PDA

View Full Version : Tower of Terror? Ride or Hotel?

raspberries
09-26-2003, 04:41 PM
What exactlky is this large rectangle shaped object sticking out of the ground, It looks like they are painting it? Whhen will it be done, is it a ride, hotel,? Help me out to explain to me kids, Thansk in advance!l

justagrrl
09-26-2003, 04:47 PM
It's a drop ride with some creepy things to look at on the way. :)

MonorailMan
09-26-2003, 05:46 PM
"At the Hollywood Tower Hotel, you step into you own episode of the Twilight Zone..." (As Pulled from the DCA little ABC Preview Weekend Flyer)
My Explanation:
"... An Abandoned Hotel, from the 1920's awaits your visit. Long ago, and dark, and strange night, lightning hit the hotel, and cause 5 ordinary people, traveling in an elevator, and the entire front wing to disappear. However, you dfecide to check into this strange and creepy hotel. A group of hotel workers, bellhops, still seem to reside in the hotel, even though it's been abanded for over 80 years. Since the main guest elevators are closed, they assist you to a service elevator, that will take you to your room..." :D

Disneyfreak
09-26-2003, 11:15 PM
One of Disney's top of the line attractions at WDW.
Not just an elevator drop but you also have all the disney magic mixed in as well. In walt disney world your elevator goes horizontal at the top moving out of the shaft entering the new shaft where you plumit what, 20 stories. There is a very expensive hotel in the upper levels which will cost you about $5000 a night. You stay in this haunted room where many effects take place, like the sink bleeding and the mirrors fogging up and writing a message etc etc the bed shaking, voices.

Nephythys
09-26-2003, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Disneyfreak
One of Disney's top of the line attractions at WDW.
Not just an elevator drop but you also have all the disney magic mixed in as well. In walt disney world your elevator goes horizontal at the top moving out of the shaft entering the new shaft where you plumit what, 20 stories. There is a very expensive hotel in the upper levels which will cost you about $5000 a night. You stay in this haunted room where many effects take place, like the sink bleeding and the mirrors fogging up and writing a message etc etc the bed shaking, voices.

whoa wait- a REAL hotel room? You mean, that you can pay to actually spend the night in? With those effects? WHY would anyone do that?

Disneyfreak
09-26-2003, 11:27 PM
Just to tell you Im not 100% sure but thats what I was told on tv a while back. I think it would be cool and a once in a lifetime experience to do something like that dont you think. Even if im right that there is a hotel up there, im not sure about the pricing but I think thats what I heard too.:)

Nephythys
09-26-2003, 11:34 PM
I just can't imagine that being enjoyable for a night. Maybe as a short visit, but not for a night. UGH, bleeding sinks? That would be horrifying.

I would not want to sleep in such a place unless there was an OFF switch I could hit somewhere to make it all go away while I slept.

I am looking forward to ToT, and I love the Haunted Mansion more than anything, and I even like scary movies, but this sounds like an expensive way to freak yourself out. That has to be pretty select clientele!

DisneyFan25863
09-27-2003, 10:13 AM
Let me just clairfy this:

There is NO Hotel in the HTH. Both the WDW and the DCA versions are just rides:|

Donalds Duckie
09-28-2003, 01:19 PM
I too was wondering who would want to stay in a room like that! Whew. I must say that WDW TOT is one of my favorite rides ever. It's SO much fun and lots to look at while in line. I heard that the DLR TOT will be a little different than the WDW version? Anyone know if this is true?

DisneyFan25863
09-28-2003, 04:09 PM
Yes, it will be different. There will be no "5th demisnson room.

SoCalDisneyLover
09-28-2003, 04:31 PM
Just wondering....how much money could Disney make if they actually had a hotel room on an upper floor of the TOT ride? Why do you think they did not consider doing that? Seems like it could be a goldmine.

Donalds Duckie
09-28-2003, 05:05 PM
"Just wondering....how much money could Disney make if they actually had a hotel room on an upper floor of the TOT ride? Why do you think they did not consider doing that? Seems like it could be a goldmine."

It certainly seems that way, doesn't it. I know there are folks that would stay in a room like that. I can only imagine what Disney might charge for such a room. :eek:

efoxx
09-29-2003, 02:42 PM
There is a very expensive hotel in the upper levels which will cost you about $5000 a night. You stay in this haunted room where many effects take place, like the sink bleeding and the mirrors fogging up and writing a message etc etc the bed shaking, voices.

and another Disney urban legend is born.
:D

Matterhorn Fan
09-29-2003, 04:30 PM
where you plumit what, 20 stories.13.

efoxx
09-30-2003, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by Matterhorn Fan
some say it's 14, but that's another story;)

Tigertail777
09-30-2003, 09:35 AM
Actually if I remember correctly, Imagineering DID consider putting in a hotel area for TOT, but it would have been sort of alongside the back of the ride. And it would have been haunted themed with effects and such.. (though I dont remember any gushing blood) I think the effects would have been on a sensor so only activated as you went about the room.
It will be interesting to see if Disneyseas picks up on this idea for their TOT. They ARE building some kind of half size building in front of the tower according to the concept paintings.