PDA

View Full Version : Ursula float in Fantasmic?

disneyfreak168
09-27-2003, 02:18 PM
I was just listening to the spiel or whatever for Fantasmic! and I just kept thinking there was an Ursula Float in the show...I'm not sure if there really was one or not. I asked my parents and they didn't remember that part, so was there really an Ursula float or is it just my imagination? I keep forgetting ugh:mad:

TheatreTech
09-27-2003, 02:23 PM
I don't think that there is an Ursula float:| But, I know that one of my favorite parts is when she is on the water screen. :fez: Is that what you were thinking of?;)

disneyfreak168
09-27-2003, 02:28 PM
yeah i know that Ursula on the screen, but I could've sworn there was an Ursula float! it might've been that Little Mermaid Show I think in WDW or something? omg i'm soo confused

Gemini Cricket
09-27-2003, 02:29 PM
At one time there was an Ursula float. She came out during the time when she was also on the screens.

Her eyes lit up, her mouth opened and closed and her arms flapped about. It was kinda cool to see once, but the show loses nothing with her gone...

:)

Gemini Cricket
09-27-2003, 02:32 PM
I Googled and found a picture of her. (http://www.disneyzone.net/UserPhotos/fantasmic.jpg)

TheatreTech
09-27-2003, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Gemini Cricket
At one time there was an Ursula float. She came out during the time when she was also on the screens.

Her eyes lit up, her mouth opened and closed and her arms flapped about. It was kinda cool to see once, but the show loses nothing with her gone...

Interesting. i never knew about that

disneyfreak168
09-27-2003, 02:36 PM
I Googled and found a picture of her. (http://www.disneyzone.net/UserPhotos/fantasmic.jpg)

THAT'S HER! so i'm not insane:) yay :) why's she gone? did she freak out the little kids or something?:p

Andrew
09-27-2003, 02:51 PM
The float went away for maintenance and never came back. Its absence probably makes the staging of the next scene, with the princesses on the Tom Sawyer rafts, a bit easier.

GC, the show loses nothing without it unless you expect it to be there, based on hundreds upon hundreds of viewings. IMO of course.

Gemini Cricket
09-27-2003, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Andrew
GC, the show loses nothing without it unless you expect it to be there, based on hundreds upon hundreds of viewings. IMO of course.
In that regard, yes. However, with the corresponding Ursula screen projections, you lose nothing of the story. ie. The action and storyline ending of the Peter Pan section would be completely ruined if the crocodile never showed up or went away for maintenance and never came back...

disneyfreak168
09-27-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Andrew
Its absence probably makes the staging of the next scene, with the princesses on the Tom Sawyer rafts, a bit easier.

*raise eyebrow* uh the princess scene was

before , the villains and ursula float scene...:D ..

hmm...there should be enough time for the princess floats to go out and then the Ursula float come in...

because the after the princess scene, they have that part with the Evil Queen (Snow White) turning into the old hag and then so on so on...

"song as old as rhyme...."

Evil Queen babbles blah blah blah

*cackle* hag

"now i'll turn that little mouse's dream...into a nightmare Fantasmic!"

can they get the float out in two minutes *approximately according to my music player...*?

maintenence maintenence maintenence

Andrew
09-27-2003, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by disneyfreak168
*raise eyebrow* uh the princess scene was

before , the villains and ursula float scene...:D ..

Yep, you're right, I had them reversed.

disneyfreak168
09-28-2003, 11:05 AM
In that regard, yes. However, with the corresponding Ursula screen projections, you lose nothing of the story. ie. The action and storyline ending of the Peter Pan section would be completely ruined if the crocodile never showed up or went away for maintenance and never came back...

yeah...and the Maleficient Dragon? She's also on the screen (turning into a dragon and dying and all:p)and if the actual thing didn't show up, it'd be ruined.

I personally liked the Ursula Float:p. I don't think it ruins anything (for me), but I still liked it!:D

*gasp*:eek: Andrew got the scenes reversed! I am shocked!!:p

spshorty1
09-28-2003, 04:39 PM
Yes there was a Ursula float in Fantasmic, but I'm not sure when they took it out:)

ralfrick
09-28-2003, 08:21 PM
I know it was there Labor Day weekend 2000, and was gone in Aug. 2001.

disneyfreak168
09-28-2003, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by ralfrick
I know it was there Labor Day weekend 2000, and was gone in Aug. 2001.

what?! omg! are you serious? i thought it was gone for a while! according to home videos...:confused: