PDA

View Full Version : Mother's Day dining reservations open 3/12; Disneyland Hotel Brunch not offered

AVP
03-11-2014, 01:05 PM
Reservations for Mother's Day dining open tomorrow via the Disneyland website and the Disney Dine Line, but you won't be able to book the annual Disneyland Hotel Mother's Day Brunch previously hosted in the Grand Ballroom. That offering is "no longer available," but both the Grand Californian and Paradise Pier hotels will have a brunch option.

Mother's Day Brunch at Storyteller’s Cafe (Grand Californian Hotel) and PCH Grill (Paradise Pier Hotel) is $33.99 plus tax for adults, $16.99 for children ages 3 to 11. There is no charge for children under 3. We do not yet have menu details, but expect this to be a buffet as in past years.

Reservations are also available for the character breakfast at the Plaza Inn, at the Carnation Cafe for breakfast, lunch or dinner; and at the Blue Bayou for lunch or dinner. All three locations will feature special items for Mother's Day.

The holiday cupcake tradition continues with Mother’s Day cupcakes are available at the selected locations:

Disneyland – Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe
Disney California Adventure – Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Cafe; Pacific Wharf Cafe
Disneyland Hotel – The Coffee House
Paradise Pier Hotel – Surfside Lounge

You can make reservations via www.disneyland.com/dine (http://www.disneyland.com/dine) or by calling 714-781-3463

I guess this answers the question of how Disney will handle hosting both a brunch and a race expo at the Disneyland Hotel when the Tinker Bell half marathon moves to Mother's Day in 2015. They just won't.

valenciajoe
03-11-2014, 01:28 PM
That is a shame. We started go there before my oldest daughter was born. I guess that had to do it this way a year in advance so to prep the crowd. There are going to be a LOT of disappointed families (and perhaps angry). Wouldn't want to be the phone person handling the complaints.

MickeyDogMom
03-11-2014, 02:43 PM
I know one Grandpa that is going to be VERY disappointed.

THpoohbear
03-11-2014, 02:54 PM
I am very disappointed. Going to this brunch was the one consolation I had for running Tink on Mother's Day weekend. I'm not happy ONE BIT they moved Tink from January (loved it right where it was) to May, and it's even worse that it is on Mother's Day. I want to run the next two years for legacy status and thought since I was running I could sweet talk DH in taking us all to the brunch afterwards. Not a happy (run)Disney fan right now.

Malcon10t
03-11-2014, 03:13 PM
I know one Grandpa that is going to be VERY disappointed.It was the only way we cuold get him to Disneyland voluntarily. Heck, HE reminded ME a few weeks ago to get the reservations. No need for us to visit that weekend now.

DisneyFunFamily4
03-11-2014, 03:53 PM
This makes me so mad. We did it for the first time last year and totally loved it. I wanted to start going every year. This is just one more reason not to run tink on Mother's Day next year. No way I'm waking up early to run if I don't get my fancy brunch after.

Hannahbelle
03-11-2014, 07:29 PM
Ah man this bites!! I will be running Tink and was gonna splurge on brunch for sure. I was thinking they would possibly move it into one of the other hotel ballrooms to accommodate the expo. I wonder why they're moving it around this year already?

fairestoneofall
03-12-2014, 02:43 PM
Ah man this bites!! I will be running Tink and was gonna splurge on brunch for sure. I was thinking they would possibly move it into one of the other hotel ballrooms to accommodate the expo. I wonder why they're moving it around this year already?

I have other brunch locations in mind for next year. Trust me on this.