PDA

View Full Version : What's the "goat trick"?

Tigertail777
09-25-2003, 04:33 PM
OK I have heard people talk about this thing time and again, but no one has really suffientally explained what exactly the goat trick is? Details people!:D

Seriously what is this? I know about the AA goat on big thunder, but what's the "trick"? I dont get it why is this such a special thing that people keep talking about it?

karl
09-25-2003, 04:38 PM
Its a weird, almost dizzying feeling induced by keeping your eyes fixed on the goat (second lift/drop) all the way around the descending right hand turn.

Probably inner-ear based, and it affects people differently. Some people dont feel a thing. Others are addicted to it.

The goat trick purportedly only works at Disneyland. The track profile at WDW is different.

Tigertail777
09-25-2003, 04:55 PM
ok thanks Karl.. can finally put that one to rest... nice to know, I will have to try it next time we go to Disneyland.:D

Andrew
09-25-2003, 05:07 PM
Ahh, the goat trick.

MammaSilva
09-25-2003, 05:07 PM
According to my "expert" it works the best from the very last seat in the very last car and you may NOT blink! ;) But I've heard others say that it works from the last 3/4 rows... personally I'm too busy hanging ON to worry about trying to make myself want to yammy!

9oldmen
09-25-2003, 05:37 PM
Why is this topic being brought up now?

JeffG
09-25-2003, 06:13 PM
It does work at WDW, but you have to look >away< from the goat instead of towards it. The track is essentially a mirror image of the DL version at that point.

-Jeff

Tigertail777
09-25-2003, 06:49 PM
9oldmen.... because curiousity killed the cat.:D I saw someone bring it up in the lounge not long ago and its ben bugging me ever since what the heck it was.

Bruce Bergman
09-25-2003, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Andrew
Ahh, the goat trick.

Some traditions just have to be upheld. (Beat me to it, grumble, grumble...) :fez:

--<< Bruce >>--

9oldmen
09-25-2003, 11:47 PM
9oldmen.... because curiousity killed the cat.

Killed?!! I'm just wondering why people are now bringing this up, since it could be a long time before you get to put this "goat trick" to the test.

Tigertail777
09-26-2003, 01:21 AM
pardon the saying in THAT context sorry (note my Tigertail name...cat get it?)

And it really doesnt matter for me if its only a year or so before big thunder is running again, since I only manage to get to the park every 5 years or so with my finances. And it really made me curious when I heard about... I remember hearing about it before when we went to Disneyland in July of last year, but couldnt figure what people were talking about... it was just a goat AA to me... I couldnt figure out any trick involved. The recent mention of it reminded me I had asked before, but never got a suffiicent answer. Soooo the cat's curiousity got kicked into high gear about it again...

tracilicious
09-26-2003, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by 9oldmen
Killed?!! I'm just wondering why people are now bringing this up, since it could be a long time before you get to put this "goat trick" to the test.

does it matter? should we not talk about anything we can't do right away? please, nobody bring up space, splash, big thunder, or new e-tickets! discussion police on patrol!

Cadaverous Pallor
09-26-2003, 09:09 AM
With all the talk on this board about rides that ceased to exist ten years ago, I think we can talk all we want about BTMRR.

This reminds me of when you couldn't even say "New York" in a movie or TV show for months after 9/11. :rolleyes:

cstephens
09-26-2003, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by JeffG
It does work at WDW, but you have to look >away< from the goat instead of towards it. The track is essentially a mirror image of the DL version at that point.

-Jeff

But that's why in WDW, it's the Rock Trick!

Bruce Bergman
09-26-2003, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by cstephens
But that's why in WDW, it's the Rock Trick!

Ahhh, The Rock Trick! :fez: (There's always time for Silly!)

--<< Bruce >>--