PDA

View Full Version : Cinderella's Carriage

lisap
09-28-2003, 07:07 PM
We had such a treat last saturday night :).

We were staying on the 6th floor of the Sierra Tower at the DL Hotel and got to observe from our balcony a lovely wedding going on right below us.

The best part of the whole thing was the close up view of Cinderella's carriage drawn by a white horse and accompanied by a driver, two footman and two heralds. It came right up the side walk, stopped at the doorway to the Sierra Tower for the bride, then continued down the side walk to the garden area.

The guests could see the carriage at the end of the aisle and were able to watch the beautiful bride get out (announced by the heralds, of course.) After the ceremony, the bride and groom got in the carriage and headed off for a romantic ride.

*sigh*

The carriage was amazing--covered, dripping with white flowers and trailing vines. The horse was immaculate. The bride's dress overflowed the doorway of the carriage...the whole scene was simply breathtaking.

Anyway, just wanted to share that. It's one of the coolest things I've ever seen at the resort. Now I just need to start saving up for my girl's weddings--I'm sure the carriage costs a pretty penny. :) ;)

swtkissez
09-29-2003, 02:41 PM
How beautiful!!! *sniffle*

LFuzzy
09-29-2003, 04:40 PM
The horse (Silver Dust, I think) is a direct decendant of Silver, the horse of Lone Ranger fame. He is part morgan and I have forgotten the other part. His only job is the pull that carrage.

MammaSilva
09-29-2003, 04:43 PM
awwwwww LisaP.. that would have made the trip for me! How cool that the only task that horse has is to pull that carriage!

lisap
09-29-2003, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by LFuzzy
The horse (Silver Dust, I think) is a direct decendant of Silver, the horse of Lone Ranger fame. He is part morgan and I have forgotten the other part. His only job is the pull that carrage.

How cool!

I didn't get a close up view of him, sadly, but I did see the beautiful flowing morgan-like mane and tail. I was trying to remember if I had seen him in the princess processional--but I guess he wouldn't have been.

Thanks for the tidbit. :)

RStar
09-30-2003, 11:03 AM
Thanks for the note Lisa!

Too bad my daughter doesn't want anything to do with that type of wedding (she's 18 now, and they will be getting married in 2 years:eek: ). Not that I could afford it anyway..............

Not Afraid
09-30-2003, 11:57 AM
I have several pictures of the carriage and the horse somewhere. We watched the entire wedding, then watch them take a trip in the carriage....around the parking lot. The last part sort of ruined the magic for me. But the rest was great - especially the horse. He/she's a new Disney horse for me. I try to keep track of this very important equine information.:rolleyes:

dsnylndmom
09-30-2003, 04:24 PM
Awwwww that's sooooo sweet! That was dream wedding(although I settled for Lake Tahoe):p

LFuzzy
09-30-2003, 05:13 PM
The horse is/was male (gelded).:crying: And is not a Disney owned animal. The people that own him live in Arcadia, and trailer him in to do the coach pulls. Just thought you'd like to know.
-LF