PDA

View Full Version : DL pins? Do you collect?

raspberries
09-27-2003, 06:49 PM
How many of you "Mousepaders" collect pins, we just got started and was wondering what are the best ones to collect, and can you get them online too? Thansk in advance!!

SNL Addict
09-27-2003, 07:02 PM
I dont collect but i have two, i have a ying yang mickey head that i found at Disney-MGM and a Haunted Mansion Pin with a Doombuggy that moves that my friend got me when she went this last summer. If I got down to DLR more I would collect.

JenGood008
09-27-2003, 07:14 PM
but I ended up collecting them anyway. I don't trade, though because I am quite attached to mine :) It started out with one Haunted Mansion pin that I thought was cute and next thing I knew I had something like 17. It's pretty addictive, so you better know what you're getting yorself into! ;) Just kidding - it's a lot of fun :)

DisneyFan25863
09-27-2003, 07:49 PM
I used to, infact, I had over $500 worth of them.

TheatreTech
09-27-2003, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by SNL Addict
I dont collect but i have two, i have a ying yang mickey head that i found at Disney-MGM ...
Is this one still avaliable. I saw it on a CMs hat once and have been looking ever since. But, no I don't collect. (If I had the money, I would)

keschy
09-27-2003, 09:36 PM
I have a small collection. I wasn't planning on starting one, but one night I got a lady and the tramp christmas pin for free with dinner and after that I started buying a new pin every time I went to the park:) I have about 20 now but I wouldn't want to trade them.

riding_big_thunder
09-27-2003, 11:39 PM
I don't collect pins but when I go to WDW next year I mite start.

LibraryGirl
09-28-2003, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by keschy
I have a small collection....I started buying a new pin every time I went to the park:)...but I wouldn't want to trade them.

I am the same way. I purchase pins to remember my trip by and not to trade.

On my last trip to DL... I got more than one pin, but it was worth it!! :D

MammaSilva
09-28-2003, 10:28 AM
Collecting pins is a lot like getting sucked into the vortex that we call the lounge... you see one that you just have to have like that one thread you just HAVE to respond to... next thing you know you have a collection ;).

I don't trade tho...all my pins have some significance other than their trade value for me.

GreatWhiteShark
09-28-2003, 10:40 AM
I collect pins, but put them in a shadow box frame for display. Not into the whole trading deal-o.:p

My fiancé picks them, I basically stick them! LOL:D

Like everyone has said, they are addicting. I actually though they were dumb, but like MommaSilva said, you get caught up in the vortex and can't stop.:)

I would name the ones we got but too many to list.:rolleyes:

tod
09-28-2003, 03:28 PM
I collect "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire -- Play It!" pins. Five or ten at a crack. Got fifteen once. They even throw in a lanyard to wear 'em on.

They're kinda repetitive, but the price is right...

--T
:fez:

CoasterMatt
09-29-2003, 05:57 AM
I collect the blood of every idiot trader that tries to paw at my Rock N Rollercoaster WDI pins...

riding_big_thunder
09-29-2003, 06:57 AM
Wot's a Magical Moments pin and what do they do when you go on rides that interact with them?

Kimi_Coconuts
09-29-2003, 08:00 AM
Our entire family trades, it's part of the fun on our trips. Each family members collection is unique to them and I have them on a corkboard for all of us to enjoy. It makes all of us happy to see them and easy to take off if we want to trade them on our next visit.

We don't trade for money, we trade for pins we like.

mystycalchyk
09-29-2003, 09:38 AM
talk about a votex.

*sigh*

Last year I went a little crazy. I am planning on selling one complete set that I have, because quite frankly looking at them makes me sick.

I spent way too much money

Once I take the time (and more money) to get the set framed and matted nicely I plan on sitting on them just long enough to let the appreciate a bit more, then I'm hitting EBay.

Anyone for a framed, matted, complete set of 100 Mickeys???:~D

disneychelle
09-29-2003, 11:48 AM
We just started collecting. I like to collect the lands and my favourite rides. Also something thats dated for the year we went.
I haven't gone whole hog yet but I haven't been in 14months either so anythings possible!!! LOL

disneyboy7
09-30-2003, 07:05 PM
I collect Disney and Hard Rock Cafe pins. I started with Disney pins in 2000, but went heavy into Hard Rock. I've got about 300 Hard Rock pins now and have met a lot of nice people who are now friends. I'm going to begin Disney trading in a few weeks. Trading can get expensive because you by one for yourself and however many more you want for trading. Limited edition pins make the best traders. You carry your inventory around with you in a pin trading book and wear the pins on a lanyard. Disney Cast Members are supposed to trade with you, but I haven't done that yet. I have at Hard Rocks.
Kenn