PDA

View Full Version : Ticket Increase Again in 2014?

megzrg
04-12-2014, 01:25 PM
Has anyone heard any rumors or confirmed information if there will be another ticket price increase on regular tickets and APs this year?

I am getting ready to buy APs for June, but the first day we would be at the park is a block out day. Normally I would just adjust and not go that day, but it happens to be my birthday. I was thinking about buying 1 day passes so we can get in on my birthday and then trading up to APs once we get in the park for the rest of the trip. But, if APs are going to up in price again like they have been this time of year then I want to get them at the lower price now.

candles71
04-12-2014, 01:42 PM
First, increases we might get a day or two lead time. They really don't announce them.

Second, you can activate a new AP or upgrade on a blockout day and have access that day for no additional fee.

MidwayManiac
04-12-2014, 01:48 PM
Normally I would just adjust and not go that day, but it happens to be my birthday. I was thinking about buying 1 day passes so we can get in on my birthday and then trading up to APs once we get in the park for the rest of the trip. .

Not necessary. You're granted park access the day you activate, blockout or not. Accordingly, it's good practice to activate on a blockout. Gets you an extra day free. ;)

But, if APs are going to up in price again like they have been this time of year then I want to get them at the lower price now.

Not sure where you're purchasing. We always get ours at Stater Bros. Typically those have to be activated on or by Dec. 31.

Nikara
04-12-2014, 05:53 PM
Related question- do annual passes have to be activated to make FastPass+ reservations in advanced?

candles71
04-12-2014, 07:46 PM
We don't have fastpass plus at Disneyland. (Yet)

BlkPearlCptn
04-13-2014, 05:53 AM
We don't have fastpass plus at Disneyland. (Yet)

And hopefully never will

Nikara
04-13-2014, 10:42 AM
This is the problem with having upcoming Disneyland and Disney World trips! It's a great problem to have, but I forget which forum I'm in when posting things! Sorry folks!

megzrg
04-13-2014, 10:49 AM
Thanks for the information everyone!

Not necessary. You're granted park access the day you activate, blockout or not. Accordingly, it's good practice to activate on a blockout. Gets you an extra day free. ;)

Not sure where you're purchasing. We always get ours at Stater Bros. Typically those have to be activated on or by Dec. 31.

Whoohoo, free day at Disneyland on my birthday!

What is Stater Bros.?

MidwayManiac
04-13-2014, 11:25 AM
Thanks for the information everyone!

Whoohoo, free day at Disneyland on my birthday!

What is Stater Bros.?

It's a SoCal grocery store. Inland Empire and Orange County. Haven't checked the others but I'd bet one of at least Ralph's, Albertson's, or Von's /Pavilion's carries them as well.

candles71
04-13-2014, 11:50 AM
Sorry folks!

No worries. :)

You're Welcome Meg..