PDA

View Full Version : What is your best Blue Bayou Memory?

Pages : [1] 2

Pirate Girl
09-26-2003, 10:02 AM
What is everyones best or favorite blue Bayou memory?

Mine is when I went there on my senior trip. All my best friends were there with me and we had a great, funny waitor! We had a CM take a picture and I have the piture taped to my moniter so I can always see it!

BrerFox
09-26-2003, 10:13 AM
Ohhhhhh!!! I have a great one.
Ok, so me and my folks have 12:30 reservation at blue . we deside to hop on pirates for a time filler.
I get off and head stait for the trade shop(because its right there:rolleyes: ) and look at the pirates gear.
They had a glowing skull that was made out of rubber and it was only 4.50$!! That was the coolest and cheepest thing I had ever bought at Disneyland.
Anyway, we get to blue and we get seated right at the waters edge. I couldn't help but hold up my skull and point at it as riders want by. As to say "This could be you." it was great!:~D :fez:

Nephythys
09-26-2003, 11:46 AM
For me it is not so much a memory but a feeling. Anytime I go to DL I have to go to Blue Bayou at least once. The atmosphere is so incredible.

I loved taking my kids there for the first time in 2001. They loved it. I am sad though, I did not ask for a table near the water. Bummer!

I loved being there with my daughter this year, we sat by the water both times.

I have a question though, something that is nagging at the back of my mind. Didn't there used to be stars in there? I seem to recall stars, and a shooting star that shot across the ceiling every now and then. Am I imagining that?

Laffite
09-26-2003, 12:57 PM
Oh, a girl dumped her glass of water in my lap and walked out and everybody looked at me...

..oh.. you did say BEST.. right? :p

stinkerbell
09-26-2003, 01:41 PM
Probably playing a naughty game with Allysend1derland as we tried to figure out how to order alcohol without actually ordering alcohol.....as in, "I'll have the lamb with chives and white wine, only leave out the lamb and the chives and put the white wine in a glass, thanks." ;)

We've also had Easter lunch there as a family, I've been there with both of my older daughters, one at a time, and we've celebrated a birthday there. Now I won't visit DLR, without eating there at least once! :)

Gemini Cricket
09-26-2003, 01:46 PM
Ralphie and I are eating on the waters edge and someone in a boat stands up and yells, 'Hey, how's the Monte Cristo Sandwich?' Then the whole boat laughed. Then a CM yelled from the restaurant, 'Sir! Sit. Down. Now! Please.' He sat quickly. Then everyone in the restaurant laughed.

It was hysterical.

Ha ha.

Well, I guess you really had to be there...

:D

Freerider127
09-26-2003, 02:30 PM
I have always wanted to go there but I have not been there yet. It seems like a awsome place and I am excited because I think im going there this weekend.

Karin
09-26-2003, 04:46 PM
My best memory at Blue Bayou would have to be with my boyfriend at the time, my best friend and her husband. A nice relaxing dinner with prime rib all around, mint juleps, good conversation and then going out and watching the fireworks and getting proposed to!

LibraryGirl
09-27-2003, 12:05 AM
My best friend and I were sitting by the water (it was her first trip ever to the BB) and she was staring up at the sky for the longest time.

Turns out she was trying to figure out the shooting star effect.

A cute little girl at the table behind us told my friend the "secret".

And... I had no idea that BB sang Happy Birthday. I was so surprised that I almost cried.

MuckaMowie
09-27-2003, 06:08 AM
My favorite "Blue" experience will be on Thursday this week when we go to the Mansion opening! CAN'T WAIT:D

Anyone want me to take pictures to post?

Pirate Girl
09-27-2003, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by MuckaMowie
Anyone want me to take pictures to post?

Yes!

cryan71
09-27-2003, 07:45 AM
My favorite memory of Blue Bayou- is leaving. I really hate that place.

heidiwhr
09-27-2003, 07:54 AM
My favorite memory is on April 18, 1996. Over a quiet dinner at the waters edge, my then boyfriend pulled out of his pocket an engagement ring and asked, "so...will you marry me, or what?" I'll never forget it!

Side note - we took my so for the first time to DL when he was 6 months old. Pirates happened to be his very first ride. I guess the place just holds a LOT of memories for us!

Pirate Girl
09-28-2003, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by cryan71
My favorite memory of Blue Bayou- is leaving. I really hate that place.

