PDA

View Full Version : "Overpaid carnies"

Pages : [1] 2 3

merlinjones
09-25-2003, 07:15 AM
According to the latest Miceage article, Eisner has referred to the cast members at Disneyland as "overpaid carnies" - - pretty much the opposite of how Walt viewed his park employees.

How do you cast members out there feel about your commander in chief's arrogant attitude?

Don't feel unique - - he reportedly called Walt a "fraud" in a WDI meeting too.

SacTown Chronic
09-25-2003, 07:29 AM
Carnies freak me out. CM's make me feel warm and fuzzy.

BTW Eisner is an "overpaid rectum".

Nephythys
09-25-2003, 07:54 AM
Eisner is a horrid little man- who is playing with something greater than he is and is breaking off precious little pieces-

What is the source? Someone in the meeting?

merlinjones
09-25-2003, 07:58 AM
>>What is the source? Someone in the meeting?<<

Jiminy Cricket, official conscience.

Lost Boy
09-25-2003, 08:02 AM
I think the thing that bothered me most about Al's post today was the news that the geniouses in TDA are thinking about how to cut back on the number of AP's who are now in the 500,000 range by raising the prices of all AP's. I already decided not to renew mine until things get back to something that makes it worth my time to go out there, but if all the AP's prices are raised, that will surly kill it for me. TDA created this "problem as they see it" and now want to figure out ways to get rid of it.

Even with all the evidence pointing to the fact that AP holders are what's keeping the place alfoat, they want to get rid of us and put in more Synergy to get regular tourists to come in and pay full price for 1/2 a Park (or less depending on rehab schedules and break downs) and buy lots of goodies (opposed to us who come in for a few hours, spend very little on "goodies) (who thought that up. When I go in on an AP I spend more on "goodies" because I didn't have to pay full price to get in - this just doesn't make sense) and then leave.

I just don't understand Disney anymore at all. They are ruining every aspect of the Company, bit by bit. Yesterday Michael Eisner had to report to the board of directors that negotions with Pixar are still miles apart. How stupid can they be? Eddie Murphy in a Haunted Masion movie that doesn't even use the built in storyline that is already there? The only reason Pirates made it big as a movie was Johnny Depp. Without him, it would have been another underwhelming picture from Disney.

And a side note here, at the very end of Al's column today, he shows us two pictures of upcoming movies. One from Disney (Mansion) and one from Universal (Peter Pan) and makes a snide comment (if you hold the cursor over the Peter Pan picture you will see what I mean) about Michael Jackson's Neverland. I happen to have been following this movie, and from what I am reading and seeing, it is going to be the most faithful version of Peter Pan ever made. And the actor playing Peter this time around is a boy, not some girl dressed up to look like a boy. And the actor playing Captain Hook is the same man who plays Lucious Malfoy (Draco's father) in the Harry Potter 2 movie. I am looking forward to this movie very much. We may not have a Harry Potter movie this year, but we are getting another very famous magical boy from another famous book.

millionairegirl
09-25-2003, 08:07 AM
I read Al's articles for awhile, and I realized that they were turning me into a bitter, bitter person. I thought his over-analyzation of Eisner's quote at the BTMR press conference was just ridiculous. I'm done reading Al. When I see a second source for this alleged 'overpaid carnies' quote, I will believe it, until then it's just a made-up quote from a bitter, bitter man.

Nephythys
09-25-2003, 08:08 AM
Jiminy Cricket, official conscience.

Thanks for being so helpful- other than the article- where did the quotes come from?

I would like to know the source if you can bring yourself to give it-

merlinjones
09-25-2003, 08:11 AM
Curiouser and curiouser.

Nephythys
09-25-2003, 08:18 AM
Irritating and more irritating-

HBTiggerFan
09-25-2003, 08:27 AM
It seems that TDA has already forgot what happend when they stopped selling APs when DCA opened. The park didn't experience the mass overwhelming crowds they were expecting. In fact the park was a ghost town.

CoasterMatt
09-25-2003, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by HB Tigger Fan
The park didn't experience the mass overwhelming crowds they were expecting. In fact the park was a ghost town.

No it wasn't, Knott's Berry Farm did just fine :~D

Doodle Duck
09-25-2003, 09:06 AM
I return ONLY where I'm WELCOME or at least FEEL welcome.

I do not patronize retaurants with lousy unfriendly help, no matter how good the food...
Stores with clueless snotty employees and dense managers who can not hire or train properly...
and will no longer visit parks with Eisner syndrome (after the pass dumps on Oct. 17th).

Oh well.

Nephythys
09-25-2003, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Doodle Duck
I return ONLY where I'm WELCOME or at least FEEL welcome.

I do not patronize retaurants with lousy unfriendly help, no matter how good the food...
Stores with clueless snotty employees and dense managers who can not hire or train properly...
and will no longer visit parks with Eisner syndrome (after the pass dumps on Oct. 17th).

Oh well.

Does that mean you will not go to any Disney park until he is gone? If so, do you think that will actually happen anytime soon?

innerSpaceman
09-25-2003, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Nephythys
What is the source? Someone in the meeting?
And why are you asking us? Al does not read MousePad. If, however, you were to ask him directly, I'm sure you would get no response. He cannot jeopardize his excellent sources deep inside the Disney Company by revealing their identities. Let's not be silly.

millionairegirl
09-25-2003, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by innerSpaceman
And why are you asking us? Al does not read MousePad. If, however, you were to ask him directly, I'm sure you would get no response. He cannot jeopardize his excellent sources deep inside the Disney Company by revealing their identities. Let's not be silly.

