PDA

View Full Version : AP Renewal Notice

Pages : [1] 2

torquedork
04-13-2014, 05:02 PM
When do the AP Renew Notice usually gets sent out? getting a little stressed because I haven't seen mine yet which it's supposed to expire in a about 3 weeks.

tea4two
04-13-2014, 05:38 PM
The notices usually arrive about a month before your expiration date. But that didn't happen for us last year. We found out our passes had expired when the parking CM at M&F told us the passes didn't work. This year, I circled the renewal date on the calendar so we won't have to rely on a notice in the mail.

Is there a reason you need the renewal notice itself? You will still receive your renewal discount without it -- and you can renew any time within a 40 day window before/after your expiration date.

torquedork
04-13-2014, 06:06 PM
The notices usually arrive about a month before your expiration date. But that didn't happen for us last year. We found out our passes had expired when the parking CM at M&F told us the passes didn't work. This year, I circled the renewal date on the calendar so we won't have to rely on a notice in the mail.

Is there a reason you need the renewal notice itself? You will still receive your renewal discount without it -- and you can renew any time within a 40 day window before/after your expiration date.

To me it seems a little odd by not receiving the renew notice by now. I was somewhat planning on renewing the pass this year through the mail. This year I'm going to take a chance on not even telling the brother that I went ahead and renewed the pass this year despite on having to get an approval for any of the big purchases.

tea4two
04-13-2014, 11:22 PM
If you need the form to renew by mail, try calling the AP hotline to ask for one to be sent to you. That way, you'll know for sure that you'll receive one.

spectromen
04-18-2014, 03:35 PM
I don't think they even do it anymore - they have enough passholders that they can afford to let old ones go. I haven't received a notice for about 3 years.

BlkPearlCptn
04-18-2014, 03:39 PM
I received my renewal notice this year about one month before it was due. I've received a notice every year since I originally got my pass. (The very first year it was offered)

lifeisgood
04-19-2014, 01:32 PM
We just got ours in the mail this week. Passes expire in less than a month. When we had passes before, we never received a renewal notice in the mail. We'll be down there tomorrow (YAY!!!) so we'll do our renewals in person.

AVP
04-20-2014, 08:12 AM
Is there a reason you need the renewal notice itself? You will still receive your renewal discount without it -- and you can renew any time within a 40 day window before/after your expiration date.It never occurred to me before, but now that the passes don't have the expiration date on them, some people may lose track of when their pass expires. I just asked my store manager when hers expired, and all she knows for sure is "sometime in April."

currence
04-20-2014, 09:37 AM
It never occurred to me before, but now that the passes don't have the expiration date on them, some people may lose track of when their pass expires. I just asked my store manager when hers expired, and all she knows for sure is "sometime in April."

Agreed, even with the date on the pass, I once brought my son to Disneyland to go on "one ride" without remembering that his pass was expired. I suppose this could be the path to monthly payments that are ongoing until cancelled after the first year?

tea4two
04-20-2014, 09:32 PM
It never occurred to me before, but now that the passes don't have the expiration date on them, some people may lose track of when their pass expires. I just asked my store manager when hers expired, and all she knows for sure is "sometime in April."

That's exactly how we let our passes expire last year. Didn't remember to renew (received no mail notice beforehand) until the CM at M&F scanned my pass and told us it had expired. So now, we have our renewal date circled on the calendar.

Pammer
04-21-2014, 01:36 PM
It never occurred to me before, but now that the passes don't have the expiration date on them, some people may lose track of when their pass expires. I just asked my store manager when hers expired, and all she knows for sure is "sometime in April." Is this a new thing to not have the expiration date on them? Mine says that it is valid through May 1, 2014.

Blacksheep Uncle
04-21-2014, 05:39 PM
Hmmmm, I just checked and the new one I got Friday doesn't have an expiration date...

torquedork
04-21-2014, 06:09 PM
We just got ours in the mail this week. Passes expire in less than a month. When we had passes before, we never received a renewal notice in the mail. We'll be down there tomorrow (YAY!!!) so we'll do our renewals in person.

Typically I receive the renew notice at least a month before it expires, but this time it came much later than what I had expected. I was originally planning on going this past Saturday, but I just couldn't drag myself out of bed early enough. So I went ahead and sent the renewal in by mail instead of making a special trip to Disneyland just to renew the pass. This is the second time that I actually had renewed my pass by mail.