Just out of curiosity, why?

jazzjunkie
09-29-2003, 04:35 AM
...that would have to be passing it on the ride. Why? First time I & my family were total newbies and didn't know there was a restaurant much less how to get to it. I thought it was part of the decor. Yes... you may all laugh now... :p

2nd and 3rd time, I was alone and I thought it would be weird to eat amongst families and couples in that kind of setting, so I decided to pig it at counter service elsewhere.

Mommy2NicknMax
09-29-2003, 09:16 AM
Well I've only been once (Aug. 03) and that was enough to create a lasting impression. I didn't know what the place looked like on the inside or that the ride went through there! We were seated right by the edge and it was wonderful! We had our two sons with us (ages 3 and 19 months) and they just loved looking around and looking up at the "stars" (lights). Plus those cute little paper pirate hats they got to wear. But I think above all else it was the CM serving our table that made it the most special. She was so nice to us and very accomodating to our children and their special needs. It was great and I can't wait to go there again some day.

Crystal

Nephythys
09-29-2003, 09:35 AM
Ok- so even though no one amswered me directly- from the other responses I gather that there WERE lights in the ceiling for stars. I did not see them the last two times I was there, so something changed or they had them turned off.

efoxx
09-29-2003, 02:37 PM
I have three major memories of BB, two great and one not so great.

the not so great one goes back to the 70's when we had to wait TWO HOURS to get our food. after waiting the first hour after we ordered the manager came over and asked if we enjoyed our meal, we said we had not got it yet. he was surprised, as the original waiter took our order then went home telling his replacement that we had already paid and would be leaving (we must have really cleaned our plates, they looked like they came right out of the dishwasher;) ). then they had to retake our order and by the time we finally ate we had been there just under two hours.

the other two are much better. I remember the fun my bride had the first time I took her there, and just recently going back with our two daughters for their first visit.

Tiki Junki
09-29-2003, 04:56 PM
My son, face down, asleep in the red jello Mickey mold. Pirate hat still on and his spoon gripped in his hand like a sword. A CM asked, dead pan, if we'd like the Jello wrapped to go since the young squire seemed to no longer be hungry.

We have a slightly earlier lunch reservation this time.

chinamama
09-29-2003, 05:33 PM
Did you at least get a free meal or dessert out of it???? :eek:

Only 4days to go!!!! Plane landing in 95 hours 50min!!! :

Lashbear
09-29-2003, 05:38 PM
Last November was my favourite memory of BB.

Greg, myself, Lauren & Camille had gotten a waterfront table, and the HMH desserts were being served, which made our day, as this was one of the girls favourite attractions. I had the Pumpkin Creme Boo-lay & the girls had Jack's Chocolate Coffin.

How wonderful to combine our two favourite attractions in one dining experience.

ryguy
09-29-2003, 08:42 PM
my favorite memory is my mom used to tell me the people eating were all robots and it was part of the ride, I totally beleived her till i was about 6 or 7

Tiki Junki
09-29-2003, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by chinamama
Did you at least get a free meal or dessert out of it???? :eek:

Only 4days to go!!!! Plane landing in 95 hours 50min!!! :

Nah. He'd already picked at, or eaten most of the lunch, he was just dead tired. His morning had been so overwhelming, first ride ever on the Matterhorn, kibbitzing with Buzz Lightyear, Pirates and Hitchhiking ghosts, it was just too much for him.

Tiki Junki
09-29-2003, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Lashbear
Last November was my favourite memory of BB.

Greg, myself, Lauren & Camille had gotten a waterfront table, and the HMH desserts were being served, which made our day, as this was one of the girls favourite attractions. I had the Pumpkin Creme Boo-lay & the girls had Jack's Chocolate Coffin.

How wonderful to combine our two favourite attractions in one dining experience.

They have Pumpkin Creme Boo-lay???? When do they start serving these yummy desserts?? We'll be there Oct 9 - 13.

Egad, I have to rethink my whole menu strategy. Ok, only one crabcake and a quarter instead of a half of a Monte Cristo and if I have the salad with the blue cheese dressing on the side, then I have have the Pumpkin stuff. But that chocolate coffin sounded good, maybe I can have my husband order that to share, but then he'd want some of my Creme Boo-lay...hmmm must think...[I]

cryan71
09-29-2003, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by 100thGrimGrinningGhost
Just out of curiosity, why?

Never have liked the food which I thought was pretty bland at best. Always thought it was over priced. Maybe I am spoiled because I grew up in San Antonio and had many dinners on the RiverWalk- but the atmosphere didn't seem much different than the real thing.