PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland die cast vehicles

jrsharp21
09-30-2003, 01:42 PM
Is there a website that lists all the available die cast vehicles?

Not Afraid
09-30-2003, 01:43 PM
Does MouseShoppe have them al listed? That would be the best source I know of.

Andrew
09-30-2003, 01:46 PM
Here (http://www.mouseshoppe.com/directory.cfm?CategoryID=289) is MouseShoppe's listing of the die-cast vehicle toys.

innerSpaceman
09-30-2003, 02:59 PM
I know that technically it's a WaltDisneyWorld toy, but is it just me? - or is anyone else bothered by the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad die cast vehicle?

disneyfreak168
09-30-2003, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by innerSpaceman
I know that technically it's a WaltDisneyWorld toy, but is it just me? - or is anyone else bothered by the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad die cast vehicle?

I couldn't find it on MouseShoppe so I went to LP (http://laughingplacestore.com/images/products/0514L.jpg) . Why's the name of the train LM Fearless? Anyways I think the cars look kinda too simple...and too yellow! what's with that?! I actually thought it was the DLRR Train...

But iSm's right..there's something I don't like about that one...can't put my finger on it at the moment...

here's the actual page (http://laughingplacestore.com/Product-0514.asp?R=LP) .

AVP
09-30-2003, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by disneyfreak168
I couldn't find it on MouseShoppe... Disneyland is no longer selling this item, so we pulled it from the site.

If anyone wants to reference the previous discussion (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7214) on this topic, we managed to pull together a fairly complete list:

Aladdin's Magic Carpet
Alice in Wonderland
Astro Orbitor (Retired)
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
California Screamin'
Dinosaur Time Rover
Dumbo (Retired)
Eastern Star Railroad Train
Engine-Ears Toy's Train
Grizley River Run
Haunted Mansion Doombuggy
Haunted Mansion Hearse
it’s a small world
Jungle Cruise (Retired)
Jungle Cruise (New Version)
Kali River Rapids
Kilimanjaro Safari Jeep
Liberty Belle (Retired)
Mad Tea Party (Retired)
Maelstrom (WDW - Retired)
Main Street Fire Truck
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Matterhorn Bobsled
Monorail (5 Colors)
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
Peter Pan (Retired)
Pirates of the Caribbean
RIO DEL TIEMPO (WDW - Retired)
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster
Snow White
Splash Mountain
Superstar Limo (Retired)

AVP

Tigertail777
10-01-2003, 02:52 AM
There is one extremely rare one you are missing on your list... they made one of the wdw paddle boat (the one like Mark Twain)... I have only seen it once and have been trying to track down one ever since.

OOPS sorry I see you do have liberty belle listed... when did this one retire? I cant find it anywhere. Did they sell that one at Disneyland too, or just wdw?
I have also seen a larger version of the liberty belle... there was one little one, and then a large one like the hearse, but a bit bigger, and the larger one was far more detailed. I cant find either version anywhere.:(

ralfrick
10-01-2003, 07:21 AM
My main problem with the BTM toy is that it's mounted onto a base, and seems to have more plastic than metal.

Lost Boy
10-01-2003, 07:57 AM
From what I know die cast vehicles are usually sold only at the Parks that have the attractions. I have a friend in Florida that I trade with. For instance, he got me Rockin' Roller Coastr, The Dino spinning coaster from AK, the Mexcio boat ride, and several others which are not at Disneyland. The River Belle I found at the NFFC Convention a year ago. It was twice the price it originally was, but I wanted to complete my collection. My freind in Florida got the Pinnochio, Matterhorn, all the DCA rides, and so forth. It works out pretty good. The only one I had never even heard of is the one on the list "Eastern Star Railroad Train". I have no idea what that one is. And there is another new Dino Land ride that just came out, and he is sending me that one, with three other new ones. I forget what they are now, but I will add them to the list when I get them.

cstephens
10-01-2003, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by Lost Boy
From what I know die cast vehicles are usually sold only at the Parks that have the attractions.

Don't know if that's true in WDW, but that's not true for the DLR. You can get the Buzz Lightyear vehicle at the DLR.

Lost Boy
10-01-2003, 10:46 AM
That's because it's on the board for Disneyland. I also found the Aladdin's Carpet ride vehicle in Adventureland at DL and figured it was just because the whole area was selling Aladdin stuff. You can't find Rockin Roller Coaster, or EPCOT Mexico Pavilian, or the Dino Rides at DL. You can't find Pinnochio, Matterhorn, or DCA Vehicles at WDW. So, I guess it's what they think will sell at each Park, and which won't. Most people coming to Disneyland would not even know what Rockin Roller Coaster was, or the Dino Ride Vehicles either. And most people coming to WDW would look all over Fantasyland trying to find the Pinnochio ride. I love these things and wish they would make more. They are relativly cheap and look neat on display.

jrsharp21
10-01-2003, 11:48 AM
I am new to collecting these. Do you keep them in the package or do you take them out and display them?

Lost Boy
10-01-2003, 01:14 PM
I think that depends on the person.
I am a collector who displays everything.
There are others who keep them in the packages for possible resale later. I am not into that. I don't plan on selling anything that I collect. I collect them because I think they look neat on display.
If you smoke in your house or apartment, you would keep them in the package to keep them from getting cruddy from smoke.

Dean Higgins
10-01-2003, 03:29 PM
Although they are not die-cast, they also made those STAR TOURS pull-backs that fit in fine scale-wise with the other vehicles. They have also come out with a big STAR TOURS electronic vehicle.

You know, I have thought pretty hard on what else they could make and there aren't many vehicles left.

Some others might be:
"Sailing Ship COLUMBIA"
Story Book Canal boats
Casey Jr
autopia (to scale w/ these... not CHEVRON'S)
Roger Rabbit
Davy Crokett Canoes
Tom Sawyer Rafts

Also there are retro ideas that would be grand like:
Submarines (also Nautilus for WDW)
Keelboats
Skybuckets
Innerspace (although pretty much the same as HAUNTED MANSION)

Tigertail777
10-01-2003, 03:42 PM
Thanks Lostboy, that clarifies some things for me.

As for my preference; I keep them in the packages, because I like to hang them from nails over the entire upper wall. I like the packaging and think it adds to the display, plus I am terrified if I open them I will lose or break something. If they are in the packages I know they are all in one piece and looking spiffy (plus they are easier to dust that way).

But There is some weird discrepency in what parks sell what vehicles... I saw buzz last year in Disneyland, and not in Tomorrowland either; in the Main st. Emporium.

Hey Dean... dont forget the UFO bumper car thingy, and the stage coach, carnation main st ice cream truck, peoplemover, a king aurther carousel horse, (each car in casey jr that could be linked together would be really neat), the rainbow caverns train (very simular to BTMRR one, but still a little different), and the horse drawn main st. trolley.
AND, the other parks there are lots too... I am still waiting for a die cast elevator vehicle from TOT.

Dean Higgins
10-02-2003, 06:35 AM
Ah yes... a PEOPLE MOVER set of cars would be sweet!

To tell ya the truth, I wish they would make decently on-model and inexpensive sculpts of the attractions themselves... so you could build your own little DISNEYLAND.

I have a little resin Matterhorn and Splash Mountain that were made as ornaments, but they are rather randomly built and off-model. I also have a decently on-model little INDIANA JONES TEMPLE, but it is silver.