PDA

View Full Version : Question about Soundsational Parade

rmanuel
03-24-2014, 02:17 PM
I just returned from Disneyland this past weekend and watched Mickeys Soundsational Parade.

At the beginning of the parade, there was a cast member who was leading the parade but walking backwards. She held some sort of device up in her hand that was connected by wires to her belt. I've never seen that before in any parade. It looked like a yellow sensor of some sort with a digital output screen she kept checking. Does anybody know what this device is for? 78647864

MadasaHatter
03-26-2014, 09:34 AM
I am not positive but she could be the stage manager/techie and that probably was the device to check the music as it walks through. She could be checking levels and setting and or re-setting them as she goes by the speakers. A friend tells the story of how one of her friends was a dancing snowman. THey wore these bell shaped like skirts and the costume department didn't think they were round enough and tapered them in more but didn't tell the dancers or the choreographer so that when they did their first big move they all fell down. There was someone on head set (this was quite a while ago so they have always been using technology!)and said "THE SNOW UNIT IS DOWN, I REPEAT, THE SNOW UNIT IS DOWWWWWNNNNNN!"

D. Duck
03-26-2014, 02:02 PM
That is used to check wind speed. If the wind speed is too high some of the floats are kept backstage.

candles71
03-26-2014, 10:47 PM
That is used to check wind speed. If the wind speed is too high some of the floats are kept backstage.
That would make sense. I was thinking sound/speaker check as well Hatter. :)