PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Hotel and Upgrades

stephanie01
09-25-2003, 08:10 PM
I've read somewhere about asking about upgrading your room when you check in. What exactly is that? Does that mean if my room is upgraded, I pay more...or does the hotel just do it?

Is it a pushy thing to do? I read somewhere (maybe on this board. about people getting better rooms upon check in. I want a better room...but don't want to pay extra.

Thanks.

TribeFan
09-26-2003, 07:01 AM
Here is the scoop....

If you are staying at a hotel (any hotel) and have paid for a more "cost effective" room, you are always welcome to ask at the front desk, upon arrival, if there are any complimentary upgrades available. Many hotels, if they are not sold out, are willing to do upgrades.

If you are staying several days, an upgrade might be available for the first night but not for your length of stay so they cannot upgrade you at all. You can also call ahead and request it but the decision is always made the day of your arrival and is based on occupancy during your lenght of stay. Sometimes the hotel is not sold out but the rooms to upgrade to are.

Hope I have made some sense. No, it's not tacky to ask. You don't get a thing without asking. Just like us.. I am sure that
they like to be asked in a nice way.