PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Magic Bands

currence
05-09-2014, 09:48 AM
Hi all,

My kids have a Disney Infinity and I've seen online that you can unlock something extra by putting your Magic Band onto the Disney Infinity pad. I was planning on just waiting until our next trip (sometime in 2015 I hope) but just found out that one of our extended family has been trying to buy a Magic Band on ebay for her game.

I was wondering if anyone on here had an extra Magic Band or two that they would be willing to send to me. I am happy to reimburse for postage and handling.

Thanks!

AVP
05-09-2014, 06:54 PM
Moderator Hat

MagicBands that are linked to a My Disney Experience account are considered admission media, and can not be traded under the MousePad policies.

It is possible to unlink / deactivate a MagicBand. Only the original owner can reactivate it or use it; you can't transfer it to another person.

Steph and I have discussed it, and we've agreed to allow the trade of unlinked MagicBands on this forum specifically because of the Disney Infinity aspect. However, if we see or suspect that members are trying to get around the "no admission media" rule by asking to buy MagicBands, we'll put a stop to it.

Also, please note that it will soon be a first-degree misdemeanor (http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/blog/tourism-central/os-a-year-later-lawmakers-give-disney-its-ticket-law-20140430,0,2276155.post) in Florida to sell a linked MagicBand has multi-day admission on it, including annual passports, after the first day is used.

/Moderator Hat

Currence, I have 7 MagicBands, because Disney does not allow you to make a reservation without getting another one, even though I have every color. I would be happy to deactivate two of them and loan them to you for the purposes of whatever you need to do on Disney Infinity, but I would like them back. If that's ok with you, I'll leave them at my store and you can get them whenever you want and bring them back when you're done.

currence
05-09-2014, 07:22 PM
Thanks AVP! I would definitely NOT want a MagicBand activated to another user's account.

The relative who was looking on ebay for a Magicband is in Australia, so if someone has one they wouldn't mind parting with on a more permanent basis please let me know. I would be happy to pick up one MagicBand for my personal use from your store and will return it thereafter.

AVP
05-14-2014, 12:20 PM
It's at my store whenever you want to get it. ;o)