Pammer
04-21-2014, 08:03 PM
FWIW...my pass expires on 5/1/14 and I just received the renewal paperwork in the mail today; I almost always renew by mail so maybe that is why they always mail the renewal paperwork to me. :confused:

disneyobsessed
04-22-2014, 06:35 AM
Is this a new thing to not have the expiration date on them? Mine says that it is valid through May 1, 2014.

Yep. The expiration date change took place sometime in the last year. There is also no longer any indication on the card of what level pass it is. I'm guessing this is so the physical cards will no longer have to be replaced even if pass level or expiration date change.

Pammer
04-22-2014, 01:31 PM
Yep. The expiration date change took place sometime in the last year. There is also no longer any indication on the card of what level pass it is. I'm guessing this is so the physical cards will no longer have to be replaced even if pass level or expiration date change.Hmmm...very interesting!

YANXWIN
04-28-2014, 08:53 AM
Our passes expire on the 6th of May and I got a postcard last month and then the formal renewal form a couple of weeks later.

torquedork
04-28-2014, 06:32 PM
Our passes expire on the 6th of May and I got a postcard last month and then the formal renewal form a couple of weeks later.

LOL - My pass expires on May 5th which I knew it was coming up real soon. So I finally received my renewal notice probably around two weeks ago which I actually decided to go ahead and renew my pass by mail instead at the park. The turn around time at least for me it took exactly 1 week from when I had sent out the renewal notice to when I had received the new pass.

soccerlady16
05-14-2014, 09:50 AM
I DO NOT like that the expiration date is not printed on the pass. We have 3 passes with different expiration dates on them, too much to remember, more passwords and user names to keep track of.
The CM at the gate couldnt tell me, it doesnt show up on thier screen. She told me to go online.... ( and I hate the Disneys sites, they are too complicated/complex, especially for mobile.):confused:

Anyway, I am off... to Disney.com....

candles71
05-14-2014, 10:18 AM
At the bottom of the mobile page is a place to click that takes you to the full site. Much easier to navigate, especially if you are needing something specific like that. It says something like "Full site". You can click that on most websites.

lifeisgood
05-15-2014, 12:54 PM
FYI, if your pass barcode # starts with an "8" it cannot be renewed online. Has to do with the transition to the "new" pass style. Mine is already without photo and expiration date printed on it, and there's some kind of computer glitch with renewing those online (so says the CM I spoke to at AP hotline). You can renew over the phone, with a $5 transaction fee added...or renew by mail (or in person, of course...which we did NOT do on our last trip because the lines at the ticket booths were long every time we passed by and CM handling the lines told us we could just do it online...sigh...shoulda just done it.)

AP hotline CM said they are extending renewals 30 days (and you still get your renewal discount) for passes that cannot be renewed online. I mailed in my renewal form 2 weeks ago, but it has not been processed yet...and the pass is now expired. Hoping it goes through before the Rock Your Disney Side All-nighter, or I'll be standing in a much longer line to renew my pass.

tea4two
05-15-2014, 03:39 PM
Thanks for this info! Our passes start with 8, so we won't even try renewing online when the time comes. Will you be at the parks the night before the all nighter event? We've found the lines at the ticket booths to be short later at night -- you can walk right up to a window most nights in the hour after park closing.

lifeisgood
05-15-2014, 08:21 PM
tea4two, yes, we'll be driving down the day prior. Wasn't sure if we were going to actually go to the parks the night before or just "rest up" for the big day.

Who am I kidding...of course we're going to end up in the parks after we arrive, lol!

candles71
05-15-2014, 09:35 PM
Even if we don't go in the park, we have started going the night we arrive to do anything that needs to be done at a booth. Last trip was one ticket from AAA.com that needed to be exchanged. Since the 20 minute lot is now just pick up /drop off and a taxi stand, DH stayed in the car and kept moving foward while I ran and exchanged it.

quackinup
05-16-2014, 08:09 AM
FYI, if your pass barcode # starts with an "8" it cannot be renewed online. Has to do with the transition to the "new" pass style. Mine is already without photo and expiration date printed on it, and there's some kind of computer glitch with renewing those online (so says the CM I spoke to at AP hotline).

Interesting. Must have been a long term glitch because I just got mine about a month ago and it's an 8 barcode.