PDA

View Full Version : Requesting a room @ DLH

chinamama
09-29-2003, 09:09 PM
oK I have read before about requesting a room @ DLH, but don't remember exactly how to do it!?!?

Am I also asking for an upgrade???

What is the fax #, 3 days ahead correct? Can it be sooner than 3

Thanks!!!

4 days until D-Land!!!! 7days to DLH!!!

tjrj
09-30-2003, 06:47 AM
I don't have a fax # for DLH-but I've always called the hotel. Like getting the person's name for later reference.

I've called about 7 days ahead , with room requests

As for upgrades, I've done that at check-in, not days in advance as only then will they know exactly what's available.

chinamama
09-30-2003, 07:20 AM
Ok not very savy here! What and how exactly do I want to ask for said upgrade??? The only time I have ever asked for one and gotten it was in Hong Kong, when the man next to me was getting upgraded, and I said you can do that for me too... and they DID!!!

I have an really good SoCal AP rate..... does that make any difference?

ONLY 3 DAYS!!!!!

TribeFan
09-30-2003, 07:58 AM
Just about any hotel will offer complimentary upgrades, if they are available. If the hotel is slow, or has a lower occupancy, they can generally put you in a better room, or in the case of DH, a better view room. Ask at check in, this is the only time they will know if an upgrade is available. You can also call 714-956-6425 (central reservations) and let them know that you would be interested in an upgrade if it is available. They will note this in your reservation.

A few things to remember:

1. The hotel may have a lower occupancy, but be sold out on the rooms to upgrade to.

or

2. On the day of your arrival the occupancy might be lower, but an upgrade might not be available for your length of stay.

and

3. DH never does a complimentary upgrade to concierge rooms and gives you free access to the lounge. The room does not cost them anything, but the services would.

Also...

1. What type of room (or view) have you paid for?

2. What is your arrival date?

3. How long are you staying?

TF

chinamama
09-30-2003, 09:01 AM
]
1. What type of room (or view) have you paid for?
========================================
1. AP rate Pool view
2. Tue, Wed, Thur Oct 7-10
2. 3 days

I seem to remember there rooms with King bed and a couch or daybed?

[COLOR=deeppink]only 75 hours 10min! WOW I need to get busy!!!![/COLOR

TribeFan
09-30-2003, 01:25 PM
With a pool view you could be placed in any tower. All 3 are nice. The Marina and Sierra are closer to the pool. The Marina is the tower where you check in.

The only "better" view (or higher prices view) is a theme park view. It's called that, but basically it faces Downtown Disney. You can't see inside either park from there. Also, the highest theme park views are concierge rooms and you won't be upgraded to one of those.

So actually, your best bet is to stay where you are. Request Sierra tower first and Marina second. The only reason that you might want to face DTD is to see fireworks and they are dark this time of year.

Hope that this helps.

TribeFan
09-30-2003, 01:29 PM
Ooops.... part two.

Yes, there are rooms with a king bed and a pull out sofa. You are welcome to request a bedding type, but it's always subject to availability.

Have a great time.

julia
09-30-2003, 06:26 PM
Hi,

Since I am a travel agent and I do lots and lots of Disney trips (I basically know when Mickey Mouse is going to sneeze, before he sneezes! LOL!) and thus, make a lot of special requests - here's the best way to make room requests. It is a special science, so here are the things that

Send a FAX to the hotel 4 days prior to your arrival. The hotel starts assigning rooms 4 days in advance to arrivals and this will improve your chances immensely. List your special requests in order of priority to you and then, you are likely to get your most desired request. Send the fax to the attention of "Room Assignments" Disneyland Hotel's fax number is (714) 956-6597.

I recommend AGAINST calling because the person at the front desk might be busy, distracted, etc. and lose the note. Plus, they aren't the same people that assign rooms. If you send a fax, then, you have a paper trail of your request, too, with the date of your fax. The travel industry lives and dies on paper trails because it is the only "proof" of your request because it is dated.

Disney can't guarantee that you will receive your requests, but they do everything possible to accommodate these requests. But, I can't think of the last time that my clients didn't get at least some of their requests.

Good luck! Have a magical day!

TribeFan
09-30-2003, 07:48 PM
I guess since I am a cast member that works at the DL resort hotels, I probably have no idea what I am talking about.

chinamama
10-01-2003, 06:50 AM
Thanks!!! Both of you had WONDERFUL answers!!!

One more.... Its our 24th anniversary and I am trying to make it special! I have already ordered a plate of goodies from vacation planners, and when I did I asked them about the autographed photos of Micky and the "girls" and they said to request them at the desk when we checked in. Can I do that when I do the room request by fax?

julia
10-01-2003, 07:00 AM
Hi, TribeFan and everyone,

I am so sorry if I was a bit "snarky" - it wasn't meant that way at all! I get so excited about Disney stuff and I love Disney so much that I could write on and on (and on and on and on and on) - just trying to keep it short and to the point and give you MY best experience and advice. Details are such a huge part of my work...my husband loves to tease me about my devotion to details and he says expects me to start measuring the size of grapes someday.... :p

Have a magical day!