2010 - August 5th
2011 - June 12th
2012 - May 20th
2013 - June 2nd

Clip and save!
:)

Sleeping Beauty's mom
05-13-2014, 06:19 PM
Clip and save!
:)

I've had it in my mind that for the last 2 years that it has been around May 16-17, after seeing the dates, clearly I'm wrong. Going to be away from the computer this weekend and just wanted to know. Thank you to everyone who took the time to answer.

corona
05-17-2014, 10:32 AM
That "other board" has a rumor of the increases coming "Sunday midnight" - supposedly some Club 33 members heard of it - can anyone here confirm?

libbylovespluto
05-17-2014, 11:27 AM
I have a question about price increases. I bought us APs for our fall trip a couple weeks ago and we'll need to upgrade them to Premier Passports when we get to Disney. Will we get credited the amount we paid or the current value of the APs?

At WDW, you could (and may still be able to) get credited the full value of a discounted ticket if you entered a gate with the ticket before upgrading. Curious if that strategy would work in this scenario. Thanks!

3Princesses1Prince
05-17-2014, 11:52 AM
I have a question about price increases. I bought us APs for our fall trip a couple weeks ago and we'll need to upgrade them to Premier Passports when we get to Disney. Will we get credited the amount we paid or the current value of the APs?

At WDW, you could (and may still be able to) get credited the full value of a discounted ticket if you entered a gate with the ticket before upgrading. Curious if that strategy would work in this scenario. Thanks!
Disneyland only gives price paid. You will get credit for the amount you actually paid for the passes.

Skippydoo
05-17-2014, 07:11 PM
The Chat on the Lines App has the same price increase rumor via a Club 33 person... Rumor is $80-100 annual pass increase. Sigh :(

megzrg
05-17-2014, 07:42 PM
The Chat on the Lines App has the same price increase rumor via a Club 33 person... Rumor is $80-100 annual pass increase. Sigh :(

I read this "via a club 33 member" rumor also. But, I also found another one confirming the same date of the increase from someone in the corporate office. Hoping these are only rumors, we only needed 5 more days before we had the money to get our Annual Passes.

MidwayManiac
05-17-2014, 09:46 PM
Rumor is $80-100 annual pass increase.

This can mean only 1 thing , if true: Time to cue up the obligatory annual "omgwth Walt Disney would never! How dare they treat it like a capitalist enterprise for profit, Disney is now exclusively for the upper 10% of society only, us normal folks are screwed and may never get in again" posts & threads.
Said posts will be answered by posts explaining that decisions regarding discretionary income come at a cost and that decisions about value and price must be determined on a case by case (or family by family) basis. There'll be debate. It'll die.
A year later, we'll do it all over again.

DisneyFunFamily4
05-17-2014, 10:13 PM

At WDW, you could (and may still be able to) get credited the full value of a discounted ticket if you entered a gate with the ticket before upgrading. Curious if that strategy would work in this scenario. Thanks!Here's my experience upgrading from Premium to Premier. We've done it on both coasts. The first time we upgraded was at WDW a few years ago. We had purchased out DL passes right before the price increase and we went to WDW a few months later. We upgraded our passes at WDW and we were given the current value of the ticket after the price increase. I seem to recall reading somewhere that now WDW checks to see what you actually paid for the AP at DL but i don't know for sure.

stan4d_steph
05-17-2014, 11:02 PM
It's after midnight and the DL ticket site prices have not changed.

tea4two
05-18-2014, 01:45 AM
According to this post (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278925), the new prices are up. It looks like the premium AP went up $30.
What it the current renewal discount for premium APs?

MidwayManiac
05-18-2014, 02:05 AM
Yes they're posted. On the official site, it's here (https://disneyland.disney.go.com/passes/).