PDA

View Full Version : E-Tickets and DCA

thamnarestan
09-08-2001, 02:19 PM
What exactly is an E-Ticket attraction, and what attractions in DCA would qualify as E-Tickets? I've heard some people, in defending DCA, refer to such attractions as the Bug and Muppet movies as E-Tickets. If Pirates and Indy are considered E-Tickets, then I don't see how the Bug Show or Screamin can be. Screamin IS a (mild) thrill ride, but there is absolutely NO theming. And it isn't even that thrilling- it sort of reminds me of Jaguar over at Knott's.

In my opinion, DCA has two E-Ticket attractions: Soarin' and Bigfoot, er, Grizzly River Rapids, which are low-end E-Tickets at that. I suppose Disneyland's E-Tickets would be Indy, Splash, Pirates, Mansion, Space, Matterhorn, and Thunder. Did I leave any out?

SimpTwister
09-08-2001, 02:47 PM
I would consider Jungle Cruise an 'E'.

DisneylandKid
09-08-2001, 05:15 PM
Gosh that's hard. It's Tough To be A Bug is great, but it can't even be COMPARED with Indiana Jones. So maybe is a D-ticket... As for Soarin', I'd call it an E-Ticket even though Indy is better.

Ace
09-09-2001, 10:57 AM
I think that the Alice in Wonderland ride is an E-Ticket... well maybe bot but it's close. When the bugs go out over the leaves, that's scary.

Cadaverous Pallor
09-09-2001, 01:50 PM
The problem with saying if a ride is an E ticket or not is that back when the tickets were invented, there were no intense rides like Indy around. The pack mules, old mine train ride, and even the Monorail were an E ticket. This makes it hard to estimate what would be today's E tickets, because by the old rules, every intense show at DCA would be an E ticket. I think that if the system were still in place, they'd come up with F and G tickets and reorganize how things are ranked.

For more info on E tickets, go here (http://yesterland.com/abcde.html).

thamnarestan
09-09-2001, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Cadaverous Pallor
The problem with saying if a ride is an E ticket or not is that back when the tickets were invented, there were no intense rides like Indy around. The pack mules, old mine train ride, and even the Monorail were an E ticket. This makes it hard to estimate what would be today's E tickets, because by the old rules, every intense show at DCA would be an E ticket. I think that if the system were still in place, they'd come up with F and G tickets and reorganize how things are ranked.

For more info on E tickets, go here (http://yesterland.com/abcde.html).

Actually, now that I think about it, the ride classifications were probably determined by economics.

Thanks for the link. That's an interesting site!

WizKidRyan
09-09-2001, 06:09 PM
To Soarin' and GRR I'd add Who Wants To Be A Millionaire....Absolutely amazing show/game/whatever you want to classify it as. It's sooooo much fun (Especially when you're in the hot seat!)