PDA

View Full Version : What is an Atmosphere Character?

Mickeyslittlehelper
09-26-2003, 03:48 PM
For fun i was surfing jobs at the DLR on disneycareers.com. I came across this, an Atmosphere Character???? What is that???

http://jobsearch.disneycareers.newjobs.com/getjob.asp?JobID=19176233&AVSDM=2003%2D09%2D18+19%3A00%3A00&Logo=0&col=dltcj&cy=&brd=3602&lid=&fn=&q=

Thanks,
John

Karin
09-26-2003, 05:10 PM
Mickeyslittlehelper - my guess is that it's one of the actors who perform in the park, but don't show up on the "schedule" of performances. They just sort of "show up" every now and then with a couple of other folks and a scene breaks out.

I have a friend who is a member of the troupe that performs in front of the Golden Horseshoe. The scenes are frontier-related (obviously) and usually have a sherriff, a cowboy, and old man and sometimes a girl ( a man dressed as a girl) involved in the story line. They get the guests involved in the story and it's all based around a loose story that gets ad libbed each time based on guests' reactions.

His wife is an actress over at DCA in front of the train where the Brr-r-r Bank Ice Cream place is and they do singing and interacting with the guests, too.

Anyway, that's what I bet it's about.

Karin

ChipmunkStar
09-27-2003, 12:24 AM
Actually, the scenarios you described are more of the professional talent jobs in the park. Not sure about the BrrrBank one, but the one you described in Frontierland is called the "Laughingstock Co."

Mickeyslittlehelper, check your PM. :)

9oldmen
09-27-2003, 07:13 AM
"Atmosphere Character" refers to characters in the park who are not in a stage show or parade.

9oldmen
09-27-2003, 07:51 PM
...or not at a photo location, or doing a film shoot. Just the characters you see every day in the park(s).

Karin
09-28-2003, 05:10 PM
Laugingstock Co.! Yes! Thanks, ChipmunkStar.