PDA

View Full Version : walking to DL from offsite hotel

momiekins
09-09-2001, 08:25 AM
we, my hustband four kids ages 6,4,3,1 and mother-in-law, are staying at the potrofino inn and suites in late Oct. they say they are across the street from the maingate. my question is are they? and should we walk there or take their shuttle or just drive over.

any advice would be wonderfull

thank you
jenn:confused:

Cogsworth
09-09-2001, 10:49 AM
No they are not across from Disneyland's main entrance. The Best Western Park Place Inn is directly across from the pedestrian and shuttle bus entrance. You can walk but it would be a good strech of the legs. The Portofino Inn is south of Katella Ave. I would recommend that you take a shuttle bus. I don't think driving would be a good idea. Ever since they tore out the old parking area to build DCA the parking is farther removed and most people then take a tram from the parking areas to the entrances to the parks. I would suggest you go onto one of the travel sites such as www.travelocity.com and you can bring up a map showing where the hotel is in relation to Disneyland.

MickeyD
09-09-2001, 11:39 AM
If my memory is correct, the Portofino is more or less on the corner of Harbor & Katella. I'm sure they have shuttle, if not, you should be able to walk across the street to the parking lot and take the Lion King Tram. (Assuming the Lion King Tram still exists -someone please correct me if it doesn't.)

adriennek
09-09-2001, 02:33 PM
I don't think that the walk from the Portofino Inn is that bad. We stayed next door at the West Coast Anaheim last May (and DO NOT recommend it, but that's a whole 'nother story,) and walked to the Main Gate without a problem. It is definately not right across the street. There are several hotels closer. But IMO, it is definately within walking distance.

Adrienne K

disneyhead
09-09-2001, 07:15 PM
With a 1 year old, you will most likely be with a stroller. If that is the case you will definitly want to walk it. It is 2-3 city blocks. It would take you longer to unstrap and unload the stroller and load the shuttle bus than it would take to walk. The return trip maybe a different story, with tired feet and children, a sit down ride back to the hotel may be a welcome activity.

adriennek
09-09-2001, 08:42 PM
ACTUALLY-- OK, this is going to get complicated, but, hey, there's four kids here! LOL-- This is probably what I would do: A 3 y/o and a 1 y/o-- that's easily a double stroller or two strollers (since there are 3 adults.)

I would walk back to the hotel with two adults and the stroller(s) and have one adult and the older kids take the shuttle if they were too tired to walk. Personally, I hate to have to unload sleepy kids, diaper bags, and assorted "stuff" from strollers-- I'd much rather walk!

Adrienne K