PDA

View Full Version : Magic Morning, on day of hotel arrival?

Hombre
04-25-2014, 10:03 AM
I will be staying @ Paradise Pier this coming Sunday+Monday nights.

I have stayed at both Paradise Pier and DL Hotel in recent years. Both times that I did (on advice from this forum, I might add) I checked-in early (about 9AM both times). In both instances, they did not have my room ready (nor did I expect them to). But, they ran my credit card, issued me room keys and a card showing I was a hotel guest, to charge items at the Parks. They told me they'd text me later in the day when my room was ready, which they did.

My question- if I got there early enough on Sunday (say 8AM) and checked in- would I be able to go to Magic Morning that day? In the past, all I recall them doing at the main gate was checking to see if I had a room key. Would this be allowed? Theoretically that would give me 3 Magic Mornings (Sun, Mon, Tues) for a two-night stay (Sun/Mon nights)- but if all they do is check for a room key at the admission gates, am I correct in assuming this would work?

currence
04-25-2014, 10:07 AM
Yes - we once did that when early entry was at 7:00. It was NOT fun to be there early enough to finish check-in but they will issue the room keys and then do the text once the room number is available.

Hombre
04-25-2014, 10:23 AM
Yes - we once did that when early entry was at 7:00. It was NOT fun to be there early enough to finish check-in but they will issue the room keys and then do the text once the room number is available.

ok, thanks. I just did find a quote on the website which says you must have an "active" room key to use Magic Morning- so I guess the $64K question is, is your room key considered "active" even if your room is not ready/not assigned?

As you say, I'd have to be there very early- and I know I have 2 kids that would be pretty disappointed if we get there by 7AM, only to be told that my room key is not "active" yet, and we'll have to wait until 8AM.

It's been a few years, so I don't really remember- but I don't recall them ever scanning my room key when entering for Magic Morning- I just remember having to flash it and that was good enough. If that's still the case, then this whole question of when the room key becomes "active" is moot, I suppose.

currence
04-25-2014, 11:19 AM
I *think* the dates of your stay may be printed on the room key? I know that it worked for us with no issues in Sept '13, which was our last stay. I would guess that is a big enough change that if the policy had changed it would have been reported here. I believe that the room key is active when they hand it to you - you just don't know what room it opens until you get the text.

3Princesses1Prince
04-25-2014, 04:43 PM
Yes you can absolutely do mm on check in day.

cookie7762
05-02-2014, 08:53 AM
Yes, we did this just this past March. We were exhausted by noon, but we got an entire extra day at the park squeezed into our stay!

candles71
05-02-2014, 09:06 AM
Cookie, we have found we enjoy the drive much better if we leave after work and add a night in Anaheim. Yes, leaving Roseville Sam's Club around 4 means arriving around 11 PM but we are there and get up and hit the park in the morning. The drive goes faster because there is rarely any traffic in LA. Construction traffic in parts of the grapevine and near Magic Mountain but clear sailing the rest of the way. The kids seem less bored and cranky, too.

kraftykaren49
05-05-2014, 08:23 AM
My daughter and I just did this a week ago. We checked in to the Grand Californian at 6:30 AM and got to go into California Adventure for early entry at 7.

Cyette
05-05-2014, 10:56 AM
My daughter and I just did this a week ago. We checked in to the Grand Californian at 6:30 AM and got to go into California Adventure for early entry at 7.

Did you use the DCA entrance or the Main entrance? Was there a long line? Any tips? We'll be doing this for our first time in June. So excited...

kraftykaren49
05-05-2014, 12:48 PM
Did you use the DCA entrance or the Main entrance? Was there a long line? Any tips? We'll be doing this for our first time in June. So excited...
We used the main entrance. One reason we used it was that most people who post seem to recommend using it first thing in the morning. The other reason is that the main entrance is closer to Carsland. We would get in the line at the main entrance as early as possible and try to get to the front of the rope. One thing we learned is that when they walk you to Radiator Springs Racers, they will narrow the line down and have everybody move to the right. So try to get way over to the right when you first go up to the rope. They let us into the park to go up to the rope a few minutes before the park actually opens. We rode the racers once and then went to Toy Story and did that a couple of times. Just make sure that you get in the fast pass line for the racers a few minutes before the regular park opening. Then you can get a fast pass fairly quickly.