PDA

View Full Version : AP Rates sold-out?

millionairegirl
09-30-2003, 05:28 AM
This weekend I got a postcard advertising rates for AP who received the postcard to stay at the DLH Sun-Thurs for $99. It sounded like a good deal to me, and I was curious what the corresponding GCH rate is. I called to book for my birthday, and all three hotels are already sold out! Ugh. I was so shocked I didn't check to see if the rate was sold out, or if the entire hotel was booked (which I highly doubt anyway).

I'll call back, but what are the odds that this rate code will open up again before mid-October?

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
09-30-2003, 05:23 PM
I had the same problem the first week in December, GCH only had theme park view available for 284 and the PP was sold out of Ap rate rooms. I was really bummed we were planning on doing a 3 day at the GCH and we ended up booking the DLH the only one available at the AP rate. My mother in law called a few days ago to try and get a room for herself and they told her for that week all AP rooms were sold out.

BJW
09-30-2003, 08:33 PM
I booked a room a month in adavance at PP and it was $180 per night for a view overlooking DCA. Also, I booked a room 4 months in advance for a DD view at GCH. For the AP nights rates these seemed awfully steep. I would hate to think that this is some kind of rip-off attempt. After all, one year ago, I got a room at PP with the same view for only $79 per night with the same AP nights special, and I only booked this one day in advance. I know they're subject to availability, but why would more people be going this time of year when there is much less to do at the resort I hope they're not holding out on us!

millionairegirl
10-01-2003, 06:27 AM
Can't you call and adjust the reservation if there's a cheaper AP rate offered. I know at WDW people do that.

I called back, and I guess the entire resort is sold out at that time (October 15th-October 17th). I couldn't believe it! I guess there is some convention. Does anyone know which one? Maybe we'll go in December some time.

KarenW2
10-01-2003, 10:09 AM
We got the same answer when we tried to make reservations under various plans - PAP, Disney One, AAA, etc. All of them were already sold out! Seems kinda fishy to me, especially when the announcements were just recently made! How many rooms do they ever have at an advertised rate? The answer to that question might be very enlightening!

Also, they have a very tricky way of advertising a cheap-looking rate, like $79 or $89 a night. It's $79 or $89 a night PER PERSON!!!

We're probably going to cancel our reservation for the night before MouseAdventure (MouseAdventure Eve??), since the rate we were given was not cheap enough for my liking. We'll just drive up and back on the same day, leaving after our dinner at Club 33, after MouseAdventure.

We'll keep calling to see if the rate changes for our second date requested, but may end up staying somewhere else entirely, when we have our dinner and evening at the Magic Castle in LA.

jrsharp21
10-01-2003, 07:31 PM
Going off of the "per person" post. So the AP rates posted in the newsletter are "per person"? So if I was some how able to book a room for 3 adults, 1 child at the Paradise Pier in early December the rate would be $79 per person? Coming to a total of about $320 a night?

chinamama
10-01-2003, 08:04 PM
not ness... There is a new special that includes your hotel and admission for $89.00.

We got 3 nights this coming week for $119.00 at D-land Hotel! I watched this site and mousavers.com and pounced as soon as the AP rates were released for the month of oct!

Also watch your rate codes! Mouseavers gives you the correct one. I have found that "most" of the agents will not give you the sale price unless you ask for the right thing...ie last year was super suday (i think) earlier this year was AP nights, in aug when I booked it was APF, and you had to ask for EXACTLY that! :eek:

ONLY 40 HOURS untill the plane take off!!!!!