PDA

View Full Version : Deluxe AP vs Premier AP

disneyboy7
09-30-2003, 07:30 PM
Hi,
I live in the Sacramento area and would like to get more involved in Disneyland pin trading, release events, new attraction openings, etc. I have noticed that Premier AP holders are mentioned more often for limited edition pins, hotel discounts, etc.
I don't really need a parking pass as I leave where I lodge. Besides less blockout dates, are fringe benefits of a premier AP worth my while?
Thanks, Kenn
Folsom, CA:cool:

SoCalDisneyLover
09-30-2003, 08:30 PM
It is the Premium passport, and Yes...there are more discounts to Restaurants & Merchandise, in addition to Free Parking. However, I believe all the AP's include Hotel Discounts, when available. It does not matter which one you have.

Ghoulish Delight
09-30-2003, 09:54 PM
I'd say that if you plan to spend more than $300-$400 on food and/or merchandise at the resort per year, then you'll probably want to go for the Premium. If you are spending that much, the extra discounts you get usually make up for the difference in price.

cstephens
10-01-2003, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by disneyboy7
Hi,
I live in the Sacramento area and would like to get more involved in Disneyland pin trading, release events, new attraction openings, etc. I have noticed that Premier AP holders are mentioned more often for limited edition pins

I don't recall any pins that have restricted to Premium AP holders only. As long as you have any level of AP, you can get the AP-only pins, and if I recall, all AP-only events have been only to any level of AP holder.

I think your only real consideration between the two levels will be the blockout dates.

experiment626
10-01-2003, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by cstephens
I think your only real consideration between the two levels will be the blockout dates.
This is the big one. With Discounts and Parking running a very close second.

Freerider127
10-01-2003, 03:00 PM
Get the premium AP its so much more for just a bit more$, freeparking, discounts on basically all restaurants, 15 in Blue Bayou, and 10 for alot of others. There is also no block out dates which is great with the Deluxe AP they put alot of blockout dates in the popular time like on weekends, summer, etc.

Ghoulish Delight
10-01-2003, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Freerider127
There is also no block out dates which is great with the Deluxe AP they put alot of blockout dates in the popular time like on weekends, summer, etc. But a lot of people don't even like to go then. I know I avoid the park on holidays and summer saturdays. You can still go Sundays. disneyboy said the parking doesn't matter since he stays at a hotel and walks in anyway. So unless he REALLY wants to go on those crowded weekends, the only other reason is the discounts. And at 10-15%, he would need to be planning to spend at LEAST $400 or so to make up the difference in price. (at 15%, spending $400 saves exactly $60, the difference between the two. But not all retailers offer 15%, sometimes it's only 10%. So $450-$500 is a more realistic estimate to make up the difference).

disneyboy7
10-01-2003, 04:09 PM
Hi,
Thanks for all the responses.. I may want to get in on Saturdays for pin releases/events. I also want to use weekends so that I don't have to use a lot of Paid Time Off.
Off like a dirty shirt! Gotta beagle to walk.

mousey_girl
10-02-2003, 05:17 AM
We went for the Premium. The main reason is the lack of blockout dates. We prefer to go on our day trips on Saturdays that way we have Sunday to relax and do stuff around the house. Parking was also a big factor in this decision. Also, since I have a serious shopping problem, the extra discounts have more than paid for the difference in price.

(I just wish that Illuminations gave a discount of some sort.)