All right then, but why do you believe him? He obviously has a deep hatred toward Eisner and the current regime. Why would he not lie?

Nephythys
09-25-2003, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by innerSpaceman

Excuse me? I did not read the article, I thought maybe it would have said who gave the quotes- I do not even know who Al is, other than what I have seen here. WHY would I ask him?

You know how articles will say that so and so said that this was said in the meeting-

I'm not being silly- I asked a genuine question only to be treated with disrespect and paranoia- good grief!

Gosh- sorry I am still learning who is who and what is what- can't anyone react with civility and answer a question without treating me like an enemy?

Doodle Duck
09-25-2003, 09:44 AM
"Does that mean you will not go to any Disney park until he is gone? If so, do you think that will actually happen anytime soon?"

Good question.

I think he will go when his personal money bin is saturated so that even he feels 'full'. It's not about his legasy anymore, it's all about the bin. Since Roy Disney is selling stocks...I don't have a good feeling about how things will turn around soon-ish. But they will. The shining example of Disney Sea is too bright a light for for the company sans ME to not get the picture eventualy.

As to other Disney Parks...

hmmmm...

I guess that depends on how much negative input ME has exerted and if it 'stuck'. I would like to visit AK though...but I have a stronger urge to see Busch Gardens in tampa and UIOA in Orlando. Not interested in Epcot but not because of Eisner.
I'm most interested in Diz for the Animation legasy (now also dumped by the Anti-Walt...aaaaarrrrggggggggggg!) and the Fantasy-ish elements of the Diz Parks.

Of course DCA is out as I visit that often...but for FREE thanks to the AP. We do spend about $60 on average per day there though...

Nephythys
09-25-2003, 10:22 AM
Thank you for the info- I have disliked Eisner for a long time now, even before I began speaking to the posters here. I personally will celebrate the day he is gone and someone else takes over. Someone who (hopefully) knows they have a treasure and treats it as such.

I have seen some things about Disneysea, enough to know that I want to go there someday. I will continue to spend most of my vacation money on DL, I have a loyalty there that I can't shake. I want to go to WDW and experience each park, but I am somewhat overwhelmed by it all!

Tref
09-25-2003, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by SacTown Chronic
Carnies freak me out. CM's make me feel warm and fuzzy.

BTW Eisner is an "overpaid rectum".

Funny line, Sactown.

hefferdude
09-25-2003, 10:45 AM

Correct me if I seem a bit confused but this statement appears to negatively reflect on all the good CMs who do believe in WD's paradigm and continue to perform their jobs to the benefit of DL, its guests and all it represents to us.:confused:

There are a great number of people whose livelyhood depends upon their job at DLR. Coinsidering the sheer number of employees, it's fairly rare when I experience a "lousy unfriendly" CM.

Simply, it seems to be a hasty slam.

As to the "carnie" quote attribute to Eisner - if it is true and I do require sources/references to comments like this - he has become diametrically opposed in philosophy to the genius of Walt Disney
and that isn't good for us.

:mad:

Lost Boy
09-25-2003, 10:46 AM
To make matter even worse, I got an e-mail from a very good freind who lives near Disneyland Paris and goes quite often. We trade things back and forth. He mentioned the other night that on his last visit to the Paris Resort that the same thing is starting to happen there. The "Employees" are ruder than normal, the food is now awful and overpriced, the waiter are lousy at what they do and the overall feeling was on of just give us your money and begone. He also mentioned that the Studio Park is really small and closes early now (around 6:30pm). Neither park is running Fireworks and most of the Parades are on hiateus for now. My other friend, from Florida, who worked a couple of years ago at Tokyo Disneyland will be going back (after repeated telephone calls and letters from Tokyo) this coming March and he will let me know how things are over there. I will pass on any news from these two as they are fans like us, and each one is very honest at reporting on these two far away Parks.

hefferdude
09-25-2003, 10:56 AM
The "Employees" are ruder than normal,

To the Parisians, everything but Paris is swamp.
(kidding - sort of :rolleyes: )

I'll be at DLR this weekend so I guess I can see firsthand if the negative reports have any substance. I surely hope not.:cool:

mousey_girl
09-25-2003, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Nephythys
I'm not being silly- I asked a genuine question only to be treated with disrespect and paranoia- good grief!

Gosh- sorry I am still learning who is who and what is what- can't anyone react with civility and answer a question without treating me like an enemy?

The Al in question broke things off with MousePlanet and began his own site. It is called Mice Age. Here is the link. (www.miceage.com) I haven't read the article in question (yet) so I can't give any better info. My best recommendation is to read it for yourself. He usually won't quote his sources because that could get the sources in serious trouble. He often has deeep insider information that the common folk aren't supposed to know. I find his articles very informative and often entertaining. I also take most of it with a grain of salt.

cstephens
09-25-2003, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by merlinjones
According to the latest Miceage article, Eisner has referred to the cast members at Disneyland as "overpaid carnies" - - pretty much the opposite of how Walt viewed his park employees.

Actually, the article says the term is "a quote attributed to him", which to me is even further removed from "someone told me they heard him say it".

But, hey, why confirm that someone actually said something before bashing them over the head for saying it? Just go ahead and rip into them anyway. Why let reality interfere? :rolleyes:

Doodle Duck
09-25-2003, 11:18 AM
heferdude: "Correct me if I seem a bit confused..."

You are corrected...a Misread...

Restaurants and Stores had NOTHING to do with Disneyland or Disney...I mean in General...everywhere.

Only DL statement was identified as 'Parks with Eisner Syndrome'.

I NEVER slam CMs in general and rarely specifically...actually NEVER specifically either.