PDA

View Full Version : Flo's Breakfast Ending 3/23 [Now restarted]

Pages : [1] 2

Malcon10t
03-18-2014, 07:29 AM
Flo's will no longer be offering breakfast after March 23rd. If you need a last chicken tamale, hit the park before then!

stan4d_steph
03-18-2014, 08:34 AM
What a bummer. What will be the best in-park breakfast options after that? I like the biscuit sandwich at Whitewater Snacks, but if you're not a hotel guest you can't use the entrance there in the early morning.

candles71
03-18-2014, 08:43 AM
What a bummer. What will be the best in-park breakfast options after that? I like the biscuit sandwich at Whitewater Snacks, but if you're not a hotel guest you can't use the entrance there in the early morning.
I have heard (here) that you can show your receipt from WW to use that entrance.

houseofmouse
03-18-2014, 09:18 AM
Lame. :( That was a great place to eat and sit by the ride. Why are they stopping??

carolinakid
03-18-2014, 09:41 AM
I guess Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Cafe is it for breakfast now at DCA unless you wanna do TS at Ariel's Grotto.

cstephens
03-18-2014, 10:08 AM
Odd cause it's always crowded every time I've had breakfast there.

Malcon10t
03-18-2014, 10:09 AM
Pacific Wharf has a good breakfast bowl. The Cones have a breakfast cone. Starbucks.

carolinakid
03-18-2014, 11:05 AM
I forgot about the bacon and scrambled egg cone at Cozy Cones. I've never tried it but I've seen people with them.

BlkPearlCptn
03-18-2014, 11:15 AM
I forgot about the bacon and scrambled egg cone at Cozy Cones. I've never tried it but I've seen people with them.

Same here. They always look so good too.

cstephens
03-18-2014, 12:15 PM
Pacific Wharf has a good breakfast bowl. The Cones have a breakfast cone. Starbucks.

Hmmm, didn't know Pacific Wharf had a breakfast option. Will need to keep that in mind. I've had the breakfast cone, and I really liked it. I'll miss Flo's, though, cause it's a real sit-down breakfast without the price and time commitment of a table-service location. Bummed that I don't have time this weekend for one last visit.

LacyBelle
03-18-2014, 12:20 PM
Disappointed in this news, too.
It was enjoyable to get the chicken tamale breakfast and watch RSR in the morning. Such a shame.
I haven't seen a reason given for this change. Is it a cost-cutting measure? Was there not enough business to support breakfast service from a financial standpoint? Although it did seem to be fairly busy the times we went.

Yes, the breakfast cones are good, but misses that sit-down aspect as cstephens mentioned. The cones are portable so you can take them with you, sit on a bench, and still enjoy the atmosphere. It's just not the same, though.

houseofmouse
03-18-2014, 12:43 PM
guess you could take your cone and go sit in the outdoor seating at Flo's unless it will be all locked up.

olegc
03-18-2014, 05:40 PM
I'll miss Flo's, though, cause it's a real sit-down breakfast without the price and time commitment of a table-service location. .

that was my thought too. And sometimes its not so pleasant to sit outside on pacific wharf. Is there are indoor option with a real breakfast anymore at DCA? (FFP has sandwiches, yes, but its almost grab and go after the length of the lines).

smanrick51
03-19-2014, 07:22 AM
Ugh! Terrible news! That salted caramel French toast is the best breakfast in the Park!!!

chahn
03-19-2014, 06:51 PM
Bummer! I love the salted caramel French toast too. I guess I know where we are having breakfast when we hit the parks on Saturday.

candles71
04-14-2014, 08:58 AM
Disneyland Today just announced on their Facebook page that Breakfast is back at Flo's. :)

houseofmouse
04-14-2014, 10:51 AM
yay!!!

stan4d_steph
04-14-2014, 02:43 PM
Disneyland Today just announced on their Facebook page that Breakfast is back at Flo's. :)It was also in the April 7 Disneyland Update on MousePlanet. :)

candles71
04-14-2014, 08:38 PM
Thanks Steph. I skimmed last weeks pretty fast as it was a crazy week. I had more time today but didn't see it in there. :)

Teddi
04-23-2014, 05:08 PM
Hurray!!!! Hands down best breakfast in DCA. So glad to see they undid this awful decision =D

DisneyFunFamily4
04-23-2014, 06:57 PM
Yay! Now we need to get over there for breakfast someday soon.

MadasaHatter
04-25-2014, 08:09 AM
Wow. I guess I need to try breakfast at FLO's. Disney Dining is so hit and miss for me. The inconsistency drives me mad (ooh the pun wasn't intended he he) and so many places are set up very poorly that I get served cold food. I don't need my food to be screaming hot but cold pancakes are gross. Just sayin'.....
ANYHOO with all of y'alls raving about this I must needs try it. I love the setting of this restaurant. How are the lunches here? It is diner fair right??? I may need to go on the website and check it out. Congrats to all of you breakfast lovers out there....

carolinakid
04-25-2014, 08:32 AM
My boyfirend and I aren't heavy breakfast eaters but the choices at Flo's look intriguing. We might have to make an exception next visit and try it. River Belle Terrace's menu doesn't really appeal to us in that you can find those offerings just about anywhere. Mind you not in such glorious surroundings.

danyoung
04-25-2014, 09:17 AM
River Belle Terrace's menu doesn't really appeal to us in that you can find those offerings just about anywhere. Mind you not in such glorious surroundings.

And the surroundings are the key. Eggs and pancakes aren't that special. But sitting outside watching the Mark Twain go by? Totally cool!

candles71
04-25-2014, 09:32 AM
And the surroundings are the key. Eggs and pancakes aren't that special. But sitting outside watching the Mark Twain go by? Totally cool!
Exactly. Much of the choices at Riverbell can be had at Tommorowland Terrace, slightly cheaper as drinks are included, but the atmosphere is so diifferent and gorgeous in the morning.