PDA

View Full Version : Main Street, U.S.A. corridor construction starts May 12

AVP
05-09-2014, 05:55 PM
Cast members were officially notified today that construction of new, themed corridors behind Main Street, U.S.A. will begin on May 12. These corridors will be construction on both the east and west sides of Main Street, providing an alternative walkway during parades and fireworks.

During the first phase of this construction, the Main Street locker area will close, leaving no locker rental inside Disneyland. The locker areas outside both parks and in Disney California Adventure will remain open. The lockers close as of May 12, and will reopen sometime in fall.

The First Aid Center and Make a Wish lounge will be remodeled as part of this project. During construction, First Aid will be temporarily relocated to the Main Street locker area, and the Make a Wish lounge to City Hall.

The entire project is expected to last into Fall, 2014.

corona
05-10-2014, 01:45 PM
The timing is interesting, considering how many people will be lugging how much stuff on the 23rd.

cstephens
05-10-2014, 05:32 PM
The timing is interesting, considering how many people will be lugging how much stuff on the 23rd.

Even more interesting to me is not the lack of locker space for that day - it's summer at least so people won't need to be bringing heavy coats or anything. But a few weeks ago when we were using those lockers, the entrance area was full of people hanging out with their various devices plugged into outlets being recharged. Fewer outlets available for them on the 23rd.

candles71
05-22-2014, 04:56 PM
DL posted on their FB feed that there are now charging lockers on Buena Vista Street. I had wondered about charging lockers myself when reading the above announcement.

MadasaHatter
05-27-2014, 09:59 AM
Ok....it's official...I am such a Disneyland Geek.....

I am so excited by this. It feels like a MSUSA expansion and I am giddy to see this. I have never used the back walkways as I always try to avoid the crowds and if we watch the fireworks we always sit and watch the people go by so we don't get crushed in the crowd.

I am hoping and thinking that with this REFURB, they will be always opening them up during parades and fireworks to keep people flowing better. I am anxious to hear about this as I will be in the resort the first week of OCTOBER and may indeed get to see these new streets. Woo hoo. After all I am mad.

olegc
05-27-2014, 02:53 PM
I am so excited by this. It feels like a MSUSA expansion and I am giddy to see this.

I am not trying to be rude - but really? its just going to be themed facades so that you don't see the back of the buildings. and some of them will allow for pass-through according to initial reports - but it's not like there will be a new section of land with places to sit and watch things/people/places. It will be nice, its always great to get theming but it still will be just a larger version of a covering.

MadasaHatter
05-27-2014, 02:58 PM
Oh olegc! Not rude at all. Just excited for something new. I will be happy to pass thru quickly yet hope it is ALSO kinda cool. I believe!!!