PDA

View Full Version : Mailbox in ToonTown

smfaint
09-29-2003, 12:46 PM
I was recently (about 2 weeks ago) at Disney, and mailed some postcards from the mailbox in Toontown, the one that yells at you. Was this a horrible mistake? I also mailed some from Mainstreet, and those arrived a while ago, but several haven't. Is this a real mailbox? And if not, why does it let you put postcards in it?

Thanks for your help!

Andrew
09-29-2003, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by smfaint
I was recently (about 2 weeks ago) at Disney, and mailed some postcards from the mailbox in Toontown, the one that yells at you.

You know, I've played with that mailbox in ToonTown since the land opened, and I've never thought of actually mailing something from there. And I have used the other mailboxes--in fact we mailed our wedding invitations from several of the old-style mailboxes on Main Street.

I think your best bet is to email Guest Relations (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/dlr/common/contactUs) and ask. If the ToonTown box isn't meant to be a real mailbox, hopefully your request will cause them to get your postcards out of there and then seal up the opening.

JeffG
09-29-2003, 01:06 PM
I'm almost certain that isn't a real mailbox, but I'm also not sure how you managed to put mail in it. It could be that I'm remembering wrong, but I was pretty sure it didn't have an accessible opening.

-Jeff

tod
09-29-2003, 02:00 PM
714 781 4000
ask for the Mail Room.

--T
:fez:

BornieoTheLoveBug
09-29-2003, 10:30 PM
I asked a CM this last June when the fam spent a weekend at DL and I was in dire need to mail a bill. I asked where the nearest one was and the CM said, no mater what you have to do, don't mail something from DLR property because it's hit or miss. Walk to a hotel, like I did.

MonorailMan
09-30-2003, 02:05 AM
I wouldn't mail from a box that yells at me.

I prefer kinder mailboxes. :D